Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Car dealership Audi, Porsche and Volvo

by smithycpl Posted 6th Apr 2006 at 2:23 AM - Updated 21st Jun 2006 at 11:15 PM by smithycpl : added link

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
#2 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 6:25 PM
This looks really well done and the screens are very impressive!
Instructor
#3 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 6:35 PM
wow this loooks fantastic cant wait to download and play thankyou very much

If You Want To See Any More Of My Downloads Visit My WebSite
demiseverlastingsims2.com
Field Researcher
#4 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 6:40 PM
Thanks a lot! It's very beautifully!
xx Anne
Test Subject
#5 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 6:44 PM
nice lot! thanks for sharing!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 8:40 PM
you welcome all, and thanks for the nice comments.

Im off to my next project i have some idee's on new roofs but dunno if they will work out i'm planning to build another part for my sunday market you can find here and some new starter houses.

Cheers!

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
Field Researcher
#7 Old 7th Apr 2006 at 12:33 PM
nice one
Field Researcher
#8 Old 7th Apr 2006 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smithycpl
To have them in the dealership, use your buying catalogue, and select whole sale, then you can buy cars, place them annywhere on the floor by using the "Moveobjects on" cheat. Leave at least one tile around the car, otherwise they wont buy it, but it works great, remember to turn the moveobjects-cheat back off.

Does that mean you don't need the car platform from the game for the cars to be saleable and long as you use the cheat to place them?
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Apr 2006 at 2:50 PM
This is a great lot but i haven't managed to place the cars. They dont appear selectable.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 3:41 AM Last edited by smithycpl : 9th Apr 2006 at 3:49 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by raynuss
Does that mean you don't need the car platform from the game for the cars to be saleable and long as you use the cheat to place them?

yes, the carplatform uses much space, but you dont need it with the "moveobjects on" cheat you place the cars on your driveway, and from there on where you want and afterwards you can price them, just look if there is a tile of space al around the car otherwise the custommers wont buy the car.

BTW selling cars makes you rich pretty fast

Cheers!

Mark Twain
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sra.pimentinha
This is a great lot but i haven't managed to place the cars. They dont appear selectable.

Don't try the "buying catalogue" but use the "whole sale catalogue" normaly you would have to plave the cars on a carplatform but when you use the "moveobjects on" cheat you can place them on your driveway and from there on you can place them anywhere

Mark Twain
Test Subject
#12 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 7:11 AM
Okay Im gonna show you how thick I am, which one's the wholesale catalogue. As I cant get the cars on there, other than that its very impressive. Angie
Test Subject
#13 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 7:29 AM
Think I'm gonna need a 1 by one stage of how to get cars on there, got up really early this morning trying to figure out how to do it. When Im on residential plot its fine but I just cant get one on on the community plot.
Test Subject
#14 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 5:05 PM
Default Great idea!
This is the first car dealership I've seen! Great idea! It looks realistic, a great community lot. My only comment is that customarily you see Audi, Porsche and Volkswagen together at a dealership, not Volvo. The only reason I make that comment is that I am a VW fan and I just had to speak up for my favorite cars! But otherwise, I love it!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 7:31 PM Last edited by smithycpl : 3rd Oct 2007 at 5:35 AM. Reason: removed link
Quote: Originally posted by poodle
Think I'm gonna need a 1 by one stage of how to get cars on there, got up really early this morning trying to figure out how to do it. When Im on residential plot its fine but I just cant get one on on the community plot.Think I'm gonna need a 1 by one stage of how to get cars on there, got up really early this morning trying to figure out how to do it. When Im on residential plot its fine but I just cant get one on on the community plot.

Here it is believe me it works once you know it you say darn that was easy.

1) Buy with a sim the communitylot
2) Go with your sim to the communitylot
3)press ctrl+shift+C to bring up the cheat box
4)type in the cheatbox "moveobjects on" and press enter
5)in the upper right corner klick on the pricetag button
6)and finaly klick on the the lock left from the cassier
Now you are able to sellect the cars.

Quote: Originally posted by catkenny
This is the first car dealership I've seen! Great idea! It looks realistic, a great community lot. My only comment is that customarily you see Audi, Porsche and Volkswagen together at a dealership, not Volvo. The only reason I make that comment is that I am a VW fan and I just had to speak up for my favorite cars! But otherwise, I love it!

Yes i know about this in my country it is : Audi, VW, Porsche, Scoda and Seat that are packed under one group - But i couldn't find other VW's besides the beetle (bad attempt from VW to recreate the best selling car ever) and i liked that volvo, it looks so real, but feel free to change the garage get all the neon letters from Atavera and look for some nice cars i use this now as a template i make only one dealership per carbrand.

Cheers!

Mark Twain
Test Subject
#16 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 10:20 AM
Oh thank you so much for getting back to me, cant believe you got me a step by step guide, gonna try it now, hikes i forgot about the grid in the top right hand corner, told ya i was a plonker. Angie
Test Subject
#17 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 11:25 AM
OMG I've done it, its brillent my favourite by far, thank you so much. This site is fantastic. Well done you guys. Angie
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 13th Apr 2006 at 7:59 PM
This site is fantastic.

:agree:

Oh thank you so much for getting back to me

your welcome.

Mark Twain
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 9:52 AM
WOW OH WOW OH WOW! It's great! I NEED MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!! *bleurgh!*
Forum Resident
#20 Old 26th Jun 2006 at 10:41 PM
You are so freakin' good at making lots, hon! Keep up the work----------- see u around~

Life is random - expect the unexpected!
Sims 3 Creations
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 6:46 PM
Thanks alot mate... looks great :D
Scholar
#22 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 1:16 AM
Very Well Done Car DealerShip! ThankYou Smithy!

Hello, I'm Tiya Marie :)
I Hope You Dance!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 3:44 PM
very good
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 14th Dec 2023 at 10:54 AM
This is awesome !!! Love it ;-) Thanks