Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tak. A Polynesian Pagoda.

by en7en Posted 18th May 2006 at 7:46 AM - Updated 22nd May 2006 at 5:43 PM by en7en

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th May 2006 at 8:46 AM
Wow.... this is incredible. Congratulations, this is HUGE!!!

ON WEDNESDAYS, WE WEAR PINK
Field Researcher
#3 Old 18th May 2006 at 8:49 AM
;o omg it soo pretty thanks so muhc this should be featured
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th May 2006 at 9:07 AM
Wow, reminds me of the Minangkabou! (sp?) houses of Indonesia. Nice work, if I had even half the talent you do I would be so happy!

"Those who mind don't matter; and those that matter don't mind" - Dr Suess
Instructor
#5 Old 18th May 2006 at 11:53 AM
I love it. Thank you for great job.

My projects: Vorkosigan Saga (comming soon) Maria Evgenija Veronica Guild Wars posters
537665746F736C61762052756D656E6F76205361766F76
One Sim to rule them all, One Sim to find them,One Sim to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Alchemist
#6 Old 18th May 2006 at 12:25 PM
There's a reason for defining you "the pagoda guy".
This pagoda seems to be simpler then other your buildings, but very very nice, thank you.
Simpler? I have to correct myself, simpler for you not for me....
And congrats for the featured lot.
Test Subject
#7 Old 18th May 2006 at 12:29 PM
That's amazing! Great work!
Instructor
#8 Old 18th May 2006 at 1:30 PM
Wow!This is awesome!Thank you so much

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 18th May 2006 at 2:18 PM
Ok I know this wasn't the intention... but I'm sooo using this lot for my Tiki Lounge!
Its awesome!

TSR Featured Artist
Monster Party Sims2... ITS ALIVE! :D

You may recolor my object meshes here on MTS2, but do not redistribute the meshes.
Link people here to MTS2 to get them. Objects can only be available in lots submitted to MTS2.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 18th May 2006 at 3:07 PM
As usual top quality stuff, congrats on the featured lot (it always feels good when its featured) well done again

I read all the comments you leave, even if they are made a year later, thank you all:)

Any lot building requests are considered, just pm me:)
Instructor
#11 Old 18th May 2006 at 3:31 PM
jgwhiteus made "visible ceiling tiles" that should solve your problem with the transparent underside of floor tiles.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=42789

I hope this helps!
Lovely building by the way!

Not buying TS4 until Terrain Sculpting is back and cheatless Split Levels are added!
Here's an idea: Stairs Pitch Slider.
"...We've always been at war with EAstasia."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th May 2006 at 3:39 PM
Anshin,

Indeed. I found out about the visible tiles only after I'd already built Tak. I will probably use them in future projects.

Thanks for the heads-up!

en7en - "that pagoda guy..."
Field Researcher
#13 Old 18th May 2006 at 4:39 PM
Very ingenious. The truss walls are a very clever solution to make the ceiling visible. A beautiful piece of work.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 18th May 2006 at 4:43 PM
Impressive...Heh!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 18th May 2006 at 6:13 PM
Your work has always inspried me to try to be better architect. This is just another example of great work.
By the way, I have memorized your great tutorial and ways wondering if there is an advanced version. I have a pagoda in mind, there is just one issue: It's on a foundation. Please tell me how to work around this. Or if its a trade secret, will U take a request?
Banned
#16 Old 18th May 2006 at 7:37 PM
Uua. Spectacular the house, I liked this exactly deserves my congratulations and five stars
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#17 Old 18th May 2006 at 7:47 PM
Oh Poodle- Its FABULOUS <3

For all of my creations and more free downloads please visit Exnem Sims
Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Come join our Banner Contest Today!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th May 2006 at 7:55 PM
Silus: The beauty of the scaffolding method is that you can build a foundation, surround it with a wall-based scaffolding, and work the same way as in the tutorial. Try it out. It's real easy.

Lee: Thank you, my little poodle-dove. It means a lot coming from you.

Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#19 Old 18th May 2006 at 8:07 PM
In patent en7en style, your skill with the architecture is always such a visual treat. Clever use of the low walls, by the way.
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th May 2006 at 8:10 PM
WOW!! It's fantastic! Thanks for sharing it!
Scholar
#21 Old 19th May 2006 at 5:52 AM
Great, as always ! Thanks. I wonder why your Ultimate Architecture Tutorial isn't available in a dowloadable version (e.g. pdf) here at MTS2 ? It would be nice.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 19th May 2006 at 1:10 PM
Holy... Incredible building. Almost makes me want to drop new Heroes and play Sims. And it's big, believe me - nothing can stand between me and that game.

"...And if wishes were horses, we'd be knee-deep in crap."
-- Dr. Robert Romano, /'ER'/
Test Subject
#23 Old 19th May 2006 at 6:17 PM
I love it, great work as usual. Thank you for sharing. Peggy
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 19th May 2006 at 6:37 PM
Pix: Don't spill the beans! I'm actually working on a PDF version. The next part of the Shozen III release will be the more usable tutorial, AND the tutorial's finished lot itself. Watch for it in a week or two...

Vindi: Thanks! I'm glad you appreciate this use of low walls. I've got some upcoming pagodas that get even more creative with low walls, and the mixed use of both Maxis and bCFE roofs... There's still so much to explore!

Joanne, Peggy, Ragdoll: You're welcome! I aim to please!

The ModFather
retired moderator
#25 Old 20th May 2006 at 2:35 AM
en7en, every time I see a building by you, I think that you are playing a special version of the Sims You use building techniques that I never imagined would be possible...

As for the transparent ceiling problem, you said you already found a solution; I don't know which one you are referring to, but this thread by Niol is extremely interesting...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Page 1 of 2