Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 12:13 AM
Curvy mesh programs?
Hi, i have some ides for some great new objects, but they need curvy meshes... so which programs do you recomend to make curvy meshes... they must be free to download aswell..

Thanks for reading this post

From Bella1234200

i have a sims2 fansite.. it iswww.freewebs.com/bella1234200.. feel free to have a look... there is a chat section as well.
Advertisement
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 12:16 AM
Not all the curves have to be from the mesh. Many objects
(including Maxis ones) use the texture (alpha channel) to add some shape.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 12:24 AM
Erm, ANY 3d modeling program should be able to make curvy shapes. How you want the shape done is not so much a matter of the program you use, but how you set up your 3d model... and that's up to you and your modeling skills. Whatever program you choose, you'll find it's going to be a lot easier for you to create certain shapes if you take some time (several days) to study some tutorials on how to use your program of choice. Just about every 3d modeling program has an official site with links to tutorials - I know Milkshape has tutorials built right into its help file, and of course, there's always Google, for "beginner (whatever program) tutorial" to get you started. Even if the project in the tutorials isn't what you want to ultimately make, doing the projects will help you learn a lot about 3d modeling and make it much easier for you to make whatever shapes you like.

And yes, as jaxad says, you can also, depending on the project, do a lot with your texture/alpha to create the look of curves without the high poly count that a smooth curve generally entails.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.