Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 1:27 AM
thanks Kayla - yeah if I make em png they'd have to be even smaller as the file size is bigger lol

Check out my sims blog - Monkeys with Technology
My pixels@SU

Advertisement
Forum Resident
#77 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 1:31 AM
I think the file size can be bigger with png. I thought only jpg is 250 and everything else is something different.

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 1:34 AM
70k limit

My pixels@SU

Lab Assistant
#79 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 2:42 AM
@nhayes17 : if u make them so big, I might not be able to access the page :psince my internet connection is so F**Kin SLOW!!!!!

My girl was in MAKE ME A MODEL! contest by missroxor

check out my facebook rp account and my tumblr for pictures
The other one
Original Poster
#80 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 4:51 AM Last edited by missroxor : 20th Jun 2011 at 5:20 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by gnluvjj
It's just that I don't want to miss the second round requirements because it seems the time you use for the timer is 12 hours difference to my time.
So the round will be over when I'm asleep, then you post the rules, then when I wake up (or checking my laptop) the site is already closed

Jeez, you’re a million miles away! Lol. Where are ya anyway, Japan? Ok, how about the application deadline remains at 3pm PDT on 23 Jun to give any newcomers a chance but I’ll post the new round on the 22nd so everybody will have time to get on and see it? Normally I wouldn’t want to post one round before another finished because I wouldn’t want those who haven’t finished yet having less time to work on the next round but I suppose it doesn’t really matter in these circumstances since everybody is having 2+ days off to work on it. I’ll try to post it around my original time plan of 9pm PDT so it should be with you about 9am on 23 Jun. Sorry for any confusion guys, multiple time zones baffle me at the best of times but throwing multiple deadlines into the mix is giving me a headache

Shadow Girl I’m adding you now. I’m really chuffed at how diverse this little contest is becoming, men and plus size models...this’ll be fun

Quote: Originally posted by Nhayes17
Do we still have the same size limit on contest pics? I hate making mine so small and not .png
I think it’s the same as MTS rules as Kaylarox said but I’ll have a quick scan of the rules again and see if I see anything. Out of curiosity, why do you prefer .png? I use them if I need a transparent background to stick but otherwise I didn’t realise they were any better or worse than jpegs.

EDIT: Just found this on the contest forum rules: "•Please keep picture sizes within reasonable limits. We don't all have DSL connections so huge connections can take forever to load. The OPTIMUM picture size is 650x550. The Contests Forum Moderators will judge larger images on a case by case basis and may request you resize images. Failure to comply when asked will result in your post being removed." Doesn't actually mention file size, just image size but I'm guessing it's the normal 250k for jpegs and less for anything else.

lol@ngluvjj Yep. If I’m on my gaming computer like now it’s no problem but I do most of my day to day internet on my crappy little notebook thingy and it doesn’t handle image heavy threads well.

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Forum Resident
#81 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 5:35 AM
Oh this is going to be so much fun!

Headshot

Hi there! My name is Lily Cho. I'm a bright young woman. I have been an aspiring model for such a long time that sometimes I lose hope in ever making it big. My family is traditional and doesn't approve of my dreams to be a model. My father wanted me to be a doctor or lawyer. And I just said "Forget that!" My friends all think I'm just the cutest little thing. My group likes to go out and shop, y'know, the typical girl things! My favorite color is pink! In case you never noticed.. People sometimes compliment me on my fashion sense, and I'm darn proud that they want to know where I get my clothes. I want to be admired someday, like all those other famous people out there. Anyways, if I had to describe myself, I would say I'm a little bit dramatic sometimes, childish, I have a great sense of humor, I'm pretty unlucky, and I would say I'm lastly a good cook! My favorite music is pop, and I looooovve sushi!

Here is a picture of me in my bedroom, just bein' a Barbie Girl.

Here is a picture of me, after my date ditched me and it started raining. Why does it always rain on me?

(Did you know the fog emitter can make rain!!)

Facebook! | Find more of my stuff at my blog! | Tumblr | Donate
Forum Resident
#82 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 5:39 AM
wth - since when did it make rain. And Trae I hate you lol now I shall look more like an amiture then ever lol. P.S why haven't you been in chat.

