Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Aspiration Collection Part 7 - the last one! - GRILLED CHEESE!

by Nysha Posted 28th Dec 2005 at 2:30 PM - Updated 20th May 2010 at 11:11 PM by whiterider

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 3:38 PM
Wow, at last! My Sims can study for their true vocations in life.... Thankyou!
Test Subject
#3 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 3:43 PM
Grilled Cheese Rules! Rock On!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(") (")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into
your signature to help him gain world domination.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 4:07 PM
I seem to be a little confused, is this and the others you listed that are already done Uni majors or careers? if they are careers i'll try em out, but if they are majors i'm not to sure about adding majors to my game yet...don't really understand them yet.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 4:28 PM
They're majors, all by me, just like this one.
Custom majors aren't hard to understand. You put them in your downlods folder, and you'll need FrikaC's "Majors Made Easier" havk installed - you can find by putting "Majors Made Easier" into the search tool at the top of the page. Then you use FrikaC's hacked picture to set your YA sim's major, and they can study any majors you've downloaded - including this one!

simsample - your sims' vocations need Grilled cheese studies???

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 4:33 PM
C'mon, what else is there in life that compares to grilled cheese? A major in such a subject can set a Sim up for any career....
(Wow, I really need to get out more..... *blubbers*)
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 4:41 PM
LMAO! Thanks!
*Downloads*
Field Researcher
#8 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
...and you'll need FrikaC's "Majors Made Easier" havk installed...

Okie dokie, I found this before I seen that you posted this reply and have come back and downloaded your major as well as the others you created. I am so totally looking forward to using them. I just didn't understand the SimPE and xml stuff and didn't want to spend time figuring it out.

I almost fainted when I hijacked a nanny's mind and sent her into the Orb thingy and she came out with a Grilled Cheese Aspiration. By the time I finally stopped laughing the nanny had already completed her shift and left so haven't got to explore the aspiration any further yet.

p.s. i forgot to mention that I was always wondering what everyone was talking about with the grilled cheese stuff and now i see, lmao.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 6:01 PM
If you stick your Sims' head in the orb and they're under gold aspiration they can turn grilled cheese - I only did it once, so I could grab the icon for this major, and it's fun...!

Field Researcher
#10 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
If you stick your Sims' head in the orb and they're under gold aspiration they can turn grilled cheese...

she must have been under gold then, lol
Field Researcher
#11 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 11:03 PM
Oh.

My.

GAWD!!!!!

It's real! It's done! It's...it's...

GRILLED CHEESE!!!!

is it can be sims tiem now plees?
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Dec 2005 at 7:07 PM
Hi There,
I saw you are looking for some translation, so here it Goes (brasilian Portuguese)
Hope you can use it. If you want me to try all your majors, just PM me, ok?

Here it Goes:
note! "Queijo quente" is a brasilian version of Grilled Cheese sandwich. The perfect translation for Grilled Cheese is "Queijo Grelhado", but we don´t have this kind of sandwich ´round here....

Description:
Queijo Quente... Hummmmmmm.... Queijo.....

Classes (Matérias)
Freshman (calouros):
Como fazer básico 1: Pão e queijo
Como fazer básico 2: Tostando

Sophomore (2º ano):
Interações com o queijo 1: falando sobre Queijo Quente
Interações com o queijo 2: Tópicos avançados sobre Queijo Quente

Junior (3º ano):
Consumo de Queijo 1: Comendo um Queijo Quente
Consumo de Queijo 2: Devorando um Queijo Quente

Senior (Veterano):
Mestre do Queijo 1: Deixando um gostinho de queijo na boca
Mestre do Queijo 2: Fazendo um Queijo Quente perfeito
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Dec 2005 at 7:46 PM
Yum! Grilled Cheese!Im Hungry Now!> ^_^ thx!
Test Subject
#14 Old 30th Dec 2005 at 9:36 AM
i can't get any of your majors to work because the 'majors made easier' and the custom majors in the game at the same time cause my game to lock up after the first student arrives at the dorm.

i mentioned this on the 'majors made easier' page but no response.

i only have your other 6 aspiration majors you made and the 'majors made easier' in my game and nothing else and so i know that those 7 files are the culprit. if i take out the majors and leave the 'majors made easier' file in, it does not lock up.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 4:17 PM
That's odd, zombhunt. I have these majors in my game and the 'Majors Made Easier' object and my game works fine. It's really puzzling why it won't work in yours. I do hope a solution is found for you.

