Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Surf Career - EP Ready - Finished

by Pdrs Posted 17th Oct 2006 at 4:06 PM - Updated 22nd Oct 2006 at 11:09 AM by Pdrs

40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
#2 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 5:36 PM
We need more info please, tell us about the chance cards and just a thought if you want to get more people to download your stuff and get more thanks then i suggest you go the extra mile and make those clothes and rewards, no one is really going to download this if their are no custom clothes and rewards, just some constructive critisim.

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 7:52 PM
You've made a good start here, Pdrs. However, the text could use considerable editing. If necessary, you may be able to find someone here who would be willing to help in this area. Also, pro surfer should really come after surf teacher in the levels (and possibly even surf shop owner). Lastly, I would scrap the modelling aspect of the female career and just have them be surfers as well, but this is your career after all so I'll have to leave that choice to you.

Here are the level names and descriptions:

Level 1: Beginner (Male - You look a lhama surfing, even lhamas surf better. Keep practising to improve Female - You are still learning and you look like a lhama surfing.)

Level 2: Surf Shop Worker (Male - You now work on a shop, it's good for learning new things about boards. Female - You have to be nice to the custumers if you don't to be fired.)

Level 3: Free Surfer (Male - You are free to go surfing wherever you want to, as long you have money. Female - “You are free to surf where you like without being in danger.”)

Level 4: Pro Surfer - Now you have a sponsor you can go anywhere that the sponsor pays, but you have to win championships. You are famous and respected if you win cups. So work hard. / Girls Pro Surfer - You don't do the same things that the others pro surfers, but you try.

Level 5: Surf Teacher - Now you work as a surf teacher of really stupid and annoying kids, that don't know what is a surfboard. You have a lot of work to do. / Surf Clothes Model - You dress what they say you to dress, even if you don't like the dress.

Level 6: Surf Shop Owner - You own a shop, but you have to choose the right product to sell in your store if you don't want to go bankrupt and feeding lhamas for money. / Billabong Girls Model - Now you are a model of a trademark with prestige, you don't dress that ugly clothes anymore. You have to dress many bikinis, so take care of your body.

Level 7: Lhama Championship Surfer -Your dream is to win the Golden Lhama. Work hard to win it. / Surf Model Agency Owner - You now have your own trademark: Surfing Lhamas. It's not a big agency but your paycheck is big.

Level 8: WTC Surfer - World Tour Championship... What can I say surfing with all kind of peoples: english, portuguese, polination technicians and others.../ Miss Reef - You travel a lot and your paycheck is big.

Level 9: Billabong XXL Surfer - Huge waves, a board and a lot of guts, it's what you need to do this. You also appear on Billabong Odissey. / Miss Reef 2009 - You won Miss Reef contest. From now on you will have a lot of work to do.

Level 10: Surf Legend - You won whatever exists to win on a surf career, you are a fountain of inspiration to others surfers. / Female Surf Legend - You have won every beauty contests related to surf.
Test Subject
#4 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 8:25 PM
I would like a surfing career in my game,but dont see alot of information,i would also like clothes and chance cards,so i dont think i will download,but if you do improve it then i would love to have it in my game.

And if those are the jobs levels that Redd posted,then its kind of sexest...Why are there different things for different genders? Why is the woman Pro-surfer not as good but tries,but the male wins comps? and why has the woman become a model and the male still a surfer..or am i mis-reading.
Test Subject
#5 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 9:17 PM
Females surf too, you know. Including competing at top international levels.

Here in Australia, the 2006 inductee into the surfing hall of fame was a female - Layne Beachley. http://www.surfingaustralia.com/article.aspx?nid=5716. This isn't the women's hall of fame - last year's inductee was male.

The playerbase of The Sims2 has more females than males. If you want your career to appeal to more people, it might be a good idea to make it less sexist.

BTW, is lhama meant to be llama?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 9:56 PM
(Ok if you think I'm a machist) I'll change the career, anyways thanks for the comments.

EDIT: Redds information is right.

I'm going to stop modding the sims 2.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 4:06 AM
awesome idea dude

k a t i e r o b

Like the SoCal surf scene?If so...your deff gonna want to check out my sims.

