Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Chinchilla - Cat Breed (UPDATED 21/11/06)

by elleeden Posted 23rd Oct 2006 at 10:21 AM - Updated 21st Nov 2006 at 8:37 AM by elleeden

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 2:13 PM
Gorgeous! Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 9:09 PM
My daughter will love this!
Alchemist
#4 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 5:13 AM
Your cat is very beautiful. That cat acts like a queen.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 8:33 AM
Thank you!

Absolutely, these cats are just so placid and divine in reality, so regal. I have a couple living with one of my richer Sims families in my game - they look so at home!

the crazy cat lady.
Theorist
#6 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 4:10 PM
Awesome! I really needed this cat breed in my game, thanks!
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 2:57 AM
is this suppose to look like a real chinchilla??
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 5:40 AM Last edited by okalani : 6th Nov 2006 at 6:19 AM.
Chinchillas are much rounder, furrier, and have longer ears, don't they? Try again please.

[QUOTE]Artist Formally Known as Okalani You'll be seeing my posts for suggestions of what may help you improve your posts. I have S2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, and Seasons![QUOTE]
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 5:54 AM
It would help if you read the thread post... Try again please. :P

the crazy cat lady.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 4:31 PM
When i download it it comes up as a a chaussie breed
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 8:34 AM
Well, that's odd. o_0 I will reupload the download files.

the crazy cat lady.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 7:09 PM
Thankyou!

Anything not made by Nintendo is Inferior!
Visit my site , www.-lil-cherri-berri-.piczo.com
Field Researcher
#13 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 11:19 PM
Beautiful! Thank you

My Sims2 Blog: CLICKY ME.
Test Subject
#14 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 12:31 PM
it's just what I need for my sim family! THank you

~*~ Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most... ~*~
Theorist
#15 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 5:45 AM
love your cat
Test Subject
#16 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 11:49 PM
I have something important to say.
A Chinchilla is NOT a CAT.
It is a breed of rodent, prized for it's silky, silvery coat, and used to be often(or possibly still is) used for coats or fur "Boas"*. I believe the name of feline you wished to submit this as would be 'Persian'. A Persian is a fluffy cat, that commonly comes in white. Pedigree Persians have blue eyes normally, and are deaf, because of genetics.

If you want to make a Chinchilla, make something a LOT smaller than this.

If not, nice Persian ya got there.

*If you have no idea what a 'boa' is, or think it is a snake, I will tell you here. It is a long, furry or feathered kneck wrap, plain and simple. They used to be very popular with celebrities, back when... oh, about when anyone under age 35's parents were kids.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 8:50 PM Last edited by elleeden : 26th Mar 2007 at 9:06 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Shadow Breeze
I have something important to say.
A Chinchilla is NOT a CAT.
It is a breed of rodent, prized for it's silky, silvery coat, and used to be often(or possibly still is) used for coats or fur "Boas"*. I believe the name of feline you wished to submit this as would be 'Persian'. A Persian is a fluffy cat, that commonly comes in white. Pedigree Persians have blue eyes normally, and are deaf, because of genetics.

If you want to make a Chinchilla, make something a LOT smaller than this.

If not, nice Persian ya got there.

*If you have no idea what a 'boa' is, or think it is a snake, I will tell you here. It is a long, furry or feathered kneck wrap, plain and simple. They used to be very popular with celebrities, back when... oh, about when anyone under age 35's parents were kids.

If your aim was to look smarter than me, to make me look stupid, or to make me look wrong - congratulations, you failed.

I know about the rodent, I am not confused, and the chinchilla cat breed was named after the little critters.

The chinchilla cat is not a persian. They are two different breeds and come from two different bloodlines. More specifically, persians originated from Turkey, while chinchillas are British.

