Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The sims Jukebox *updated*

by Maximum_spider Posted 8th May 2006 at 4:08 PM - Updated 20th Feb 2009 at 4:53 PM by -Maylin-

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th May 2006 at 4:13 PM
That is AWESOME! This should be a featured object, it's fantastic. Thanks for the memories.

The maker of all things punk.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th May 2006 at 4:22 PM
SUPER! This is a very good idea, and this is exellent for my Beach House community lot! Thank you!

"Long live FREEDOM, where I come from, place that I call HOME!"(Ignite - A Place Called Home)
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th May 2006 at 4:28 PM
WOW! This rocks the house!!!! So amazing and I also miss many Sims1 objects! Thanks for bringing back memeories!
Inventor
#5 Old 8th May 2006 at 5:01 PM
You did a superb job on it!

Thank you very much!

Visit my site: www.simkot.com
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th May 2006 at 5:04 PM
oh!! I love it!!
thnXx for sharing
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 8th May 2006 at 5:13 PM
Well I'm not downloading it but I must say it looks dead on.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th May 2006 at 5:13 PM
hey here is one disco muzic from the sims house party (NOT high Quality) Just if u want ur sims to dance on on the old disco music
http://uploadfile.putfile.com/videos/12712044452.mp3
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 8th May 2006 at 7:41 PM
WOW!!! Oh memories!!!! :banana:

This message is sponsored by DIET COKE. Drink up!!!
Air Guitar: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=97977

If you like my creation(s) please use the thanks button and if you want to post a comment!
Forum Resident
#10 Old 8th May 2006 at 7:42 PM
Yay! I do miss the stuff the my sims1! Thanks!!

I...will never be a memory.
Scholar
#11 Old 8th May 2006 at 8:11 PM
Superlative! I like it
Scholar
#12 Old 8th May 2006 at 9:39 PM
AWESOME, thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 8th May 2006 at 9:40 PM
What a wonderfull idea YeZ I remember when they dance crazy Boogie in front off it.. love it thanks
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 8th May 2006 at 10:01 PM
Could you make it so that either a) it doesn't have the visual effects for the speakers (the circles) or b) there's just one circle coming from the speaker area in the middle?

Other than that, it is PERFECT!

"We don't quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Feel free to PM me with any lot requests. I've mostly done house trailers in the past.
Alchemist
#15 Old 9th May 2006 at 8:27 AM
Uhh, baby YES YES YES.
Thank you, I missed it, even if the NL jukebox is beautiful, this one is better, mainly for all sims memories that come out together with music. Kiss you.
Instructor
#16 Old 9th May 2006 at 1:16 PM
Thankyou.
Instructor
#17 Old 9th May 2006 at 1:22 PM
I love sims 1 for sims 2!That Jukebox is fab,thank you so much!

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 9th May 2006 at 11:57 PM Last edited by Mouse : 10th May 2006 at 7:20 PM.
This is great! Now all I need is Sims1 music! But the link I have for it appears to be dead. Anybody know where I can upload Sims1 music? It used to to be on this site. I just searched and nothing is coming up. PM me if you know. Thanks! SORRY! Edit: I meant Download! Sorry.

The Possibilities are Endless

-----------------------
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 10th May 2006 at 3:08 AM
Do you have the Sims 1? Is there some way to convert it from there?

"We don't quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Feel free to PM me with any lot requests. I've mostly done house trailers in the past.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th May 2006 at 6:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dadditude
Do you have the Sims 1? Is there some way to convert it from there?

yes I have sims1 but it might be difficult because u have to find a Mesh that looks like the object in the sims1 that u want to create for the sims2 (so it's extremely difficult)
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#21 Old 10th May 2006 at 6:12 AM
Sims 1 objects did not have meshes. But the number of polys in this mesh is still, like wow, way way way high. Maybe you need to keep asking for help in learning how to reduce them, because I'm _sure_ the object doesn't need _that many_.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#22 Old 10th May 2006 at 6:43 AM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 10th May 2006 at 6:50 AM.
This mesh is about 13,958 polys for a single-tile object, which is EXTREMELY high-poly. I took a look at the mesh in SimPE and Milkshape and from what I can see, there are quite a few places polys could be reduced and the mesh would still look very jukebox-like.

1. The parts on either side, up into the arch and along the front corners (the blue and green parts) can be reduced quite a bit: they'll still look plenty smooth with less than half the current polys.
2. The entire silver front grille is currently 3d and doesn't need to be - creating that area as a flat piece and applying the exact same grille pattern could be done using alphas and texturing with very little change in its in-game appearance. I don't see anything on the front detailing that couldn't be done with a couple simple primitives and a good texture; you don't need each button individually modeled, nor any of those metal appliances, as all of that will look pretty much the same modeled or as a texture, as far as game-experience goes.
3. The parts inside the jukebox itself, behind the glass could also be further reduced.
4. Hidden polys, like from underneath the model, from the area behind the glass that will never be visible in the game, etc., can all be removed.
5. You've got "Maximum_Spider" actually written out in 3d in a script-like font across the front in two different places. If you'd like your name on it, you can easily do that in a texture and it'll look pretty much the same, but, um, adding an extra 784 polys (when the fuzzy limit for a single tile object is around 800-1000) not once but twice is just silly.

I think if you split the model into several parts and look at each one individually and see exactly where you *need* detail and reducing the other parts accordingly, you'll be able to get a much cleaner result. I do hope you take the time to clean it up a little... I know the nostalgia for Sims 1 runs deep here, and learning to properly reduce a model is a great learning experience for a 3d modeler. I'm sure, with a little effort you could get this down in the 2000 range (it can be a -little- higher than other objects, as it's very decorative and would probably only be used once on any lot) and it'd still look very nice; if you require assistance in doing so, you're certainly at the right site for help.

Also, erm, if you use models that you did not create yourself, you must give credit and links to the original creator.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 10th May 2006 at 6:56 AM
ok thanx HystericalParoxysm 4 checking it i'll C what I can DO
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 10th May 2006 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Maximum_spider
yes I have sims1 but it might be difficult because u have to find a Mesh that looks like the object in the sims1 that u want to create for the sims2 (so it's extremely difficult)

No, I meant convert the Sims 1 music...

Test Subject
#25 Old 11th May 2006 at 2:22 AM
I really like the orginal sims jukebox and really like your work...good job! Do you think you could make a gnome table like in the origninal sims and sims online?... I miss making gnomes! Please send reply...thanks!
Page 1 of 2