Forum Resident
#83 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 5:41 AM
Check this out!
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Fog_Emitter

IT CAN DO SNOW TOO.

And I'm on vacation at my mom's house. So I'm constantly on and off the computer. I'll try to be in chat more

Forum Resident
#84 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 5:48 AM Last edited by kaylarox : 20th Jun 2011 at 6:15 AM.
Oh my freaken god. I shall be here all day!

I bet your whipping up poses for this contest aren't you lol

The other one
Original Poster
#85 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 6:46 AM
Welcome aboard Traelia, I've just added you Thanks for that link, I knew about the fog emitter thanks to a thread I found here on MTS (I'm having search site issues atm) but having a softcopy, searchable version (non txt file) saved in my favourites means I can scrap the rainforrest worth of paper I used to print out the entire list a while back, lol.

Woohoo we have the minimum amount of contestants!...Now I just need to find us at least one more judge and we'll have ourselves a bonafide contest on the go!

Forum Resident
#86 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 7:00 AM
Haha Kay, actually no. All the poses I used were already made.
Also, this fog emitter is so much fun. Weeee!

Scholar
#87 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 7:07 AM
YAY!!! We have enough contestants! traelia, so nice see you here. This is going to be totally fun.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 8:37 AM
@missroxor : I live in Indonesia, Bali to be exact. but I'm a quarter Japanese how do u know?! I play sims 3 in my bro's notebook so it's very very crappy. once I increase the sims quality in pic the game crash in 30 minutes so I have to be quick to take pictures

@traelia : the girl u submit is in your new pose pack sneak peak right?! I'm stalking ur facebook

Lab Assistant
#89 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 12:35 PM Last edited by Cruzy : 23rd Jun 2011 at 10:01 AM.
Todd Smith Portfolio Entry
Final R1 Version

I'm Todd Smith. I want to be on the cover of magazines and I want to be walking down the catwalks in Milan - and it will happen. Determination drives me, it keeps me awake at night and when I do sleep I dream of success. You see, I used to live in fear but I realised that life wont wait for me, so I take each chance that I get and grab it with both hands. Some people call me cocky, I just say I'm passionate.

Everybody Hurts

Its true that everybody hurts, everybody feels the same pain at different times in different ways. It may be a solemn view but grief is the only hurt we are all assured. The black and white tones highlight the statement but I lie on the grave almost embracing or readying myself to the idea because I know its coming.

The Edge of Glory

The edge of glory sounds like an exciting, adventurous journey. But I see it as enlightening. My right hand is reaching out to something in the distance, its not close enough to touch yet but its there waiting for me somewhere in the stars. I clench my fist signifying power to reach whats infront of me.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 12:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
I think it’s the same as MTS rules as Kaylarox said but I’ll have a quick scan of the rules again and see if I see anything. Out of curiosity, why do you prefer .png? I use them if I need a transparent background to stick but otherwise I didn’t realise they were any better or worse than jpegs.

pngs give a better quality image imo, jpgs can be a bit pixelly

I've just noticed that can be larger in contest - it was on another contest thread I glanced at - I've changed my images to 700 wide, if that is too large let me know and I will change them

Loving the new entries great job

My pixels@SU

Forum Resident
#91 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 2:15 PM
Oh, I'm so entering this. In fact... I'll just go and make a sim right now.
Banned
#92 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 5:17 PM
@ lilyandsnuggles(2)

OMG I love your sim. When the contest is over can you put her up for download. She is such a cutie. I hope she wins!!!!
Banned
#93 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 5:30 PM
missroxor

In case you didn't get my PM I would love to be a judge.
The other one
Original Poster
#94 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ngluvjj
@missroxor : I live in Indonesia, Bali to be exact. but I'm a quarter Japanese how do u know?! I play sims 3 in my bro's notebook so it's very very crappy. once I increase the sims quality in pic the game crash in 30 minutes so I have to be quick to take pictures
Hah, I didn’t know I just knew that Japan was GMT+8....but then so are a lot of places so it was an almost lucky guess. I didn’t even know you could play sims on a notebook, my little crappy thing doesn’t even have a disc drive and struggles if you have more than 3 tabs open or try to use another programme like Word at the same time as the internet :/ I had to survive with that for 4 months while my big computer was broke...it wasn’t fun, lol.
Quote: Originally posted by nhayes17
pngs give a better quality image imo, jpgs can be a bit pixelly