Life isn't about the breaths we take, it's about the moments that take our breaths away...
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 9:36 PM
I had that when I first bought university, but you haven't gpt any other hacks installed?
Try putting my majors back one at a time until you find out which one is causing the problem, I'll try to fix it.
(I may not be around for a bit, if you get impatient just PM me and I'll re-awaken - I get too many "Blahblah has replied to your subscribed thread blahblah" emails now to read them)

Forum Resident
#17 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 9:41 PM
Mmmmmmm........cheese........thank you!
Test Subject
#18 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 9:49 PM
i did try the majors each 1 at a time and they work fine as long as there is no other 1 in there with it. It seems that as long as there is more than 1 custom major and 'majors made easier' it locks up. Since that happens, there is no way to determine wich file is causing the problem.

No these are the only custom files in the downloads folder, all other folders are empty of custom files, i am running a fresh install.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 1st Jan 2006 at 1:52 PM
Hm I'm not sure what could be causing that then. Usually I'd say a conflicting hack but as you don't have any...
Have you tried downloading someone else's major(s), if you could do that and tell me if you get the same problem that would be helpful. If you don't then it's something to do with my majors, if you do then it's something to do with your game/computer.
By the way, do you have Nightlife installed?

Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 9:46 AM
Yes i have nightlife installed. I have tried other majors with the same result.

I sat here last night with all 7 of your asperation majors and the majors made easier in there and thats all and it did its lockup thing, so i decided to wait and see if it would un freeze and it did after about 12 minutes or so lol. Only problem is, now all your majors have now taken over all the default majors lol.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 5:16 PM
That should be impossible! All custom majors are designed to NOT replace anything else, that's why I put the GUID number and "No overwriting" in all my (download) posts, so I've no idea why you've had yours overwritten. Did you edit my majors in SimPE at all? (I don't mind if you did, but that could explain the problem).

You say you've tried with other peoples' majors, did they replace the maxis ones too?

Test Subject
#22 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 7:00 PM
it´s quite ....perfect:-)
Test Subject
#23 Old 5th Jan 2006 at 9:39 AM
Nope i never edited them in SimPE, i never downloaded that tool, it seemed to complicated for me lol. All i did was download and put the files in the downloads folder, no editing anything. When i tried the other majors it never would unlock so i have no idea if they took over the default ones or not. For now i have just removed all the custom majors and "majors made easier" and sticking with the defaults.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 6:19 PM
Hello
Here is the French version for Grilled Cheese major

Description:
Fromage fondu... mmmmmh... du fromage...

Classes (Cours)
Freshman (1e année)
Les bases 1 : Du pain et du fromage
Les bases 2 : Faire griller le pain

Sophmore (2e année)
Interactions fromagesques 1 : Parler du fromage fondu
Interactions fromagesques 2 : Discussions philosophiques sur le fromage

Junior (3e année)
Consommation de fromage 1 : Comment manger un sandwich au fromage fondu
Consommation de fromage 2 : Comment savourer un sandwich au fromage fondu

Senior (4e année)
Maîtrise en fromage 1 : Garder un bon goût de fromage dans la bouche
Maîtrise en fromage 2: Préparer le sandwich au fromage fondu parfait

There it is... enjoy ! Like rbrentan, I can help you again.

Good ideas !
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 5:51 AM
Default cheeseeeeeeeeeeeee!
weird... why the hell did u do grilled cheese?it is weird whi did u do it it is funny but weird :gonemad: :gonemad: :gonemad: :gonemad: :dmille: :gonemad:
look at my peoples...>\/
\/ <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
:smash:
:gonemad:

LOL! :werd: :werd: :cranky:
Page 1 of 2