Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

fully functionable fireplaces WITHOUT CHIMNEY

by mia86 Posted 5th Jun 2006 at 3:06 AM - Updated 27th Oct 2008 at 2:26 PM by -Maylin-

58 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 52 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 4:12 AM
Bravo Mia!
Im always trying to create secret passage ways -don't ask me why!

This will be great!
I can make a 'fake' chimney place where the trap door stairs can go!!! meep! thanks!

Myshuno!!!

Awesome word: Risorial (rye-sor'-ee-al) adj. pertaining to laughter; causing laughter; risible (rizz'-ibb-ul).
Field Researcher
#3 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 4:15 AM
Finally!!! I hate the chimney!!! It's so ugly! Thanx!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 4:21 AM
Very functionable and useful, always have trouble placing fireplaces and usually i just avoid them.The chimney never seems to fit right, either because of the color or the location. lol Thank you!

You will find my older and newest creations here
Forum Resident
#5 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 4:50 AM
Thank you!! Now houses won't have to be planned around fireplace chimneys.

Julie =)

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." - 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 5:41 AM
Thank you! I hated the big and ugly chimneys!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 6:04 AM
I LOVE YOU.

Thanks so much!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 8:51 AM
thanks, this is great I hate the chimneys the wall always break away.
Instructor
#9 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 10:00 AM
wow thanks i've been looking for a chimney free fireplace for months.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 10:08 AM
This is wonderful.

Out of curiosity though, do you know if the "forever burn fireplace" hack works with these too?

I can try testing it in my game, but my current houses have no fireplaces (for the reasons mentioned).

I am simply a mass hallucination that a majority of the population chooses to believe in.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 11:24 AM
Thank you sooo much. I HATED those chimneys! I had the same problem when I tried to build Hogwarts
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#12 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 11:33 AM
Quote:
For some reason you should not move the fireplaces after you first placed them. If you do so, the chimney will be there again. I have no idea why this is so, but if someone does, please tell me!

Look in the OBJf resources - Experiment with deleting the BHAV number in the Link Objects field (in all OBJfs). If that doesn't do it, also clear out the Wall Adjacency Changed setting. I haven't tried this myself but those are what I would try first if I was hitting this problem.
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 11:37 AM
Thank you for sharing this. I hate the brick chimneys, probably because we never build anything like that in this part of the world.

Of all the things I've lost over the years, it's my mind I miss most.
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 1:05 PM
One of the things I liked doing in Sims1 was to have two sided fireplaces, in Sim2 I had to place them back to back taking a wee bit too much room.

This was exactly what I needed. Thanks. I cannot wait to try it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 1:39 PM
First off: I'm glad you all like it!
Quote: Originally posted by valasia
Out of curiosity though, do you know if the "forever burn fireplace" hack works with these too?

I don't have this hack and I cant find it. Would you please give me a link, I'll test it then
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Look in the OBJf resources - Experiment with deleting the BHAV number in the Link Objects field (in all OBJfs). If that doesn't do it, also clear out the Wall Adjacency Changed setting. I haven't tried this myself but those are what I would try first if I was hitting this problem.

Thanks, It's great to listen to an expert! I'll try that and update if it works :mag:

you can still pm me with requests and stuff...only i'm not very often logged in at the moment...
busy with real life, try later again ;)
Instructor
#16 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 2:42 PM
This is great for electric fireplaces!
Thanks!

Not buying TS4 until Terrain Sculpting is back and cheatless Split Levels are added!
Here's an idea: Stairs Pitch Slider.
"...We've always been at war with EAstasia."
Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mia86
I don't have this hack and I cant find it. Would you please give me a link, I'll test it then
:

The hack is Carrigon's at Sims2Workshop. Here's the thread: http://www.sims2workshop.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=115
Handiest hack ever btw. Never have to relight your fireplaces or worry about them setting anything or anyone on fire.

I would imagine it probably works fine but I'm not going to boot up my game right now to check since it takes my almost 40 minutes to get into a lot (yet I can't stop downloading! Somebody make me stop! :p).
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 5:24 AM
Quote:
Most people would consider this useless

Are you kidding? There are a dozen reasons for this! Here's one I don't think anybody mentioned - CORNER FIREPLACE! (impossible with a chimney.) I've been wanting this for a long time. I have a friend who's building Hogwarts too and she can probably identify with your reasoning as well.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 9:19 AM
Nice! Now I can actually heat my sim-Queen's castle without having to worry about the chimneys messing up the look Thanks!

"Are you mad?"
"Possibly."
Instructor
#20 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 5:35 PM
What a great idea, thanks for sharing with us.

*** If you can't brighten them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit ***

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones

I tried, thanks for the tip, but it wont work. Its only getting worse - the chimney will appear anyway, Then when moving it again the fireplace disconnects, the chimney stays were it is and cannot be deleted. On top of that the original fireplace will have the same problems and the same name in design mode.
Well ... I think I dont know enough about these things and will better leave it the way it is, but thanks anyway :salute:
Quote: Originally posted by grindline33
The hack is Carrigon's at Sims2Workshop. Here's the thread: http://www.sims2workshop.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=115

Thanks, but i dont feel like registering to another sims site today, ill only find more and more downloads till it takes me 40 minutes to get into a lot, too :insane:
(dont know how you managed THAT, i thought I have a long loading time with my 10 minutes. Maybe you should delete all unnecessary neighborhoods? But I bet you already did)
Concerning the hack: I'm pretty sure it will work, though I'd be grateful if someone else tested it for me.
Quote: Originally posted by pearlbh
Are you kidding? There are a dozen reasons for this! Here's one I don't think anybody mentioned - CORNER FIREPLACE!

Yeah i know but didnt want to bore you with such a long list Great idea with the corner fireplace though.
btw you could use this to do fireplaces without having to edit the text file, just change the location to buy mode - of course this would kinda disorganize your downloads and we dont want that, do we

UhOh loong post - bye mia :dunce:

you can still pm me with requests and stuff...only i'm not very often logged in at the moment...
busy with real life, try later again ;)
Test Subject
#22 Old 7th Jun 2006 at 12:15 AM
the idea is great.

one problem I have is that christianlov's allinone NPC can be set up to light all the fireplaces, but doesn't seem to want to light any which don't have a chimney (lights all the regular fireplaces OK
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 7th Jun 2006 at 4:19 AM
thankyou thankyou thankyou! :D

So long and thanks for all the fish!
Test Subject
#24 Old 7th Jun 2006 at 9:14 AM
Oh my Bob, THANK YOU!! The chimmeny has been on my nerves since the very beginning but I nearly fainted when i opened SimPE and glanced at a tutorial >.>
Forum Resident
#25 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 12:32 AM
Thanks! This is one of thoes things I didn't realize I needed untill I saw it! This will be very usefull.

Visit my web site:Fanciful Sims
Royal Kingdom Challenge:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ajz
Live your medieval dream
Page 1 of 3