Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#26 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 10:25 AM
hmm, could you fake it by building a wall outside the window and putting up a mural that looks like nighttime?

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 12:18 PM
Hi, this tut totally owns! Awesome! I made my own CAS screen different painting and flooring! yay! But then I saw these cool CAS screens with cifferent mirrors and without thw paintings and stuff! And I reeeaally wanna make, uhm, CAS screens without the pictures and... stuff!! So I was hoping that someone could tell me how that's done.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 12:22 PM
oh sorry, I didn't read Jonesi's question and tiggerypum's answer. sorry. thanks tiggerypum and vashti.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 4:13 PM Last edited by Vampixen : 5th Oct 2006 at 4:28 PM. Reason: added statement
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
hmm, could you fake it by building a wall outside the window and putting up a mural that looks like nighttime?

I had thought of that, but I'm afraid it might look too out-of-game? I thought someone might know a way in SimPE to edit a global in that package file to turn it to night. I'm still pretty new to modding and I greatly appreciate any help.

EDIT:
Also, the Cas screen I'm working on is an outside view (Wide open) to give it full 3D depth. I am also using the hidden objects hack and the hidden Maxis lights.

~Crenellating Crenellations!!~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 5:43 AM
Hi Vampixen

I think because the house itself has hidden tracks and settings the only way you could do it is to fake it the way Tig suggests..

Keep in mind depending on how close your walls are, you could actually have the mural on both floors of the wall itself and create the right effect. Your Sim has a fixed view and is never going to see over two floors.

And Sjokolade, I'm glad you got your issue sorted. :-)

Cheers

Kath
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vashti71
Hi Vampixen

I think because the house itself has hidden tracks and settings the only way you could do it is to fake it the way Tig suggests..

Keep in mind depending on how close your walls are, you could actually have the mural on both floors of the wall itself and create the right effect. Your Sim has a fixed view and is never going to see over two floors.

Okay, I tried putting up 3 levels of wall. I have Maxis trees in the views around the lot. The second level made everything on the lot disappear. I guess I'll have to give up on this one... until someone finds a way to change a hex code somewhere in the package to make it night.

~Crenellating Crenellations!!~
Test Subject
#32 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 8:21 PM
thanks for this tutorial! i'll check my CAS screen works now! hopefully i might be able to upload it someday, thanks!
Test Subject
#33 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 1:13 PM
Yay! NEw CAS screens! Thanks! (haha, my name's Kath too. XD)
Test Subject
#34 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 1:27 PM
It don't WORK!
I do everything the tut says, but then theres no CAS house in my houses. Why does this happen?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#35 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 6:44 PM
Probably you missed a step. Maybe try again, slowly. Make sure everything you're doing looks exactly like the screenshots and make sure you do it for _your most recent EP_

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Test Subject
#36 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 3:45 AM
Default Very Good Tutorial
Thanks for this wonderful tutorial. I used to play the game with what has been given to us. Now I'm starting to customize my game by downloading custom content and other stuff. I think this tutorial will make my gameplay more exciting.

Thanks again. I'm gonna go try to do it myself.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 6:55 AM
:-) Miggs that is just wonderful to know that..
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 10:51 AM
woot woot woot! works brilliant!
is there a way to allow pets into the screen? ie. move a family in with pets, position them where you want them, save the lot, exit and move it back into the cas folder? because i have a pet-related CAS screen and i thought it would look better if i could put some pets in. ^_^
and i have a guinea pig and bird cage, and they look so empty without the pets in them.
*sigh*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 4:01 AM
:-) Not that way, but there is another way you can do it... Keep in mind cats and dogs are normal members of the family, so you can decorate the part where you assemble your family appropriately and photograph them there.
Test Subject
#40 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 4:04 PM
Great great great!
I'm going to do my own CAS as soon as I have time left to!

Test Subject
#41 Old 17th Nov 2006 at 1:46 AM
I am not sure what's wrong with me? my computer? my game? But something is wrong!

