Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 8:31 PM
Default Restructure or Rebuild
So I have this apartment lot that built and really loved. Unfortunately it became glitched with longer seasons and won't revert to a shorter season. I don't like to keep glitchy things in my game so I trashed the lot and rebuilt it from memory. Recently I discovered that I did still have a version of the original which I honestly liked a lot better. The rebuild while only slightly different was wrong. It was a townhouse lot with four buildings designed to look like single family homes, but rent as apartments. You'd be surprised at what it difference it makes when you make each house just one tile wider.

Anywho having played briefly on the original before realizing that it was hopelessly glitched, I don't want the replacement anymore, I want my old lot back. I tried extracting the original to see if I could just remove the hack and reinstall. No luck there wasn't a hack to install, somehow the lot is just stuck.

So I have two options. Build it again from scratch or restructure the poorly designed lot. If it was just a house moving everything over one tile would be pretty easy, but with an apartment lot each unit has to be moved over one tile in relation to the others,all the windows, light fixtures, doors, counters, bathrooms, etc....Seems like in the long run it may well be easier to just build it again from scratch. What do you guys think? Restructure or rebuild?

Check out my simblr https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tbssimblr

Click the link, you know you want to. ;)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 8:43 PM
I wonder if there would be a way to fix it with SimPE.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 1:42 AM
I once made an apartment lot that ended up being too big so I restructured, making it two tiles smaller on two sides. While it took a while, I was satisfied with the result.
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 2:22 AM
Assuming that the glitched lot can't be saved somehow (maybe ask in the help forum?)...Personally, I think it'd be easier to rebuild it from scratch. While it might be a little faster to restructure, I think doing all the moving everything by one tile would just be tedious enough to drive me insane. Plus, if you rebuild, you might find that you make other improvements that you might not have done just concentrating on moving everything. Ultimately it's personal preference, of course, but if I were in your shoes, I'd rebuild. It should go pretty quickly, especially if you take screen shots to work from and it wasn't too heavily decorated and all that.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Scholar
#5 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 4:55 AM
I've found when copying a lot from scratch, it helps to have an original copy either next to the new lot or on the opposite side of the street to the new lot. That way you can measure certain aspects such as how many tiles away from the edge the building begins and ends, how many tiles in a window should be etc. You can also get a visual idea of the exterior decorations at a quick glance. I prefer this to minimising my game every few seconds to look at a text document or image. Of course it only helps with the exterior, but if you're someone who plays full screen it saves quite a bit of time.and monotony.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 3:12 PM
Do you need to move the WHOLE lot over or just half of it? The LotAdjuster can move lots by one tile. But only full lots.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Do you need to move the WHOLE lot over or just half of it? The LotAdjuster can move lots by one tile. But only full lots.

its four single family units, side-by-side, designed to be apartments. adjusting the lot by one tile wouldn't be enough each unit needs to be adjusted as well. Unless the lot adjuster would also shrink each individual unit in relation to each other its no good.

I think I will probably just rebuild it from scratch. I think it will be more straight forward. Also thanks for the suggestion bubblebeam.

Check out my simblr https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tbssimblr

Click the link, you know you want to. ;)
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 7:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by A.G.Doren
its four single family units, side-by-side, designed to be apartments. adjusting the lot by one tile wouldn't be enough each unit needs to be adjusted as well. Unless the lot adjuster would also shrink each individual unit in relation to each other its no good.

I think I will probably just rebuild it from scratch. I think it will be more straight forward. Also thanks for the suggestion bubblebeam.

That's what I did - having to adjust each unit by two tiles. It took less time than I imagined. Good luck with your rebuild, though.