Since you think you can educate me on a number of topics, I'm willing to presume that you know one word (and nouns are no exception to this) can have multiple meanings? Did you overlook that fact while you were busy trying to do whatever it was you were hoping to achieve? No need to pull out the Magic Eight Ball for that one.
If the contrary to the aforementioned fact is your logic, however, is the persian, which you mentioned yourself, also idiocy because a Persian is also a person from Iran or a rug, for example? </rhetoric>

PS: I know what a boa is, I'm not ignorant, uncultured, or inept. Curiously, though, the fact that your profile says "student" suggests that I may be older than you.

the crazy cat lady.
Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 12:19 PM
I didn't know there was a cat breed of them, then again. I'm Australian and the rodent version is banned here, must see if we have the feline version instead, it's so lovely! You just want to pet it until it melts into a puddle of fuzz. *laughs* Until I can do just that, I'll let my sims have yours to pet, thank you. *flicks water at those protesting this cute cat!*
Unsocialized Homeschooler
#19 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 4:18 AM
Oh I love this! So cute and fluffy LOL
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 2nd May 2007 at 5:26 AM
Lovely, absolutly lovely.

Cmiles8
"There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness" - Josh Billings
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by elleeden
If your aim was to look smarter than me, to make me look stupid, or to make me look wrong - congratulations, you failed.

I know about the rodent, I am not confused, and the chinchilla cat breed was named after the little critters.

The chinchilla cat is not a persian. They are two different breeds and come from two different bloodlines. More specifically, persians originated from Turkey, while chinchillas are British.

Since you think you can educate me on a number of topics, I'm willing to presume that you know one word (and nouns are no exception to this) can have multiple meanings? Did you overlook that fact while you were busy trying to do whatever it was you were hoping to achieve? No need to pull out the Magic Eight Ball for that one.
If the contrary to the aforementioned fact is your logic, however, is the persian, which you mentioned yourself, also idiocy because a Persian is also a person from Iran or a rug, for example? </rhetoric>

PS: I know what a boa is, I'm not ignorant, uncultured, or inept. Curiously, though, the fact that your profile says "student" suggests that I may be older than you.

Wowsers,you just about covered every single word I was going to say...
except in a more educated manor...because I am also VERY possibly younger than you.
But I was also going to say that,real cat breed or not,you can name your cat whatever the heck you feel like naming it. I don't just mean the cat. I mean the breed. Because you created it.
Another example is a fawn made by Bubbleeye. The animal is in fact a dog,not a fawn,but because he/she made it to look like a fawn,he/she wants to call it a fawn.

BTW,I absolutely love this. This is the cat I've ALWAYS wanted,but my mom won't let me get,for the excuse of "We already have two cats!" So thank you! Now I can give all my simmies this kitty!Ahh,I can here it now...
"Bad simmy! Don't let Princess outside! Her fur will get dirty! DUH!"

Proud owner of SimMania! Go here for downloads.
Test Subject
#22 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 3:14 PM
Oh my god, I was thinking "Oh my! I can get a Chinchilla for my sims!".. Then I find out its just new breed.. =/ Still, in the words of me.. Coot, that is! XD
Test Subject
#23 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 3:49 AM
:lovestruc This is a very beutiful cat, since in real life i can't own a cat for a number of reasons,mostly because my mother hates cats, i'm glad that at least i can have a virtual cat, especially this one, beutiful work on this one.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 1:01 AM
Thanks Deidara! But at the end of the day, that just gives you one more thing to look forward to when you move out of home, doesn't it?

And thanks, Dragonfire25. Great minds think alike. Haha.
I know what the "two cat rule" feels like. My family are cat breeders but since I'm living in my parents' house at the moment (just moved interstate) and their two remaining cats are very old girls (18yo human years, aka 'very old' in "cat years"), so I have to wait 'til I buy my own place again before I can get new four-legged furry children. Haha.

the crazy cat lady.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 20th Apr 2012 at 11:57 PM
I thought a chinchilla was a rodent who lived near/in (rain)forests XD I guess its a cat breed too :3