For some links to some sweet surf/skate sims2 downloads...checkout my journal [which will be up soon hopefully]

Please DO NOT upload my sims to the exchange.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 12:11 PM
I'd like to see Redd's ideas incorporated into this to boost it up a bit. With three levels it gives you little to really strive towards. Same as having no career reward. Personally I prefer careers with at least chance cards even if there is no reward at the end or custom clothes. I have to say I like this idea and would love to see it evolve. Still this is a great start and a very commendable one. Great work! Now I just need a pro-skater career and my Sims are gonna be in heaven ;-)
Will test it out and let you know, thanks again!
~Rav
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ravynlee
I'd like to see Redd's ideas incorporated into this to boost it up a bit. With three levels it gives you little to really strive towards. Same as having no career reward. Personally I prefer careers with at least chance cards even if there is no reward at the end or custom clothes. I have to say I like this idea and would love to see it evolve. Still this is a great start and a very commendable one. Great work! Now I just need a pro-skater career and my Sims are gonna be in heaven ;-)
Will test it out and let you know, thanks again!
~Rav

That is not Redd's ideas, that are mine, but everybody wanted more information about the career and Redd posted it.

Next update: female and male careers are equal and custom reward object.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 8:35 PM
Default Chance cards
Superfly said that was missing things in my chance cards, so next update: chance cards

Field Researcher
#11 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 1:11 PM
Brilliant update and sorry for misunderstanding details before. Can't wait to test it out!
Thanks again.
~Rav
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 4:47 PM
YAY! Finished! Thank you

WOW. I wish reality was this real.
Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 2:47 PM
Awesome and I really liked the reward object.
Instructor
#14 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 10:55 PM
yeah, i definitely think this is sexist, you should not put it on here, and hopefully, that is not Pdrs's spellings, because it is incorrect, hopefully it is just a mistake of the writer's (Redd) otherwise, it would not be very high quality and well thought through,
(then again, it is very sexist so it isnt well thought through)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by poplers
yeah, i definitely think this is sexist, you should not put it on here, and hopefully, that is not Pdrs's spellings, because it is incorrect, hopefully it is just a mistake of the writer's (Redd) otherwise, it would not be very high quality and well thought through,
(then again, it is very sexist so it isnt well thought through)

What are you trying to say with sexist? The female career is almost equal to the male career.
I'm portuguese and my english isn't very good if you find a mistake just say.

AJW1
I don't make cars I make careers, houses and recolors.

Instructor
#16 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 12:39 AM
i am pretty much agreeing with what Reo said
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 5:49 PM
Ok I will say three things that explain why female surf career is different from male:

1- The women's body is different from the men's body.
2- There are more men doing this sport than women.
3- At least in my country they don't mix up the genders in competitions.

Test Subject
#18 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 11:24 AM
I Love this, sorry it wasnt made for you but its a good thing because you did a great job! SURFS UP!
Test Subject
#19 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 2:27 PM
i dont know much about surfing, but i love the idea of having a career like this in the game. but...need there be a difference between the sexes?

ie, modeling v. surfer for males. girl pro surfer v. pro surfer?? does it really matter? do you have to differentiate with the "girl"?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by theGuest
i dont know much about surfing, but i love the idea of having a career like this in the game. but...need there be a difference between the sexes?

ie, modeling v. surfer for males. girl pro surfer v. pro surfer?? does it really matter? do you have to differentiate with the "girl"?

Like I said before the difference is only the name and the fact for that is because there isn't any sport that the males do it with females. The top career is equal for both.

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 2:03 AM
I think this is a great idea and I'm looking forward to playing it, and I like that there are gender differences in the careers. Yours is not the only one with them, and its kinda boring to have everything the same for both sexes all the time. Thanks for sharing.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 9:27 PM
You are the first person who likes the sexes differences. I'm going to create a new career with no differences but I'm going to let this version stay.

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 4:42 PM
Yuck. I find the gender differences offensive as well. Especially the girls having to be models. A person doesn't become a surfer because they want to MODEL, they become a surfer because they want to SURF. Why do the girls have to model, while the boys still get to surf?

The offensive gender differences are the only things keeping me from downloading this. The career is an awesome idea, but your thinking seems very backwards and medieval to me.

Why not create a second upload withOUT the gender differences, and have both of them uploaded so that people can choose between them themselves?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 8:05 PM
I'm working on that, but my life isn't only sims 2, I have classes too.

Test Subject
#25 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 4:03 AM
Don't let the detractors get to you. I can see creating a career without the differences for those that want it, but I personally LOVE the thought of having a career that makes a difference. It's like having two careers in one!

1. If you can't respect another's POV, you have no right to complain when he doesn't respect yours.
2. If you can't tell the difference between Real Life and a Game, seek professional help.
Page 1 of 2