Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Investment Career

by Shakadoo Posted 3rd Feb 2006 at 6:28 PM - Updated 1st Mar 2006 at 1:12 AM by Shakadoo : Bug fix

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 6:55 PM
Sounds great, thank you! It will be fun to try it out.

A lil' question - this is the first time I've seen things separated - do we put them all in our career folder?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ashen
this is the first time I've seen things separated - do we put them all in our career folder?

The first file (career...zip) is the package; it's the only one you need, and it goes in the download folder. The other files are .pdf files and are informational only.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 10:00 PM
AH lovely, thank you very much, am off to try it out!
Instructor
#5 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 10:19 PM
This is great! I was tired of making all my sims take the business career. Now we have some variety! :D
Field Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 10:27 PM
This is great!! Thanks. I love careers!!

Check out my site: SIMple Realty
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#7 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 10:47 PM
This is getting a 5 star rating from me Nice going!

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 8:46 AM
Can I ask you something, please? This career doesn't work if you have the game in different language that is not english?

I am the Chooser of the Slain
----------------------------------------------------------
We are beautiful shieldmaidens on winged horses, armed with helmets and spears.. We fly over the battlefield choosing corpses and carry them off to Valhöll where they became Einherjar...
Instructor
#10 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 11:46 AM
Sounds great. Am looking forward to trying this out. Thank you!

*** If you can't brighten them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit ***

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Test Subject
#11 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 12:22 PM
First off, I love the job, its nice to have a constant daytime mon-friday job even though the wages are real bad in the begining, but all the more reason to level it up right?

Anyways, I'm up to fund manager I think its called, and my ride is no longer showing up to pick me up. First day I was thinking I just missed my ride, but a second day in a row it was a no show. Is this a mod bug or a game bug if you know.
Test Subject
#12 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 12:43 PM
Hi, love this career and have downloaded. xx
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Valkyrja
Can I ask you something, please? This career doesn't work if you have the game in different language that is not english?

All of the text is in English only. Unfortunately, I do not speak any other languages well enough to be able to translate. Other people will need to do the translations.

--Shakadoo
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 2:10 PM
Quote:
Anyways, I'm up to fund manager I think its called, and my ride is no longer showing up to pick me up. First day I was thinking I just missed my ride, but a second day in a row it was a no show. Is this a mod bug or a game bug if you know.

Yes, that is, indeed, a big ol' bug :sorry: . I've fixed it but want to verify a few more things before I send out the correction. Hopefully later today, time permitting, but maybe not for another day or two.

--Shakadoo
Instructor
#15 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 4:27 PM
I can't wait to test it,sounds great.Thank you!

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Test Subject
#16 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 5:49 PM
I tested this career yesterday and every single SIM that I have created was deleted. All of the housing and properties were still there but no people. When I tried to create new people it would not let them move. They were frozen but I could click on things that I wanted them to do. I deleted the download today and now everything is working fine. I still don't have all of my old SIMS back but atleast it works again. You might want to check into it. I would advise not to download this until it has been checked.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by liquidskys
I tested this career yesterday and every single SIM that I have created was deleted. All of the housing and properties were still there but no people. When I tried to create new people it would not let them move. They were frozen but I could click on things that I wanted them to do. I deleted the download today and now everything is working fine. I still don't have all of my old SIMS back but atleast it works again. You might want to check into it. I would advise not to download this until it has been checked.

I saw something similar when I loaded somebody else's career. It wasn't as bad as you described, but my sims had trouble interacting with objects. Also, some actions in their queues (such as "Move to" or "Go to work") had the "Mop water" icon instead. I deleted "groups.cache" from the user directory (My documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/) and this corrected it.

I will, of course, look into it, but not knowing what caused it makes it difficult to duplicate, and until I can do so, there's no way for me to be sure I have corrected it. I'll see what I can do.

--Shakadoo
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ReiperX
Anyways, I'm up to fund manager I think its called, and my ride is no longer showing up to pick me up.... Is this a mod bug or a game bug if you know.

Fixed in version 1.01.00 of the investment career. Still have no clue on liquidsky's problem, but nobody else has mentioned anything similar.

--Shakadoo
Test Subject
#19 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 2:12 AM
Thanks for fixing the car problem Shaka, just got the EPs installing them now and will download your newer version and see how that goes. Great job so far =)
Inventor
#20 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 12:45 PM
Thanks for sharing this very nice carrer mod.
Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 4:55 PM
sounds good! Say, are you in in the stockmarket and shares business yourself?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tim_Jones
Say, are you in in the stockmarket and shares business yourself?

No, but my wife is in economic development, so she gave me some hints.

--Shakadoo
Test Subject
#23 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 10:11 PM
Default I've been looking for this!
Fantastic! I am a trader/investor by profession and have been wanting to have this option. Thanks! I'm looking forward to trying this.
Test Subject
#24 Old 13th Feb 2006 at 10:19 AM
works great in game. thanks a lot!

...somebody's doing a great job. I'm just glad its not me. I couldn't handle the pressure.
#25 Old 14th Feb 2006 at 1:28 AM
this sounds great works just great thanks i have always wishe dfor somthing like this! thanks!
Page 1 of 2