Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Simsky - Durable Food mod

by Dave Luv Posted 18th Jun 2006 at 10:31 PM - Updated 6th Sep 2008 at 5:15 PM by Dave Luv : This item works in all versions of the game - including Apartment Life :)

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 10:34 PM
Wow, thank you! I will try this out in my game as soon as possible :D
Field Researcher
#3 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 10:49 PM
Ohhh!!!! This is soooo cool!! Thanx!
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 10:52 PM
thanks someone else has already done one like this but does this also stop buffet food from going bad
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Celestra
thanks someone else has already done one like this but does this also stop buffet food from going bad

I expect there already are similar hacks out, because it is very easy to create them (this one took me about 10 minutes to create, while testing took 2 hours ).

This global hack modifies behavior of all foods which are based on the Food global routines. I tested it with pizza, pancakes and about 10 other foods (I haven't played the game for months, so I didn't know there was a buffet, aheeem ;o). If the buffet item uses the same global routines, this hack will work for it too. If it is not the case just let me know and I would enhance this mod soon - midnight here, so I am back online tomorrow
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 1:31 AM Last edited by AllieGirl : 19th Jun 2006 at 1:47 AM.
This is awesome; I hate having to throw out so much food. Thanks for this!

Supermodels Are People Too!

We <3 Victoria's Secret Models. Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Ana Beatriz Barros, and Izabel Goulart Rock.

Jasmine <3's David Beckham and the England Team! Go England!

Allie & Jasmine <3 Cristiano Ronaldo & The Portugal Team! Go Portugal!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 8:17 AM
thanx great game mod
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 11:05 AM
I really appreciated your homesites as well. They had a lot of usefucl hacks. Thank you

Im worth your attention
Test Subject
#9 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 2:35 PM
cheers for this, it bugs me when the food goes off cause my sims live different time slots and feel like they are just making food all the time xx

Sim Making Crazy
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 2:41 PM
great

5 stars from germany

bigyipsi
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#11 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 5:16 PM
Can you make the food just to spoil much slower?

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ailias

This could be made easily by a global hack, too - by just adjusting constants determining the time before the spoil activates, without skipping the spoil core.

If more players are interested, I could create such mod too (I would only need dumps of some global functions from those newer EPs I don't have for better testing)
Test Subject
#13 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 7:56 AM
This is great.
Test Subject
#14 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 8:15 AM Last edited by Faris : 20th Jun 2006 at 4:28 PM.
Who wants a spoiled food ?
When I want my sims to eat, I just make sure to gather them
To eat before the food gets realy spoiled, this is how I prevent
Food from spoiling.
What about remain?
I clean up the dishes!!!
But Thank you anyway for good working...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 10:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Faris
Who wants a spoiled food ?
When I want my sims to eat, I just make sure to gather them
To eat before the food gets realy spoiled, this is who I prevent
Food from spoiling.
What about remain?
I clean up the dishes!!!
But Thank you anyway for good working...

I think it is better to play the game without hacks for advanced players, it brings more fun when the things are not so easy. But hacks and cheats can help a lot in case of new players of the game. The only mod I use in my game is See Them 2 censor remover, because the blurred Sims are not my cuppa tea ;o).
Test Subject
#16 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 4:47 PM
This is so cool thanks!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 23rd Jun 2006 at 1:16 AM
This was so necessary, Thanks.
Test Subject
#18 Old 23rd Jun 2006 at 11:25 PM
Cool!Thanks!
Test Subject
#19 Old 26th Jun 2006 at 8:53 PM
makes the game too unrealistic, but nice work anyway.
Test Subject
#20 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 12:22 PM
I didn't want to download this because (Aside from using the Motherlode Code once) I think this is one of those broken hacks that make the game easier in an unfair manner, I'd felt that was cheating the game, and didn't want to...

But today one of my poor families had like 8 dirt plates around and they were hungry and couldn't cook because there was no space and couldn't buy, and, and, poof!

I just realised I couldn't live without your hack ~~'

downloads/votespectacular/thanks...
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 3:39 PM
Thanks so much for this! I've been searching for this one........

For the longest time, I didn't want to use a hack like this if I could find one anyway, because I thought it was too close to cheating.....

But I always end up with families that aren't hungry at the same time, or are too small for a whole serving dish, so I've got 2 adults cooking a single meal for themselves, wasting time, while the child lives on nothing but chips and cookies....

Even more often, I cook the santa cookies from the Holiday Pack constantly, because the servings take 1-2 days to spoil.....I'm really sick of looking at those #$! santas!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailias

This could be made easily by a global hack, too - by just adjusting constants determining the time before the spoil activates, without skipping the spoil core.

If more players are interested, I could create such mod too (I would only need dumps of some global functions from those newer EPs I don't have for better testing)

I vote for this! :lovestruc

Could it be possible to make the mod so it took up to 24 to 48 hours to go bad, like the Santa Cookies? I do like the green stink and flies occasionally!

Either way, thanks again so much for this mod!

Best,
Suzanne
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 4:45 PM
Hi Suzanne, thanks

I don't play TS2 anymore and without having the latest 3 EPs / SPs I would need dumps of some global functions from the newer EPs for writing the mentioned mod - to be sure it would be compatible with all game versions.

I returned to creating mods for TS1 players - there are only a few active sites, while there are tons of sites with TS2 mods .
Field Researcher
#23 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 6:13 PM
Thanks for this!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 5:22 PM
Really great mod!!!!:D

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone
//\\ that has survived, died, or is living with cancer
Test Subject
#25 Old 4th Dec 2006 at 3:06 PM
yay! i hate it when my sims sit down to eat some leftovers and halfway through the meal they're surrounded by flies and green vapors... thanks!
Page 1 of 2