Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Weedco Server Racks

by weedie Posted 29th Jan 2006 at 10:09 AM - Updated 28th Jan 2009 at 3:06 PM by -Maylin-

63 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 59 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Instructor
#2 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 10:17 AM
Looks great!!! I'm downloading now to test!!!
#3 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 10:19 AM
coool thank you!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 10:27 AM
Sweet. I need 1 of these
Test Subject
#5 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 10:44 AM
Default good
Looks great, just downloaded the set file: there are also 3 .bak files in that, you might want to repost it getting rid of those baks :-)
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 10:50 AM
nice, this looks pretty cool
Field Researcher
#7 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 10:50 AM
OMG LOOKS SO GOOD. I will donload them NOW NOW NOW. They are kinda bit hacked aswell cos of the options. can u get computers on cummunity?

Come have a look at my downloads HERE for Sims 4 downloads.

Feel free to visit my website to check out my list of creations, to get in touch (for a request), or to donate. HERE

(Or here for sims 2 or here for sims 3 downloads.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 11:11 AM
Yes, they work on community lots too.

We decided to leave the "options" in on the racks just for the heck of it and to give our sims something to play with, rather than just have an static image for appearances.

This is my first object but in the future I want to work on the interaction of the objects with the sims to come up with better animations and options.

As for the comment regarding the .bak files, I didn't realize they were unnecessary so just to be safe I included them. I'll upload sets without the .bak's after i take a nap.

From all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most
Instructor
#9 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 11:19 AM
That's so cool!Downloading now...Thank you so much!

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 12:44 PM
Cool beans, man! Thank you!

I'm happy because there's a Sim of Sandrine Holt for The Sims 2.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 1:50 PM
Very ingenious. I'll look forward to more fun with these if you can come up with other ways for the sims to interact with these.

Sims 2
The only reason Windows is on my PC.
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 2:24 PM
Hey cool, can u make one with theese options

'Turn On', 'Turn Off' and 'backup files' when it is on?

if not, don't worry, it's still really cool!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 2:58 PM Last edited by weedie : 29th Jan 2006 at 3:01 PM. Reason: Typos
That's exactly what we're working on. We have different ideas for each object, including things such as "Optimize Database" for the Data Servers which would act as a Logic Training method, etc.

Right now we're working on figuring out how to move the animation points as they currently "walk into" the server racks during the animation.

There's a lot more we want to do with these objects, but after finally getting these initial test pieces to work, we were too excited about it to not share them

Expect Recolors, More animations and More variety from these objects as we continue to explore our way through the entire object creation process. My boyfriend (who's idea this was initially) is really bugging me to add in a rack with different sized servers he wants to label web and mail servers, etc.

Thank you all for the kind replies :D

Test Subject
#14 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 3:44 PM
nice
dude this is cool, its perfect for stories and secret agent people! Great job :insane:
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 6:03 PM
OOHHH!! Sexy Servers! My little geek heart is going pitter-pat

As far as the options, having a constant "fiddle with" and "repair" option on a gaming server seems realistic to me :P

I am simply a mass hallucination that a majority of the population chooses to believe in.
Instructor
#16 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 7:25 PM
Wow! The stuff that keeps getting made for this game, never ceases to amaze me! Thank you!
Test Subject
#17 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 8:34 PM
Great, just what I was missing!
Test Subject
#18 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 9:17 PM
I'm very excited to check this out! Thanks so much for posting this!!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 9:58 PM
Where did you get the black computer recolours?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 9:59 PM
This is really cool, from one tech freak to another, thanks so much!

"I don't read the script. The script reads me."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JucIEJ1991
Where did you get the black computer recolours?

Black computer in the screenie is the hacked PC from this thread MTS2. I thought it looked good with all the servers :P

Test Subject
#22 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 1:23 AM
Super creative! I will use these for sure. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 2:59 AM
These servers totally rock!!!! Now my gaming Simmie can have a room full of servers!

Thank you!
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 3:07 AM
hey cool! the gaming servers look kinda like Alienware servers. just the thing i need to make a computer shop!

PGT

Quote:
C.A.I is coming soon!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 4:29 AM
That kicks so much azz, right on! Good job with the texturizing and all. *downloads*
Page 1 of 3