Original, University, Nightlife, Open for Business
Please ensure the sims 2 nightlife disk is in drive and try again.. message
I cannot get the drive to read that theres a disk in there well the sims 2 disk the other ones work and the sims 2 nl worked fine last night but all day iv'e been getting the message Please ensure the sims 2 nightlife disk is in the drive click ok and restart the application..
PLEAAAAAAAASEEEEE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP
Right-click on My Computer and click properties. Click on the Hardware tab and then the Device Manager button. Find your cd drive, right click on it and click properties. Click the Dirver tab and then Update Driver.... Follow the onscreen instructions from there.
Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
If all else fails trry this it may help or it may not.
try this, we've posted it before and it has helped others. You have an nvidia, just maybe it will help. It worked for us. This was on another site for another of maxis's games that has the same safedisc thing. Also for XP users, such as us.
Windows® 2000 users:
There is a known incompatibility with Macrovision™'s SafeDisc® (the copy protection mechanism Call of Duty™ employs) and motherboards with the nForce™2 chipset under Windows® 2000. To remedy the situation, do the following:
1) Locate the "My Computer" icon on your computer and right-click it.
2) Choose the "Manage" option.
3) Once the Computer Management program launches, select "Device Manager."
4) In the Device Manager, double-click "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers."
5) Right-click on "nVidia nForce 2(TM) SPP/IGP ATA Controller" and select "Properties."
6) Click on the "Secondary Channel" tab. If the Select Transfer Mode is set to "BIOS Default," click on the pull-down menu and select "PIO Mode."
7) Close all open windows and restart your machine when prompted