Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 1626 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 3:37 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Delete all Characters
I want to use the delete all characters in my custom neighbor but Iím not sure it will do what I want it to do, and I'm hoping you guys will have the answers.

1. Who does it delete? Old characters, or just townies and NPC's?

2. If I use it will I lose all of my friends? Or does know characters not get deleted?

3. Will my deceased Sims files be removed? I've had a ton of generations and a lot of kids so I have a ton of character files I donít need.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
staff: moderator
#2 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 9:35 PM
1. All characters. User-made sims, townies, NPCs, everyone. (Townies and NPCs will be regenerated as needed, so your neighbourhood will remain fully functional)

2. See above -- all sims will be deleted, friends or not. If by "I" you mean a sim you made, that will be gone too.

3. I haven't looked into this, but I would assume that inactive characters get deleted as well. I think you can check this by looking at the characters folder under windows (it should be empty) ... however I'm not sure where exactly those files are stored, maybe somebody else will know more.

Hope this helps.
Object(ive) Investigator
staff: retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 10:18 PM Last edited by jaxad0127 : 25th Jan 2006 at 10:23 PM.
Character files aren't removed by the game until the dead sim's headstone has been deleted. Or you use that command.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Jan 2006 at 6:31 PM
Wow so everyone will be gone. Would that include families on lots? I guess I could back up my nighboor and see what happens.Thanks again for the taking the time to help me.
Object(ive) Investigator
staff: retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Jan 2006 at 7:16 PM
YOu could put the families you want to save into the lot bin. That way they won't be removed when you use that command.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.

Section jump