I've just noticed that can be larger in contest - it was on another contest thread I glanced at - I've changed my images to 700 wide, if that is too large let me know and I will change them

Ah, I never really noticed the difference but then I never do when it comes to the minute details of image quality. My husband is always nagging me because he got an HD subscription and I only watch the normal channels because they’re easier to find and I can’t tell the difference no matter how many times he flicks between the two to prove how much more awesome HD supposedly is

Edit to add: the measurements and quote I got were off the contest forum rules but I have seen things in other contests that seem to contradict the rules and nobody gets n trouble (I'm sure I saw a TS2+TS3 combined one a while ago...or did I just imagine it? lol). Plus it did say that if the mods were unhappy about the size of any of the images they would just tell you to change it to a smaller one so I guess if you wanna go larger just have a smaller version handy (or be prepared to make one) just in case they collar you

Cruzy, welcome, I’m adding you now

Vanesse I’ve PMd you.

You know I was worrying about whether we’d get any more judges or if it’d just be me n wicked_poppies then I logged in today and I’ve had three requests to be a judge in just the last hour! Looks like this contest is official! Woohoo!!

Lab Assistant
#95 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 6:05 PM
@missroxor: my bro's notebook have a diskdrive (I'm now wondering, is this thing can be called notebook?) but the graphic is crappy anyway and I didn
t have any other choice

btw, can I add a few extra lines in my paragraph?

Forum Resident
#96 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 6:22 PM Last edited by laughingtoleave : 23rd Jun 2011 at 9:58 AM.
Headshot

Hi, I'm Antea Jones. I'm not sure what I'm doing here since I've never really been interested in modeling, but my girlfriend thought it would be a good idea to try something new. So here I am, introducing myself. I'm an aspiring architect currently working on my girl's dream home. I like video games and good food, but don't worry; I spend enough time exercising. My mother once told me I'll never get anywhere if I don't compromise here and there, but after I met Lydia, I learned that life is what you make it and if you make it all, you don't have to compromise. I learned to accept myself the way I am and now I'm set on pushing some boundaries. I enjoy good music, and by good I mean rockabilly. I've tried playing drums but I guess I don't have a single musical bone in me.

I will survive

I'm not sure why I chose this song, but I guess I like to think of myself as a survivor. I've been through a lot and I got out alive, so I not only like to think there's nothing I can't get past; I also need there to be nothing I can't get past. All the name calling and bullying just made me stronger and I'm ready to fight for my life.

If I were a boy

I'd marry my girl and start a family. We'd live happily ever after without restrictions. I'd hold her hand in public and we'd chose schools for our kids together. We'd be free. But for now, we'll have to settle on being free on our own.
The other one
Original Poster
#97 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ngluvjj
@missroxor: my bro's notebook have a diskdrive (I'm now wondering, is this thing can be called notebook?) but the graphic is crappy anyway and I didn
t have any other choice

btw, can I add a few extra lines in my paragraph?

Yes...it's just occured to me that I said 1-paragraph or no more than 10 lines but the same paragraph could have more or less lines depending on how big you stretch your page (there I go showing my tech savvy again ). I haven't seen any so far that look too long though.

Ngluvjj, When I minimise the page as far as I can until the text stops moving your paragraph only has 5 lines so you still have room to add more.

laughingtoleave, welcome. I'm adding you now

Lab Assistant
#98 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 6:43 PM
thanks, I have updated it now :D
It's nothing major, I added things because I've just started playing her in Barnacle Bay and I feel like adding her traits :p

Forum Resident
#99 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 6:50 PM
haha yeah ng, Lily is one of my newest models

Lab Assistant
#100 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 8:13 PM
I love this contest. Everyone is so good and creative! I never knew so much was possible with Sims.

Page 4 of 23