Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

King and Queen towers from Atlanta

by smithycpl Posted 16th May 2006 at 2:54 AM - Updated 17th May 2006 at 2:04 PM by smithycpl

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts
Scholar
#2 Old 16th May 2006 at 11:08 AM
wow, it's big, lol
great work

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th May 2006 at 1:18 PM
*stares up building* ".........wow"
HOLY **** (are we allowed to swear on this site?), THAT'S HUGE

5 stars and a thanx for you!

"Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies..."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th May 2006 at 2:04 PM
Thanks you guys, after building almost every possible building i had to make at least 1 skyscraper.
Building it was not so though but then i still had to place all those windows.
Omg, it took me more than 2 hours , i officialy hate this window now.
And don't ask me how much windows there are, because i lost my appetite to count somewhere at 120 and that was still in the first hour.
I don't know if it's true but after looking at most of the buildings here, i think this is the tallest building at the moment on this site (12 story's - high).

Slyshark:
They always do this **** when you say words like **** and **** and **** and also ********, so no swearing here god*******!!! :D

Cheers!
Enjoy the view in your neighberhood,
smithycpl

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 16th May 2006 at 8:03 PM
WOW! I LOVE it, it took you ALOT of time but it looks amazing!

It's just around the corner
Warm Spirit<<<My Business Web Site
I do Self Sim Faces, therefore I am.

INTRODUCING: VISUAL SIMS , a work in progress.
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th May 2006 at 8:18 PM
Wow! great! I live in Atlanta. It is amazing work.
Test Subject
#7 Old 16th May 2006 at 11:19 PM
Thank you so much, I wish I could reply earlier
This is way better then I expected when i first requested so thank you very much!

Great job!
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 17th May 2006 at 3:07 AM
Great job! I would never have the patience to place so many windows lol Looks like the real thing though ! Well done!

You will find my older and newest creations here
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th May 2006 at 5:14 AM
Thank you all, i also love the responses from the Atlantans, i can imagine it must be weird to have it now in your game.
And i must say they are amazingly beautifull towers, nice skyline you guys have over there.
A question for Atlantans; where does that name for your city come from?
Whenn i was a child (6 years) i always named it Atlantis, but i know it doesn't have anything to do with Plato. Is it founded Dutch like New York?

Dunno if some1 allready notice it but when a sim just walks by at that lot they seem to look up towards the top of that tower while passing by, it makes it kind of realistic in the game. All we need now is a lightpole and a nice new animation with a sim bumping his head on that pole while looking up :D
smithycpl

Mark Twain
Scholar
#10 Old 17th May 2006 at 12:12 PM
This is an impressive buiding and a great job.I am downloading it and can't wait to see it in the game and in the neighborhood screen.Thanks for sharing it with us.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th May 2006 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cute_british_chick
Atlanta got its name after the former Governor's, Wilson Lumpkin, daughter. Her middle name was Atalanta after a goddess. The city was named for her. Its name wasn't always Atlanta. It used to be called "Terminus" and "Marthasville." There you go and the towers look great in my game.

Thanks for the info, she must have been realy important then!
Or else, spooiled to dead by daddy.
"Daddy can i have your city?"; "Here you go sweetpie" :D

smithycpl

Mark Twain
Test Subject
#12 Old 18th May 2006 at 3:03 PM
Plz can u make a zip.?It looks really cool
Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd May 2006 at 12:36 PM
wow that is a truly amazing building! You should be really proud of yourself - i know i would never have had the patience to do that!!
5 stars and a thanks for you
Test Subject
#14 Old 7th Jun 2006 at 10:58 PM
WHOA, thats a really nice building! I cant install it because I dont have University, but it still looks really cool and realistic!
Test Subject
#15 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 2:26 AM
Wow. Great work! I drive by them every day going to work. Those towers look really cool at night. I saw this and had to take a look! LOL.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 5:36 AM
Amazing job,
very impressive and stunning work.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 4:36 PM
Whoa, that's a really cool building. I downloaded it and used it in my sims movie, "Presidential Vampire." You can see your building in the movie here: http://video.google.ca/videoplay?do...594777&hl=en-CA Thank you for the cool building!
Test Subject
#18 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 6:41 PM
how did you bild this wonder its nice and lovely
Instructor
#19 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 7:54 PM
Great job, I should know, I only live two blocks from it (on every other weekend w/my dad)
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 2:58 PM
That is very impressive and looks like the real thing (you can see both off them from a long way off on a clear day).

Her name was Martha Atalanta, so it was called Marthasville for a while. I think Terminus refers to the fact that it was (and still is) a vital transportation hub (railroads back then).
Field Researcher
#21 Old 2nd Oct 2007 at 8:04 PM
sleek and just goddam great.

More Power !!!
Scholar
#22 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 1:05 AM
Awesome Towers! They Will Look Wonderful in My City! ThankYou! Smithy!

Hello, I'm Tiya Marie :)
I Hope You Dance!
Alchemist
#23 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 9:50 AM
This is just fantastic my family live in Atlanta and it just makes me want to go and see them!! Wish I could afford an 11 hour plane ride! Great job!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Test Subject
#24 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 9:50 AM
Whoo Hoo! Thank you so much! I drove by these tonight on my way home. I've always loved these buildings. The "crowns" are lit up with green lighting now for St. Pat's and Spring. They change them with the season. This tradition started with October and breast cancer awareness month a few years back. They light up pink then and are red and green for Christmas. I applaud your brilliant work and think you've done an outstanding job on the reproduction. I was born here in 1970 and didn't even know the history of the name. It took a cute British chick to educate this Southerner, lol! Thanks again!!!