Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Time Travelling Major

by SuperFly Posted 1st Dec 2005 at 6:29 PM - Updated 3rd Oct 2006 at 8:28 PM by SuperFly : Minor update on skills

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Alchemist
#2 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 6:32 PM
LOL this is cute. Thanks! :D

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
#3 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 6:35 PM
cool nice work ty
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 6:38 PM
wow thats really cool. thanks! :clap:

|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|

Spacebats Online!
This is our band, were from england, in Lancashire, come and see us if you find a poster!
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 6:40 PM
all we need is a Working Delroian and a Doc Brown skin and we are all set, LOL
Instructor
#6 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 7:03 PM
Very cute. I like it! Thnx for this. :D
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 8:26 PM
Thanks!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 8:50 PM
Wow, it took my computer 1 sec to down that geniously invented major
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 12:17 AM
I'm there before I got up today !!! Thank You Superfly !!!

Raise you can of beer on high and seal your faith forever
Our best years have past us by - The Golden Age of Leather
#10 Old 4th Dec 2005 at 2:35 PM
I'm off to try it now!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 5th Dec 2005 at 4:22 PM
Such a fun idea! My sim is now a second semester freshman. Unfortuantely, things aren't exactly right. She has 100% of her skills, but the grade meter (I don't know what it is really called) isn't registering them all. It shows 3 portions (presumably corresponding to 3 skill levels). Only the first bubble is fillable.

As to the skill themselves, only 1 logic point is shown as a required skill. Just guessing (because I know absolutely nothing about the structure of any of this code), it may be looking for 3 skill levels, but you only assigned one. In any case, she will be my first college grad in recent memory who won't have a 4.0. Guess she will have to spend more time on dates and hanging out, since studying won't make a difference.

On a less important note, the descriptions of the classes is too long for my display and are truncated. Don't you just hate it when the world won't let you be cleverly verbose?
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Dec 2005 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluetexasbonnie
Such a fun idea! My sim is now a second semester freshman. Unfortuantely, things aren't exactly right. She has 100% of her skills, but the grade meter (I don't know what it is really called) isn't registering them all. It shows 3 portions (presumably corresponding to 3 skill levels). Only the first bubble is fillable.

As to the skill themselves, only 1 logic point is shown as a required skill. Just guessing (because I know absolutely nothing about the structure of any of this code), it may be looking for 3 skill levels, but you only assigned one. In any case, she will be my first college grad in recent memory who won't have a 4.0. Guess she will have to spend more time on dates and hanging out, since studying won't make a difference.

Let me have a look at the file, see what I can find.

On a less important note, the descriptions of the classes is too long for my display and are truncated. Don't you just hate it when the world won't let you be cleverly verbose

'Tis a constant source of annoyance my friend. Some nights I cry myself to sleep because of it

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 12:52 AM
More bad news. At the end of my junior year, just after she came home from the final and ready to begin her final year, my game crashed. I tried twice & it crashed in the same place each time. Guess she will just have to settle for everyday traveling in cool sports cars and leave the time traveling to the pros.

:hide: Shhh.... Don't tell anybody, but I am a download junkie. I haven't installed anything new in a couple of days and it has been months since I last had a crash. Still one never knows what evil lurks in the forgotten corners of the Sims Download folder.
Test Subject
#14 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 10:56 PM
What careers does it help with?
#15 Old 20th Dec 2005 at 3:40 AM
probably the Time Travelling career
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 11:27 PM
Thanks, can't wait to try it! :D

Whenever I start getting sad about where I am in my life, I think about the last words of my favourite uncle: "A truck!"
Test Subject
#17 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 6:17 PM
Cool thanks Superfly
#18 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 6:16 AM
thnx i just downloaded it... do you have to download the career for this to work? message me plz
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 26th Jan 2006 at 7:32 PM
sim2obsesser: you do not need the Time Travel Career for this major to work.
#20 Old 3rd Apr 2006 at 7:43 PM
but does it help the time traveler career?
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 8:50 PM
cool major!

Any requests, questions or queries just send them too [email protected]
Test Subject
#22 Old 20th May 2006 at 3:29 AM
More bad news. At the end of my junior year, just after she came home from the final and ready to begin her final year, my game crashed. I tried twice & it crashed in the same place each time. Guess she will just have to settle for everyday traveling in cool sports cars and leave the time traveling to the pros.

:hide: Shhh.... Don't tell anybody, but I am a download junkie. I haven't installed anything new in a couple of days and it has been months since I last had a crash. Still one never knows what evil lurks in the forgotten corners of the Sims Download folder.

Mine also crashed at the end of the junior year.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 5:11 AM

On a less important note, the descriptions of the classes is too long for my display and are truncated. Don't you just hate it when the world won't let you be cleverly verbose?

Has there been any progress on solving this problem? My Sims really do want this major to work!
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 9:48 PM
So do I -- I've got one Sim in there currently (just for freshman year, his real major is Drama) and I'd like to know that it works for any future Sims.

I've also noticed you apparently updated both this and the career on May 25th -- were the files changed? Should I redownload?

I Love My Doc Brown Sims
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 10:15 PM
FLChicago- I can't reproduce the problem in my game- can you test it for me and see what you come up with?

BTTFsimmer- the updates were to add keywords onto the threads- the major (or the career) hasn't been reuploaded.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Page 1 of 2