I'm familiar with all of the folders and I've followed these steps to a tee and my costum screens still won't show up in the game. I have one of windkeeper's cas files to hide everything except the podium and mirror and that works, those objects don't show. But neither does my custom screen!

I've got NL, Uni, OFB and Pets... Pets is my latest install so I tried putting the file in there. I tried putting it just into my downloads file like people have suggested. I tried putting it into Pets and Uni... and into everything... into each different file, one at a time.

It's. not. working. I want to scream! I am so, so, so, so sick of the brick. Why did they have to make it so difficult to change? They know we like customizing!
Test Subject
#42 Old 17th Nov 2006 at 7:50 PM
Ok, I know that. I've tried many times to find it. I read the instructions carfully. But it was a long time ago now, I'll try again now.
Test Subject
#43 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 7:13 AM
wewilllgo ... the mistake that I had forgotten was to take the neighborhood house and put it into the lotcatalogue. I had been putting the copied / renamed CAS in there instead. I also learned that (with Pets) I did not have to put the CAS lot back into the house & lot bin after I finished working with it. I am using the invisibles by Windkeeper as well and all worked fine for me. I hope you get it working.
Test Subject
#44 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 9:50 PM
Awsume tutorial!!! But I have a problem... In my Res folder, I do not have any subfolders, like Global Lots... and If I make a folder, there will be nothing in there... so how do I get the CAS! file?

If you have a request please explain it thoroughly! (At least one and a half paragraphs & supply the needed pictures / meshes, or else I will throw it away without looking at it and I will not "PM" you that I will not do it.)
Field Researcher
#45 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 12:51 AM Last edited by Judfer : 19th Nov 2006 at 3:31 AM. Reason: show off new CAS
OK, Kath, I am going to try making a custom CAS. You have been warned. ;-D Thank you for the tutorial.

I had a problem making it show up. Turns out it was a stray custom CAS lurking in my Saved Sims folder! When I deleted it, my new CAS showed up.

Unfortunately, I got a bit carried away adding furniture.

New Judfer creations at Sims2 Noir.
Live Free or Die.
Test Subject
#46 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 4:23 AM
can anyone, post a CAS!. file, and a YACAS!. file, for me, It would be very helpful!
Or could you send one to me?

If you have a request please explain it thoroughly! (At least one and a half paragraphs & supply the needed pictures / meshes, or else I will throw it away without looking at it and I will not "PM" you that I will not do it.)
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#47 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 10:57 AM
This is a tutorial for making your own. If you want a redecorated one, go look in the downloads area of the site.

Field Researcher
#48 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 4:06 PM Last edited by Judfer : 19th Nov 2006 at 4:09 PM. Reason: get rid of smilies
Quote: Originally posted by Upgraded_Dragon_Hacker
Awsume tutorial!!! But I have a problem... In my Res folder, I do not have any subfolders, like Global Lots... and If I make a folder, there will be nothing in there... so how do I get the CAS! file?

You can get it off your game CD.

Look here: MyComputer/ Devices With Removable Storage/Sims2EP3_1(D: )/Compressed.zip and then inside go to: TSData/Res/GlobalLots/CAS! and YACAS!

On your computer you should go to MyComputer/Hard Disk Drives/Local Drive (C: )/Program Files/EAGames/The Sims 2 Open for Business/TSData/Res/Global Lots/CAS! and YCAS!

It has to be there, otherwise you would not be able to open CAS in your game.

Try it.

New Judfer creations at Sims2 Noir.
Live Free or Die.
Test Subject
#49 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 4:39 PM
THANK YOU!!! IT WORKED!!! And ALL the other files I don't have, like lots, and saved sims, are there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Test Subject
#50 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 5:13 PM
GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I have the files, I have my lot, I have everything, but the CAS lot, won't show up in the house bin. I have read EVERYTHING here 4 times, ans I redid everything 8 times, WHATS WRONG!!!!!

Page 2 of 11