Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Anime Face Templates (Female)

by Posted 23rd Dec 2005 at 4:19 AM
Edit

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 4:39 AM
nice i'm gonna test it later
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 6:57 AM
looks pretty cool
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 9:45 AM
What a brilliant idea ! They look really good =)

Do I Extract It To The Downloads Folder, Or Elsewhere ?

Cheers

POTATO !!!!

Today i dropped a single tear into the ocean, just for you, the day you find that glowing tear will be they day i stop loving you !
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 11:42 AM
I agree with Joeyjojo : A great idea ! ^_^ When is the male face template going to be uploaded ? I just can't wait !

.: Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall :.
– Confucious
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 2:41 PM
Joeyjojo: Yes, just extract it to the downloads folder and it should automatically replace the second female thumbnail template. Also, don't forget to go delete the CASThumbnails.package file in the Sims2 folder under your documents/Sims2/Thumbnails. This will allow the thumbnails to show up correctly in CAS. ^_^

Iona-sama: I just need to find a very good male sim with a nice anime face and I can put it up as well. Better yet, if anyone has SimPE, it wouldnt be hard for them to do it, either! ^_^ I've included instructions that should make it go fast! If you've already got a sim with a nice face, then you're all set! 4 small steps later, and you've got yourself a template. Then just do it for the other 4 age groups.

This is the original files I used for the entire neighborhood. Give them a download if you want to have all the extracted files to work with. Just throw them in your download folder when you mod them, or replace the ones that are there. :D
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...77&page=2&pp=25
Test Subject
#7 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 3:00 PM
Hey astral,

I think it's great that you are trying this. I originally tried to encourage group participation on the original MATY thread to get people to join in an distribute the workload, but there wasn't enough consistent interest. Good luck with your anime effort.

I just thought I'd point something out in case you had overlooked it. The child and toddler head meshes you've created for this female template with also be used as the #2 child and toddler male faces as well. Did you test them in BodyShop using males? Part of the challenge I found was deciding what early age templates worked best for both sexes in a set family. Eventually I concluded that if you're only going to make single sets, it is more advantageous to do the male and female versions at the same time. That way the transitioning from child to teen of both sexes looks "correct". I found that the best way to accomplish this was that whatever adult face template you modded first, use it in BodyShop to flip to the opposite sex and make fine adjustments only to the adult, teen and elder versions. That way you have both sexes that will look similar at the child and toddler ages.

Again, good luck on your project!
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 5:28 PM
The face template on the top left in your screenshot looks a bit like Nicole Kidman. Otherwise, very nice templates.

"And I asked myself about the present: how wide it was, how deep it was, how much was mine to keep." Kurt Vonnegut Jr., Slaughterhouse-Five
Instructor
#9 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 8:00 PM
this is great!!
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 8:28 PM
they are cool thanks:D
Field Researcher
#11 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 9:58 PM
I'm probaply the only one on this website who can't stand Anime at all!

But this face looks too cute! It's a million times better than the maxis original one! Thank you!

learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Dec 2005 at 1:11 AM
Well... The fact is i cant stand perfect things xD
But mixing it with other templates gives GREAT result.
Thanx a lot.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 24th Dec 2005 at 1:59 AM
Here is an interesting trick I came up with. I accidently created this girl with a chubby face and thought she was absolutely adorable. So when I wanted to make her again I tried the random sim thing with the dice. Ok ok my point. I took the Asian template and put the cheeks and the lips to the extreem. Made her all blonde and cubby cheeked. Then I messed with the eyes so where the eye thing was all the way on both ends. Made big eyes thogh not quite anime like. But she sure was adorable. I will fix her up with non-customs and upload her to see what yall think.

Thanks for sharing cant wait to try this out! :D
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Dec 2005 at 3:45 AM
AllenABQ:

Yeah, I tried it with males. LOL! That's the one thing I forgot to mention in the top post that I knew I had forgot to say was the fact that the toddler and child were used both on male and female. I didn't overlook it, though. ^_^ I was biasing this face more toward the female gender anyway since most anime has feminine faces for guys and girls. Besides the lashes, it would work well for toddler boys, but the child version needs a bit of tweaking (mainly the size of the eyes). XD

Anyway, I really admired your effort to help make this happen, Allen. I just felt that you didn't get enough response to what an awesome new form of modding such as this deserved. If it wouldnt have been for your efforts, I doubt I would have went to the trouble of getting all those template faces to mod in the first place! When I saw your thread died and the amount of effort you put into the templates, I had to do something.

I felt that at least a small mod in this way might help spark some interest in people actually wanting to do it. Once I saw that there weren't many anime faces around on the net, I felt like this was the perfect opportunity to try to do something.

It's also nice to see people who normally don't like anime playing around with this! ^_^ I'm not a huge fan of it, but I do think the artwork and animation is amazing. I just hope this might spark some interest in face template modding! Feel free to edit these or create your own. Be sure to check out AllenABQ's modded face templates, it gave me my start, plus you can create your own! (Thanks to him, there's really only four steps involved for making a face mod!)
Test Subject
#15 Old 24th Dec 2005 at 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by astraldata
Joeyjojo: Yes, just extract it to the downloads folder and it should automatically replace the second female thumbnail template. Also, don't forget to go delete the CASThumbnails.package file in the Sims2 folder under your documents/Sims2/Thumbnails. This will allow the thumbnails to show up correctly in CAS. ^_^

Iona-sama: I just need to find a very good male sim with a nice anime face and I can put it up as well. Better yet, if anyone has SimPE, it wouldnt be hard for them to do it, either! ^_^ I've included instructions that should make it go fast! If you've already got a sim with a nice face, then you're all set! 4 small steps later, and you've got yourself a template. Then just do it for the other 4 age groups.

This is the original files I used for the entire neighborhood. Give them a download if you want to have all the extracted files to work with. Just throw them in your download folder when you mod them, or replace the ones that are there. :D
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...77&page=2&pp=25

Thanks a lot, i really like these, so i didn't want to miss out !

POTATO !!!!

Today i dropped a single tear into the ocean, just for you, the day you find that glowing tear will be they day i stop loving you !
Test Subject
#16 Old 4th Jan 2006 at 4:29 PM
Hi,
Really nice work! I wish I could make things like these!
Thank you
Original Poster
#17 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 1:39 PM
Sweet! Thanks for the template. I've been wanting anime faces.
Scholar
#18 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 7:29 AM
Very nice~~~ thanks

I'm A WHIZ KID.
Wanna see me whiz?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 2:56 AM
This looks very promising. Thanks!
Test Subject
#20 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 7:56 AM
Wait, so this replaces Face 2? Huh, well, I like the idea, but since I love face two, I won't be downloading it- though if you could make it replace one of the other faces (not face 1, 2, or the elf face, which I use a lot as well), then I might.

Great concept, at least.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 4:51 AM
It should replace some face nobody really uses.

Pics aren't showing up for me.

ENTJ
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 5:52 PM
It doesn't start downloading to me... What's happening?