Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Non-Perspective (Sims 1) Camera

by Vid the Kid Posted 28th Aug 2006 at 3:41 AM - Updated 28th Aug 2006 at 3:43 AM by Vid the Kid : specifying default screenshot

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 5:14 AM
Wow I need to show my brother this! It sure is something different for the sims 2. But I never really liked the camera in the sims 1.
Test Subject
#3 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 6:41 AM
Wow, that's so cool! Although I won't be downloading it because I didn't like the sims 1 camera very much but still that's so awesome! Nice work!

Do NOT upload any of my sims or houses to the exchange or in contests, please.
I have VERY high standards for what I download, so here are some of my favorite sites: Universal Sims, SimsRubiCon (clothing), Holy Simoly (objects), PeggySims 2 (hair), Gionovan Salvatore (accessories)
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 12:04 PM
i will give it a try ,thanks for sharing.

Don't make the camel EAT you...
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 6:40 PM
this is just what i wanted!
i hate the sims 2 camera the sims 1 was way better in my opinion
mayby its just cause i have been playing far too much of it and i need a change of view! lol
thanks
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 8:46 PM
Nostalgic feelings :D
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 6:53 PM
Not to be mean but IIRC, there's an option to do this under Video Options.
Test Subject
#9 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 6:58 PM
Default Wow
Nice Nice
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eggs
Not to be mean but IIRC, there's an option to do this under Video Options.

I wish it were that easy. No, that particular item under Graphics Options is misleadingly labeled. "Sims 1 Style Camera Rotation" or something like that? All it does is swap which way the rotate buttons on the UI rotate the camera. (Does "rotate clockwise" rotate the camera clockwise around the world, or does it rotate the world clockwise in front of the camera? Different games do it differently.)

Vid the Kid
a.k.a. Bír'd'in
a.k.a. David "Smith"
My Sims 2 Page

Does this font make me look fat?
Test Subject
#11 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 11:04 PM
the download-link is broken
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 4:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by linkzoot
the download-link is broken

Are you sure? It seems to be working for me. The Q-Express link is disabled because this is a config mod and should not be extracted to the Downloads folder like most other downloads; instead, you need to use WinRAR to extract the .txt files into the folder specified in the original post. And MTS2 just got a bandwidth upgrade, so you shouldn't have any problems retreiving the .rar file now.

Vid the Kid
a.k.a. Bír'd'in
a.k.a. David "Smith"
My Sims 2 Page

Does this font make me look fat?
Test Subject
#13 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 5:15 AM
How do you take off the camera when you're done with it and want to go back to the old style?
Test Subject
#14 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 8:48 AM
If you backed up the files in your cameras folder you can just cut or copy them back and let them overwrite the modded config files. If you didn't, well... hopefully you can find the original files posted somewhere. Last resort would be a reinstall, as far as I know (and I'm not an expert). Hopefully that helps a bit.
Instructor
#15 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 1:34 PM
You can always get your defaults from the installation folders.

C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Userdata\Cameras\ contains all the default camera files.

A reinstall is NOT necessary.
Test Subject
#17 Old 16th Sep 2006 at 7:58 PM
Default pretty good
it sounds real good, but why the hell would someone want their game to be like the sims 1??? d00d! get the sims 1 and live with that! btw i learned the perspective thing about 3d in the seventh grade, (1st year in my brittish academy) yes, i am a brit tho

Your Mother... 'Nuff Said...
Test Subject
#18 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 12:45 AM
Wow cool!! I Love it!!
Test Subject
#19 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 12:27 PM
just fantastic
Oh my holy god its so GREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT

I love it I loooove it :lovestruc

Many thanks, i ever waited for this.

Hellau :)
Test Subject
#20 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 9:49 PM
what this

www.MoweSims.pl
Welcome
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 2:54 AM
OMG Thank you so much I've been wanting this REALLY BAD! LOL
I cannot stand the Sims 2 camera...it just gets on my nerves...I've always loved the Sims 1 style WAAY better for some reason....maybe it makes things look more realistic??? I don't know....
Test Subject
#22 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 6:46 PM Last edited by Szynszyl : 3rd Nov 2006 at 7:37 PM.
Cooool!! I LOVE IT! Sims1 camera style was very... nice! love you!

But one exception: it could be possible to zoom much more (in live mode camera)
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 1:28 AM
Same as bumper, I like it, but I'm not going to download it. But I might check it out sometime, but only once
Forum Resident
#24 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 9:39 PM
Not to be mean, but isn't this a step back, not forward? Why would this be useful?
Test Subject
#25 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stickylungs
this is just what i wanted!
i hate the sims 2 camera the sims 1 was way better in my opinion
mayby its just cause i have been playing far too much of it and i need a change of view! lol
thanks

wow....the sims 2 has a sims 1 camera option O.o
Page 1 of 2