Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 10:36 PM
Couture

Catalog

I prefer Catalog. Why? Well, in Couture, I do not understand why there must be two of me. There is only one Damaris, and one is enough. Also, the lack of colour did not appeal to me, my eyes looked so out of place. In Catalog, I feel the drama of the composition. I felt empowered, the cold blue representing the cold power a woman holds, whilst the wine glass and silver swimsuit represented glamour and sexuality - I was a work of art, nothing less. Couture is too stiff, lacking emotion and passion, there is something awkward about it that I did not enjoy.

cherrycherrycherryboomboom.

Dreamwidth
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 10:58 PM
Ehm Question - how do you make the two pictures in one? I think I am too stupid for this :-(

Currently contestant in picturePERFECT; cycle three
Contest results so far:
3rd in Para Anoma and 3rd in Rising Star
Scholar
Original Poster
#53 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Freelala
Here I am with the questions again. ^_^ Should the makeover be included with Round 1 or in a separate post?

Either is fine.

Aba23 - You are not stupid! Do you have photoshop (or a similar program) or MS paint?
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 5:42 AM
Yes photoshop elements and GIMP - no MS paint

Contest results so far:
Field Researcher
#55 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 7:12 PM
Couture

Catalogue

"I have to say, whilst the heights of couture fashion made me feel as
glamorous as possible, I'd opt for catalogue nine times out of ten. It's so
more... um,... realistic, you know? I'd be more than happy to walk around
Riverblossom dressed in my catalogue outfit, but I think I'd get a few looks
turning up to the market in my couture clothes!"

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 8:49 PM Last edited by aba23 : 17th Apr 2010 at 7:34 PM.
Couture

Catalog

I am not sure whether I can make a clear choice. I actually liked both. The Couture shoot reminded me a bit on my childhood days when I played dress up with my Mom's wardrobe, just that this time the outfits did fit better!

The catalog shoot was pretty exciting and more challenging from a modeling view. We tried a few outfits and poses. We changed the themes and background settings from bubble gum screaming colors to plain and very simple, however the decision was made for the shoot with the natural/animal theme. I had fun doing this and can see myself wearing this shirt on street.

BONUS

As a model - that is what I learned already-you have to be very flexible and sometimes do things or wear things you would actually never want to. The agency told me we have make pictures for my portfolio so they played with my face and hair. I am not very happy with it but they told me - this picture is in my favor. I do not like that one side of my hair is longer then the other even if it seems to be 'in'! I always like my hair symmetric. This asymmetric haircut is driving me nuts. I always feel like shorten the longer side as well.

Contest results so far:
Scholar
Original Poster
#57 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 12:35 AM Last edited by DollyRot : 14th Apr 2010 at 10:56 AM.
Top Secret Researcher
#58 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 10:07 AM Last edited by minus. : 17th Apr 2010 at 10:37 AM.
Default Zara Hughes, round 1 + bonus task
Couture

Catalog

Looking at these two photos I can't help but laugh at how different they are. Sure, shooting catalog was fun, too, but couture is the one for me! Before the photoshoot the photographer asked me, "Do you like drama?" Of course I love drama, I have French blood running through my veins! In the end, we all had a blast, and I couldn't be happier about the result.

Look who's a redhead! I haven't ever gone this far for a photoshoot. We actually spent a whole day bleaching and dyeing my hair and I was bored to tears. I have mixed feelings about my new 'do. Sure, it's fierce and intense, but it hasn't grown on me yet. When I told the guys I didn't think it was worth it, they told me that it would only do me good in the future, but right now I'm tempted to cut it short and dye it black myself.

Don't you wanna fly so high above the clouds and trees,
Learn a thing from birds and bees ,
See the morning rise over the ocean up ahead?

tumblr|lastfm
Scholar
Original Poster
#59 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 10:59 AM
I am so impressed at all the round ones guys!
Test Subject
#60 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 8:19 PM
My scores for the application round are in. All the entries were really well done. And Round 1 already looks great, can't wait to see the rest!

Life is beautiful, but a beautiful life is hard to find.
Field Researcher
#61 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 11:24 PM
I'm sorry but I'm not sure how to use photoshop, so my Round one might look a bit strange....I hope it's okay.

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain
Scholar
Original Poster
#62 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 12:10 AM
^ It's okay Raindrops757, you aren't getting scored on photoshopping skills.
Field Researcher
#63 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 4:12 AM
Default Heather Lovaak Round 1
Couture

Cataloug

I think it finally hit me today that there is a huge difference between high fashion and commercial modelling. It seems to me like couture modelling is more like the 'traditional' kind of modelling, you take position, wear the garment, try to get across the right vibe and can only hope that you've pulled it off well. And I know it might be above me to say this but it felt very cold and a bit emotionless at times. Art is dead because it never got the chance to breathe. Or at least in my eyes.

Cataloug modelling suprised me entirely. I thought it would be just like couture, only less formal. But when it came down to it, it was just...incredible really. The colour purple was depicted as confusion. A mystery never to be solved. And when I got on to that set, something strange happened. I was losing myself in the colour. And in everything it represented. It brought back memories. Being lost, confused, upset, frightened. Not knowing where my next meal was coming from. In a way it was hard to re-live it all like that. But in another, it made me realise that I had found something that I was truly passionate about. Something that I really, really wanted. Badly. I have something now that I never had before.
A dream.

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 5:14 PM
damn I was too late :/
shame.

I want to go back to believing in Everything and knowing Nothing at all...
My DeviantArt... =]

Parasites in Paradise - The perfect world. Yeah, not so much.
Scholar
Original Poster
#65 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 1:50 AM
Sorry Jeniveve, maybe next time?
You are welcome to be an EJ though (:

Just an update for my lovely contestants, I have 2 sets of scores for the applications and have contacted my EJ. Round 2 will be posted later today, but you still have 2 more days to finish your round one.
I think it might be best to submit your bonus tasks with your rounds as well.
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 12:12 PM
^Should we edit our round 1s with the bonus task?

tumblr|lastfm
Scholar
Original Poster
#67 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 1:30 PM
^ yes, if it's not too much hassle
Top Secret Researcher
#68 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 1:47 PM
^Nope, it's fine :D
One more question. Does it have to be on white background or we can go wild?

tumblr|lastfm
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 7:14 PM
Edited my round one entry with the bonus task. Let me know if it needs changing or anything!
Test Subject
#70 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 8:37 PM
I'm sorry I can't judge. My computer is going through problems and I won't be able to be on for the next 2 weeks Sorry!

Nothing in the world is permanent, and we're foolish when we ask anything to last, but surely we're still more foolish not to take delight in it while we have it. If change is of the essence of existence one would have thought it only sensible to make it the premise of our philosophy
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 11:06 PM
Added my makeover pic.

"Passion makes no accommodation for self-preservation."
Scholar
Original Poster
#72 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by minus.
One more question. Does it have to be on white background or we can go wild?

Entirely up to yourself (:
Field Researcher
#73 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 1:24 AM
I know I'm a bit late, but i'll be an EJ if you still want one;
I've been lurking this thread sooo bad.
Top Secret Researcher
#74 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DollyRot
Entirely up to yourself (:

Thanks I added it to my round one.

tumblr|lastfm
Scholar
Original Poster
#75 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 10:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jj1010
I know I'm a bit late, but i'll be an EJ if you still want one;
I've been lurking this thread sooo bad.

Thankyou!

Page 3 of 8