Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Complete CAS Face Template Replacements

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 355 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 106,249 Views
Uploaded: 5th Oct 2006 at 6:26 AM
Updated: 20th Apr 2013 at 5:39 AM - Update
NOTE 8/14/2012: I have a revised and expanded version of this set. See this comment for pics and links (face files are also available here, but not the images.) It has more varied features, complete template families #21 and #25, and an entirely new, 28th face family based on Argon's extra templates. (If you have the set here and would like to update, I suggest completely removing the files rather than letting the new ones overwrite, since I changed the numbering slightly.)

---

Here's a complete set of face template replacements, all ages, both genders, based on the original templates by the remarkable AllenABQ (with thanks to Motoki for the tutorial.)

A sampling of before and after shots, Maxis faces...

versus mine:

As you can see, the difference isn't enormous in every case, and homely Sims still happen, but the Quasimodo effect is pretty much history. As before, some combinations also tend to produce prettier kids than others.

AllenABQ's complete explanation for how replacement templates work can be found here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=106077

Please read before downloading! The most important things to remember are that replacement face templates will not change the appearance of your existing Sims, only new ones, whether created in CAS or generated by the game for townies and NPC's; and that you can only use one set of replacements at a time.

To install, place in your Downloads folder (subfolder recommended if you have Nightlife or a later expansion.) To get rid of them, just remove the files from your Downloads folder, but note that any Sims you've made or that the game has generated or transitioned while using them will retain the altered features.

---

Other full replacement sets that I am aware of:

selzi set 2
Starlit
bruna00000
Zazazu
oepu
selzi
Naitali (a work in progress)
Doc Doofus
TreyNutz (Registration required)
sarakadie
terrakosmos
AllenABQ

and for those interested in making their own set...

AllenABQ's extracted Maxis face templates: Here
Motoki's Tutorial: Here