Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 6 (Who?), Viewed: 1256 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 5:59 PM
Default Problem with Clickability!
I wonder if anyone here can help. I've just made a new object, changed the cres a bit, slightly altered the mesh etc but when I put it in game I can't select it, or even pick it up in buy mode. Is there a way to make a custom mesh clickable everywhere like the maxis meshes are?
Advertisement
The Resident Bunny
staff: retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 6:03 PM
Which object did you clone? Depending on the object, you might be able to fix that by selecting the desired subset in the Groups tab in GMDC (the subset you want to be clickable) and then click the Add to Bounding Mesh link, and commit. I remember it being said, though, that it doesn't work for objects with joints.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 6:06 PM
Thanks, it was the expensive single bed, and I'll try that but seeeing as how many joints a bed has....
The Resident Bunny
staff: retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 6:10 PM
Yes, I don't think it will work with beds. I've tried it myself without luck before.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 6:26 PM
Yep, crashed my game - any other ideas?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 7:41 PM
yup, just export the bed frame through the Import/export buttons at the bottom and then import it again. the frame beign the last thing imported should then end up as the selectable subset automatically and since you aren't touching the bedding it won't break any joints/animations.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 8:57 AM
no that didn't work either but I have found a way around the problem thanks!

Section jump