Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Advertising career - update

by beckah Posted 11th Jun 2006 at 8:38 PM - Updated 12th Jun 2006 at 1:06 PM by beckah

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
#2 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 8:44 PM
Could you post the career levels?
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 8:46 PM
I'm posting this career up again with the GUID sorted, as I can't really have other people's work being overwritten. If you update your original post and replace your file with this one, I would be most grateful
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Advertisingbybeccy.zip (31.0 KB, 209 downloads)

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 11:54 PM
Cheeky! Haha.

This should be good, thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 1:00 PM
thanks superfly but how can i change the guids for myself, i promise i have actually tried to find out but i'm not that great at technical stuff. thanks
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 1:42 PM
sorri, iamcloud, lol. i just wanted to see if i could actually do it, i love your career too. Where can u get custom guids from and do u change it using simpe? x
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 10:20 PM
Register with SimPE at SimPE's Website and it gives you a GUID range to use. Then, when creating custom objects/careers, click the get GUID button and log-in and it will change it for you.

There are a limited number of GUIDs, so if you register one and decide not to continue with the project, use the GUID for another project

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.

98% of all humans are actually crocodiles in disguise. If you're one of the 2% who aren't, copy and paste this into your signature.

New Google Toolbar with Spell Check: Google Toolbar
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Jun 2006 at 9:46 AM
thnks for everyone's help =D. i've got some more careers i can finish now yey.
Test Subject
#9 Old 14th Jun 2006 at 6:17 PM
Does it have Maxis work outfitts or custom one?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Jun 2006 at 4:05 PM
maxis. just the suits and then normal clothes.
Test Subject
#11 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 8:30 PM
how do i install it?
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 11:53 AM
putting it in the download-section should be enough - it worked fine with the other careers i downloaded already
Test Subject
#13 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 8:14 AM
I just wanted to check and see if the pay on the first level was really supposed to be Zero?? Or is it intended to give a promotion quickly?
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 5:49 AM
Quick question
I have a question. I just want to make sure. Lets say if the game has (not sure of exact number) 20 different carreers when game is installed. Then I install this custom career. Will I then have 21 different careers for my Sims to work in, or does one become unavailable? I ask this because custom Majors for University would cause a default major to become unavailable as long as the custom was installed. Even though they said none would be replaced. Thanks for the reply, whoever supplies one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Jun 2006 at 6:35 PM
nah, its an original so it wont overwrite anything, and es the pay is ment to be zero on the first level, cause you're only creating hype, you're not employed by anybody yet and it's pretty simple to get a promotion. x
Test Subject
#16 Old 30th Jun 2006 at 4:10 PM
Ah ok... not the job for a single parent on their first day is it??

Thanks for responding!!
Test Subject
#17 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 8:46 PM
Is it just me, or is the icon for this career the Disney icon? Just want to make sure...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 3:55 PM
i know, sorry about that, i used imacloud's Disney career as a template and i didnt know how to change it at the time. it doesnt make any difference, just a bit odd! x
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 9:38 PM
Superfly didnt teach me anything, too!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 6:50 AM
This is great for my Mad Men sims! Thank you!

I don't just want to be good...I want to be God's
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 5:59 PM
Thank You
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#22 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 9:30 PM
Thank you.