Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Teen Form-Fitting jeans and t-shirt Default Replacements (and Non-Defaults too!)

by mrlucas Posted 27th Oct 2006 at 8:50 AM - Updated 14th Nov 2008 at 5:05 AM by CatOfEvilGenius

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
#2 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 9:14 AM
Ohhh yeahh!!! Thanks a lot for giving this great replacement to teens
Is there any posibility of replacing the mesh that uses the same shirts but with short pants? preferably for adults :D
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 9:14 AM
I've been enjoying using the default replacements for my adult male sims, and was hoping you would do the same for the teens. Many many thanks for this!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 10:52 AM
Hey thanks for these. I got fed up of the flares on those old jeans. Now my teenage sims won't look like hippies! Thanks.

*´")
..·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´Wil-Redfern*¨)¸;*
Field Researcher
#5 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 10:52 AM
Thank you so much! I too have been hoping for this! Yay! :P

...they call us walking corpses;
unholy living dead...

-------------

Leather, Spikes, Studs and Patches - Corinne's Creations
Field Researcher
#6 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 11:01 AM
awesome!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 11:26 AM
Thank you sooo much!! I love the mesh for adults, and I was so hoping you would make it for teens to :}
ty lots!!<3
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 11:46 AM
I can't begin to say how happy you made me. I HATE baggy jeans, and missed the adult version when you posted it - so I'm 2 times happy today.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 1:02 PM
WOW!!! nice. thank you!! ^_~ you did great!!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 1:07 PM
I think I love you. I'm really a pro-teen mesh person... I mostly works with teens. I LOVE THIS MESH. Thank you SO much. <3 What's more, it's for MALE TEENS! I love you even more.

*snaps fingers at adults* le huffe!

...err. =D
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 3:31 PM
These look good except for that the bodyshape - especially the hips - look a lot narrower than the regular sim teen body. It's a little too bizarre for me to have a sim's skeleton get bigger when he changes into his underwear or swimsuit, especially with unnaturally narrow hips, so I think I'll pass. Shame, I really hate the default Maxis mesh.
Test Subject
#12 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 5:59 PM
Dope! They look more muscular too!
thanks =)
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 8:22 PM
Thank you kindly. Now my maxis boys look a lot less hideous! =P

+ Sim Art + SixSixSimsCC +
:: The bell will ring at midnight, but I can't hear it anymore ::
Field Researcher
#14 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 11:33 PM
Oh, thank you so so much! This was great for adults and perfect for teens!
Instructor
#15 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 8:26 AM
Ah, thanks so much! I was really hoping you'd do another version for teens, but didn't want to bother you. Thanks!
Test Subject
#16 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 8:44 AM
thanks so much thoes sandals are just too irritating..hahaha. do you think you can make a default mesh for the shorts with the sandals for teens and adults as well? that would be awesome :D
Test Subject
#17 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 6:05 PM
I love the mesh, it's great!!! By the way, where can I find that hair? I like it too. And thanx a lot!
Mad Poster
#18 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 10:14 PM
I have a problem. (WHY ME?!)
I have downloaded the MESH file and Non-Default textures and placed them in my Downloads folder. My problem is this; The outfits will not show up in Body Shop and when in CAS they appear under Everyday> Tops! Their thumbnails are naked bodies and they overlap with the trousers a sim is already wearing. I've tried to redownload the MESH file but the same is still happening.
This may be of importance, I don't know, but I have downloaded your adult versions and they work perferctly on both adults and young adults.
Have you any ideas of what could be causing this and how to fix it?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I have a problem. (WHY ME?!)
I have downloaded the MESH file and Non-Default textures and placed them in my Downloads folder. My problem is this; The outfits will not show up in Body Shop and when in CAS they appear under Everyday> Tops! Their thumbnails are naked bodies and they overlap with the trousers a sim is already wearing. I've tried to redownload the MESH file but the same is still happening.
This may be of importance, I don't know, but I have downloaded your adult versions and they work perferctly on both adults and young adults.
Have you any ideas of what could be causing this and how to fix it?

whoa. that is a wierd thing. hmmm.
i guess it is possible that another clothing mesh is conflicting with my mesh. am i correct that you downloaded the non-default version? i will take a second look at the guts of that mesh and see if i can find anything odd about it. i know you probably downloaded the non-default because you didnt want to replace your maxis mesh but would you mind testing out the default version? (it can be taken out afterwards just like a regular mesh. it doesnt actually overwrite or remove anything) just to see if that one works?
do you have your downloads folder categorized? subfolders within and all that?

is anyone else having this issue?

"nothing spectacular"
Test Subject
#20 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 10:48 AM
I have the same problem. It seems, that in CAS only the shirts work but then in the lots there is nothing (that means other maxis clothes i didn't take)
I'll try it out with the replacements when there's no other possibility...
Instructor
#21 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 3:05 PM
This is awesome!
I never liked these Maxis meshes. You did an outstanding job!
Thanks for sharing it!
Mad Poster
#22 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 8:58 PM
Ok, I tried the game with both the default replacements and non-defaults installed at the same time and only the default replacement ones show properly. The non-default ones now show in ALL catagories of casual wear; Tops, Bottoms and Full Body. They still have the naked body thumbnail but if selected from the Full Body catagory they do show on the sim correctly.
I hope this info helps in finding the cause of the problem.
Oh and also, I have every pack installed except for Family Fun Stuff and Pets.

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 12:35 AM
I love the mesh. Can't wait to make new clothes using the mesh.

Check out my teen clothes at The Laundry Basket
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Ok, I tried the game with both the default replacements and non-defaults installed at the same time and only the default replacement ones show properly. The non-default ones now show in ALL catagories of casual wear; Tops, Bottoms and Full Body. They still have the naked body thumbnail but if selected from the Full Body catagory they do show on the sim correctly.
I hope this info helps in finding the cause of the problem.
Oh and also, I have every pack installed except for Family Fun Stuff and Pets.

sigh... well i have sliced open, ripped apart, autopsied and any other gruesome analogy you can think of to this poor mesh. i am so sorry but i have no idea why they show up so wacky. maybe they conflict with another mesh. maybe we have different versions of the game (different countries?) maybe god enjoys practical jokes. i dont know. my sincerest apologies.
if anyone else can figure out whats up then please let me know. and is the non-default working for anyone?

"nothing spectacular"
Mad Poster
#25 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 11:30 PM
Ok well thanks for looking. At least I can still use the adult version. I can't play Sims for a while now anyway as I'm at university and my laptop can't handle it. I'll maybe try again next time I have access.

Page 1 of 2