Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No School for Teens. Updated 07/07/2006

by Bobcatben Posted 13th Jun 2006 at 4:06 PM - Updated 21st Oct 2006 at 9:53 PM by Bobcatben : Updated compatibility info.

64 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 57 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 4:30 PM
very good work

Please comment on my stuff:)
Test Subject
#3 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 4:41 PM
Nice job here, but unlike you I like to get them out of my hair sometimes! lol
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 4:51 PM
Thank you so much, I've been waiting for something like this for a long time.
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 5:10 PM
I like this. Now my teens can have Summer Vacation =]
Instructor
#6 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 5:17 PM
YAY! Finally my teens can stay all the day at home ^.^ thanks!

Visit Sims 2 World sometimes if you like.
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 5:17 PM
I like the idea... But, does the school bus still appear and they are called to school and you must cancel it? Or does the school bus stop coming to pich them up... I like the fact that they are not punished but I still like them to go school.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 5:22 PM
This is nice for people who play there teens like adults. Just a word of warning though for InTeenimater users, it will conflict.

um... yeah...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moonluck9
This is nice for people who play there teens like adults. Just a word of warning though for InTeenimater users, it will conflict.

It will technically conflict, but as long as its loaded after itll be fine, inteen does close to this same thing by default, this just makes them not goto school period while teens, insted of after a certain point, it has no ill effects on inteen.

Quote: Originally posted by missXmerryXdeath
I like the idea... But, does the school bus still appear and they are called to school and you must cancel it? Or does the school bus stop coming to pich them up... I like the fact that they are not punished but I still like them to go school.

the bus will come if theres other sims in the house that have to go, Ie children, but teens wont even think of going, and if there aren't any children the bus wont even show up.
Test Subject
#10 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 5:37 PM
Wow, great idea! :D
Out of curiosty, do you know if the teens can still drive to school? I like getting them outta my way every once in a while XP
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 5:40 PM Last edited by Bobcatben : 13th Jun 2006 at 5:46 PM.
they should be able to both drive to school and be taken to school, as those interactions use a different school check.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 8:07 PM
How do you insure that this hack loads after Inteen? Is there a special way to make it do so, or do you put it in and pray it loads after?
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 8:15 PM
THANKS it was exactly what I needed for my movie. Now I can make my teens stay home and continue my movie! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 8:16 PM
with xp it loads everything alphabetically, subfolders too, so I is before N so as long as its in the same folder as inteen it will load after
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 8:17 PM
I have family fun and it works for me. Though I do like them to be gone sometimes...now I can make them really rich though! Got more time.

Check out my uploads here!
Feel free to email, PM, or IM me!
Test Subject
#16 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 9:32 PM
Good hack, but one question probed here. How does one teen get the Scholar Award for college (the A-ranged grade subscription) with this hack intact?

Currently Listening to: Teahouse of the Spirits: The Panic Channel
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 10:26 PM
go to school manualy with a car and get good grades?
Test Subject
#18 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 11:32 PM
Muchas Gracias
Test Subject
#19 Old 14th Jun 2006 at 3:01 AM
I tested in a family with kids (no teens) and the bus didn't show up. I have family fun stuff
Test Subject
#20 Old 14th Jun 2006 at 3:04 AM
Thank you for this, I often like some of my teens to be able to stay home.

And just to reiterate, it works normaly, as far as I can tell, with Inteen. I have both installed and nothing odd or strange happened.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 14th Jun 2006 at 3:52 AM
oh nuts, i just realized i uploaded the wrong version, before i realized how it all worked so its using the wrong bhav and preventing the bus from comeing at all. i put in the right file now so please redownload.
Test Subject
#22 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 12:32 PM Last edited by taliakai : 23rd Jun 2006 at 11:04 AM. Reason: typo
Thanks!
OMG! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! thats like my biggest problom because my teens are in a bad mood and then they will not do homework and get bad grades in school and get taken away so this is AMAZING!!!! :D
Test Subject
#23 Old 1st Jul 2006 at 10:26 AM
omg thanks! Now I won't have to go through the "I'm not in the mood for that right now!" whenever I ask teens to do homework. No more school! Yay!
Instructor
#24 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 2:14 AM
This is awesome. But does it apply the no going to school for all teens by default, or can I choose which ones I don't want to go to school anymore?
Test Subject
#25 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 3:14 AM
Nice! BTW, can u make this type of mod for the children?
Page 1 of 3