Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Dec 2006 at 10:08 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Floating Blue circles?
Hey.. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what these are and why theyre showing up in my game.. I have all the expansion packs, no stuff packs.. this was happening before sims 2 pets.. its also a quite recent issue, this didnt always used to happen in my game.. and these ONLY follow around the guy with blonde hair in a 4 person household.. its also happened with a few sims, not just this one

Heres two screenshots:

Please help?
Advertisement
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Dec 2006 at 10:21 PM
What skintone is he wearing? I would say he's got blue floating wedding bands following him around, similar to the accessory bug we've been seeing in general. Also looks like he's wearing an accessory - can you identify it also.

If you take him to the mirror and update his appearance, do the rings go away? On other sims that have this problem, do you see anything in common (custom skintones or other things). We're trying to find the pattern for this bug.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 8:15 PM
Oh then Im pretty sure its the rings hes wearing, not the skintone.. its aikea_guinea's triple rings, I know for sure this sim is wearing them.. heres the link to the post..
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=169401

It never used to happen though, the rings used to work fine, like when I would put them on my sim these blue circles wouldnt come up until recently..
And im pretty sure the other sim that I had with this problem was also wearing these rings. And another thing... when he stands still it looks like that picture, there are only 3 rings floating around him.. but when he walks or swims theres a trail of rings .. more than 3.. following him, I can get a screenshot if it helps.. Hope you guys can figure it out
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 9:06 PM Last edited by tiggerypum : 5th Dec 2006 at 9:32 PM.
dhampir, please don't argue as to what is causing the problem. If it was just the rings, then it could be reproduced in everyone's game, but it's not. Something got corrupted on the sim and we're trying to track down what combination of factors might come into play, because the answer to this problem is NOT simple. We're trying to see if there is anything in common these broken sims have

What skintone does he have?
Is he wearing another accessory around his neck?
Also, what graphics card do you have?

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 11:09 PM Last edited by dhampir1313 : 5th Dec 2006 at 11:28 PM.
Im sorry, I didnt at all mean to come across as arguementative, I just thought you meant that it was an accessory bug thats causing the problem.. He is also wearing a necklace from peggysims2.. heres the link:
http://freearea.peggysims2.net/accnecklace.do?direction=older&curtenpage=15&key=null

my graphics card is ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP, and if it helps, im on a laptop..

The skintone is by Barcelonista, the medium skintone, found here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=118182
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Dec 2006 at 6:27 AM
Please accept my apologies, dhampir, I am just frustrated because this bug is very elusive and we can't seem to pin down what triggers it. It's just not consistant, some have problems with dr. pixel's necklace, some don't. So far I have not been able to get any broken accessory behavior in my game at all. I will go check these out specifically, and pass any info I might glean to Maxis.

Field Researcher
#7 Old 6th Dec 2006 at 8:23 AM
If you delete the texture but not the mesh of an accessory, the accessory will still appear but it will be blue and won't attach to the body correctly, so this is most likely the rings.

um... yeah...
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#8 Old 6th Dec 2006 at 8:33 AM
moonluck9 - This error will occur in non-Pets games if you remove the mesh or recolour from your Downloads, but a sim is currently wearing the accessory. The mesh will flash blue and will lose its bone assignments. However, in Pets that will occur without having removed any files whatsoever - it's a bug.

dhampir1313 - How was that sim created? Did you make him in Body Shop, or Create a Sim? Was he wearing the accessory originally when he was created, or did you put the rings on him when he was on the lot? When did you first notice the flashing?

Can you try to use Change Appearance on a mirror and just click the checkmark - that should fix him temporarily - what happens when you do that, save, go back to the neighborhood, then back into the lot? Is he still flashing that way?

As Tig mentioned above, this issue has been extremely elusive - I've had it in my game and I can't figure out a pattern to it either. The more information we can get on it the more likely we are to find the root cause and figure out a way to fix it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 3:04 AM
I made him on create a sim, Im quite sure he was not wearing the accessory when I made him, but Im sure that he was indeed wearing the rings when I made him.. the blue circles started appearing a while after I created him.. I also moved him and his family alot, like to different houses.. It was probably about the 4th or 5th move that I started seeing this, it was more recent.. around the time of that move, I changed his appearance .. and Im pretty sure that had been after I got the sims 2 pets.. but at the time when I changed his appearance I gave him this necklace, moved the family to another lot and THEN this started happening.

... And Ill have to try what you mentioned.. Ill probably be able to tell you the result of that tommorow (Its Dec 6 here)

I can also check the other sim that Ive had this problem with and see if the two sims have any similarities, I have a feeling that the other sim with this problem was wearing Aikea's triple rings, not sure about the necklace or skintone, Ill have that info by tommorow. I can also try creating sims with those accessories and seeing if the same thing happens
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 2:28 PM
Those blue circles still appear when I exit the lot and come back after clicking change appearance.. I havent tried taking the accessories off but Im not sure if that'll fix it either...
And my other sim with this problem was wearing the triple rings, not the skintone or the necklace, just the rings.