Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lots of Lots - Mini community lots

by MaryLou Posted 9th Oct 2006 at 6:27 PM - Updated 6th Jun 2009 at 12:59 AM by MaryLou

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 6:36 PM
Hey! Thanks MaryLou! These are very cool!

are you going to make some that are residential as well?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 7:01 PM
Awesome hack. Thanks for sharing.

I'm going to stop modding the sims 2.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by poplers
Hey! Thanks MaryLou! These are very cool!

are you going to make some that are residential as well?

Look at the post, now there is a link for Mini Residential Lots too

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Field Researcher
#5 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 8:20 PM
When I dropped them in my downloads folder, some of these Community ones overwrote some Residential ones.
Test Subject
#6 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 10:11 PM
The same here. I think the vertical ones are the same ones as the residental verticals.
But still a great job!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 11:03 PM
Default Please Re-download
Quote: Originally posted by Aramis
The same here. I think the vertical ones are the same ones as the residental verticals.
But still a great job!

I think I owe you my excuses.
I've posted by mistake the wrong RAR.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

PLEASE, RE-DOWNLOAD

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
Instructor
#8 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 7:50 AM
I love the idea of small lots!

Thank you!

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Scholar
#9 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 11:21 AM
great idea,
thanks

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Forum Resident
#10 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 5:55 PM
Thanks!, and just what I needed to expand the Commercial District!...

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Test Subject
#11 Old 15th Dec 2006 at 6:17 PM
It's great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I needed something like this!!, especially the 1X1 lot !!
I have no words! thanks!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 2:21 AM
Perfect For Street Vendors....

Yes I agree as well, quite shallow and pedantic....
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 11:51 AM
Huge thank you for these and the residental ones. I was just over at N99 and asked if anyone knew how to change the lot size, as I wanted to build some miniature lots. Then I accidentally stumbled over a post refering to your lots.

Thanks for all your hard work to make things easier for the rest of us. I'm now a happy builder.

Here you'll find more downloads by me; GoddessByline's SimPage and N99

"Remember to always be yourself... Unless you suck."
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 9:43 AM
I just downloaded the residential ones and now i am downloading these community ones, thank you for making these.
Instructor
#15 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 4:37 PM
oh how cool thanks for taking the time to make these

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Test Subject
#16 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 2:40 PM
can you du one whith BIG lots?? Thank you

//danieeel971
Test Subject
#17 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 11:04 PM
For some reason they're not in my game. I've extracted the files and everything into my downloads folder - or should they go somewhere else?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 12:22 AM
@OllyMux: they are Sims2Pack NO package, so extract from the rar archive and double click on the Sims2Pack file: it will installed in the right folder. Run the game so it can import the new lots.

In the game you'll find the lots in the Lots & Houses Bin - > Unoccupied even if they are empty.
The various lots can be easily identified in the catalog, thanks to the clear thumbnails.
Don't look for them in the empty lots!!

Test Subject
#19 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 8:08 AM
Thank you!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#20 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 5:40 PM
MaryLou, is it possible for you to make smaller beach lots? I just don't want them to go out as far because they are spoiling the narrow beach I have in one of my hoods

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 6:09 PM
Hi Inge, I'd like to have smaller beach lots..... but these new lots seems to be a bit different, theoretically the vertical 1x5, and 2x5 ( that are really 1x6, 1x6) can be done........ but about the horizontal smaller size i.e. 2x3, 3x3, ecc I'm not sure that it will be possible to make them work fine and admit the coast.
And if this will be possible, at the moment, I don't know how :D
The minim size it seems to be 1x3, 2x3, 3x3, 4x3, 5x3, 6x3 ( that really are 1x4, 2x4, ecc take in mind that there is the road)......... that why it seems they need, in addition to the block of ten tiles for the road, 2 blocks (20 tiles) for the beach and water.
In effect I am trying to study and understand how they work, but at the moment I have got only devastated lots
Any suggestion or idea will be accepted

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#22 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 8:08 AM
I think the place where the sea meets the beach is a portal, which is already positioned a certain way in from the back of the lot, and you can't interfere with that or it will upset the way it dips the seabed where the sim swims. So the lot probably needs to be shortened from the front.

I have realised that I don't think we have a hack or cheat to make invisible objects visible like we had in Sims 1? With that, it turned all the portals into coffee tables that you could move using move_objects. Anyway my thinking is that if we could place the lot, move the portals up nearer the road, bin the lot and place it elsewhere, it might dip the land nearer the road. It doesn't really matter then if the lot is still long, because most of it will be under the sea. Actually that might be even nicer than shortening the lot, because you can place boats etc on the sea with the extra space available.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#23 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 3:32 AM
Thank you for these.

Expertly made and a nice addition to my neighbourhood. My Sims thank you =D
Field Researcher
#24 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 7:17 AM
thank you
Test Subject
#25 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 9:49 AM
Thank you for your work !

Pluravie.
Page 1 of 2