Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2005 at 3:45 PM Last edited by Delphy : 5th Dec 2005 at 3:50 PM.
Default MTS2 Update Newsletter
Hi, all.

As you all know, MTS2 is a dynamic, ever changing site with some great new content and features being implemented all the time.

We'd like to take this opportunity to highlight some of the changes made to the site that you might not have picked up on.

Firstly, the upload system. MTS2 prides itself on quality items available for download, and to help you, the creators, meet these guidelines we have implemented a feature called Conditional Approval.

What does this mean exactly? Well, let's say somebody creates a great lot, but leaves in lots of custom content, or doesn't credit properly. Normally, we would have to reject this, but with the new Conditional Approval system, we can leave the upload in the queue and let you edit and change as needed to meet the quality guidelines. This saves you getting a rejection PM, and then having to re-upload your items again, which can be a pain in busy times.

All uploads are now automatically added to your subscribed threads list - you can access this by looking at the User Control Panel.

When you see your subscribed threads list, it now shows the status of any uploads you have submitted.

Secondly, another feature you might find useful is the Quick Links. This allows you to set "bookmarks" within the MTS2 site to different areas, which appear as a second navbar under the existing one.

For example, let's say you always check the Site News, Anime Sims and the Wallpapers section. You can add all of these 3 to the Quick Links bar.

You can even link to other sites you go to as well.

We've also made small changes to the layout of the download pages, but these are fairly cosmetic.

We hope you enjoy the changes, and we are always open to new suggestions regarding the site - after all, it's for you. Please make new suggestions in the Site Issues forum.

Kind Regards,
MTS2 Staff
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Dec 2005 at 9:49 PM
Really cool
Test Subject
#3 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 11:15 AM
Asome quick links cool!

~RDSX667~ my site
Test Subject
#4 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 6:12 PM
thanks! These are some cool features I had overlooked!

Peace of the Mystery to You
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 6:13 PM
Yes, much of the work I do does tend to get overlooked... thats why these "Newsletters"

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 6:53 PM
Yay! I've got the first bug report!

When I do a search all of the search results say " Thread is currently in the moderation queue."
Scholar
#7 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 1:08 AM Last edited by 9b8ll : 7th Dec 2005 at 1:41 AM.
Not bad at all! But what happens if you don't know where you got the creators content from? Not to be dumb
Forum Resident
#8 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 2:21 PM
I'm amazed at the lengths you all go to, to make this site even better than before! Great work! Thanx for all that you do!

~ Syn

DO NOT RE-UPLOAD MY WORK TO THE EXCHANGE OR ANYWHERE ELSE. Please be courteous.

Many of my latest uploads are located HERE. Go check it out for some much more improved work.
Super Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#9 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 9b8ll
Not bad at all! But what happens if you don't know where you got the creators content from? Not to be dumb

If you dont know where the conetnt came from- you can show it in pictures but you cant include it on the upload
Instructor
#10 Old 10th Dec 2005 at 11:46 AM
Thanks for the mini tutorial! I for one certainly appreciate it!

* If you download my sets please note that I usually include a collection file. Please do not pm me that you can not find something from my sets if you have not yet installed the collection file. I do it for a reason. Thanks!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 17th Dec 2005 at 12:48 PM
Everything you did is fantastic, and thanks so much!

If you'd like to what else I've made, please click here and here.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 2:34 AM
Thank you very much for the info Delphy ~ your work is much appreciated.
Cult Leader
#13 Old 20th Dec 2005 at 1:07 AM
The quick links Idea sounds cool, I haven't edited that yet.I love the conditional approval idea! No more reuploading for the most minor mistake.....yay!!!!
Instructor
#14 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 3:43 PM
Conditional Approval is a GREAT idea! I know that a lot of people were anxious about getting their work approved, and it was such a pain to type all those links over again (I'd taken to saving all my descriptions, so I could just copy and paste). It's easy to make a mistake after you've been up all night creating.