Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Mesh: 'Body Mesh I' [UPDATED]

by whiteshadows Posted 16th Dec 2005 at 7:36 AM - Updated 11th Jan 2006 at 5:10 AM by whiteshadows : added updated mesh and texture

9 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Dec 2005 at 8:08 AM
to fix the blockiness, go to milkshape and select all groups, then choose 'weld together' in the vertex menu. it will be somewhat smoother, but the shoulders will still be a bit square. great mesh though!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th Dec 2005 at 8:12 AM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 16th Dec 2005 at 9:25 AM.
Quote:
There is an asthetic issue with this mesh. For some reason, when the mesh was imported/exported from milkshape, the arms and shoulders took on odd flat areas, despite the fact that I'd not edited those vertices. Because of this, in some positions there appears to be a seam on the arm and the shoulders look oddly squared off. If anyone knows how I can remedy this, I'd be glad to know.

This is a limitation of Milkshape that is, as far as I know, not currently correctable. Milkshape cannot correctly import the amount of bone assignments (I think this is correct... it's something to that effect, and I'd look it up, but I'm lazy) used in that area in a full body mesh, and therefore just drops the others, causing that weird squared-offedness (yes, that is the technical term... ). I believe I read a few mentions of some developers trying to create a better interface between Milkshape and the way the game puts models together to correct for this, but basically the answer to that boils down to: Use something other than Milkshape.

As for your mesh... I very much like the way you've made the fabric seem to hang away from the body a little. The way the fabric falls is very realistic. Nice job!
Instructor
#4 Old 16th Dec 2005 at 2:01 PM
im downloadig this now! i have all EPs and i downloaded your other meshes and they worked fine! i like those pants! nice job!

hi!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 16th Dec 2005 at 4:23 PM
Looks good. Thanks. LUV the shoes in the pic. : )
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Dec 2005 at 8:20 PM
This is fantastic! I've been loking for something like this for ages!! THANK YOU!
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 17th Dec 2005 at 4:19 AM
Very good job and I also love the way the shirt hangs away from the body!! You are doing fantastic. Thank you for creating this. I just can't wait to see what you come up with next, so far they arer great!
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Dec 2005 at 11:47 AM
lovely! Can you try to do it to teens. it would be very kind(:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Jan 2006 at 6:20 AM
I'll try to do it for teens, but it'll likely be awhile. This one was based on the bathing suit mesh, so there was quite a bit of editing involved. I don't know of any way to convert clothing between ages, but if anyone knows a way I'd be more than glad to try it.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 4th Jan 2006 at 8:36 PM
1 thing i dont like is th block arms i cant even make meshes but some 1 could tell ya how to fix it nice job over all tho

Im travis tremonti on tso no longer travis b and live in bf im gf of tremonti mafia : )