Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Wolf head mesh and skin (Hair)

by Xarteras Posted 3rd Jan 2007 at 7:45 PM - Updated 6th Jan 2007 at 9:26 PM by Xarteras

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
#2 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 7:30 PM
Oh ... My ... God!

This is so freakin' cool! You did such an amazing job on this! Thank you so much!

~ Syn

DO NOT RE-UPLOAD MY WORK TO THE EXCHANGE OR ANYWHERE ELSE. Please be courteous.

Many of my latest uploads are located HERE. Go check it out for some much more improved work.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 7:39 PM
This is absolutely amazing! 5 star quality, top notch! Excellent work!

You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
-Christopher Robin to Pooh
Inventor
#4 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 8:22 PM
Very good idea and wounderful job transfering it
!@_o!

At my final resting place
!@_o!
Scholar
#5 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 8:49 PM
COOOL!! We're going to have Anthros soon in our Sims!

"Your happiness is unrelated to anything you have inside." - Riku
Field Researcher
#6 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 9:57 PM
Wow, Thank you!!! this is so cool.

~kenji

For more of my creations please visit HERE where you will find exclusive content from myself and other talented creators.

"I know what I need to do with my life now. Life is so precious, so beautiful and to be able to protect that, that's an amazing gift."
-Lana Lang
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 4:26 AM
This is one very cool download. I don't suppose you feel like sharing your secrets on how you made it? I tried to do something similar and got some wierd error message.
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 4:43 AM
I absolutely love this idea, I've been wanting something like this as long as I've been playing the game, but I've run into one problem. The skin isn't showing up properly, when I try to apply it the sim just changes to what looks just like the second-lightest Maxis default. The invisible head part of the skin doesn't seem to be working either. I have all the expansions except for Pets installed, if that helps any.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 11:24 AM
OH WOW! This is absolutely, extremely, awesomely, fantastically cool! If you don't mind, can you try making a mesh of just the snout?

I don't know if you've ever read the Wheel of Time (it's a great fantasy series by Robert Jordan), but there're these creatures in it called Trollocs that have goat snouts, and which I'm trying to make. A wolf snout will do nicely, I think! I swear, I will thank you with my life (or what I can give of it anyway). I don't have Pets, but heck if it requires that ep, I'll go out and get it.

Regardless, thank you for the great work you did on this one!
Forum Resident
#10 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 1:08 PM
Oh my...!
This is awsome!
Great work!

//HB

♥Adam Ant♥
No, I don't take request at the moment
11/7 -09 My beautiful niece was born!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 3:40 PM
!! This is so clever! You've done quite a job, here.

So am I to interpolate from your description that you're working on custom pet meshes? That would totally ROCK!

Support a hungry coyfox (me!). Buy some wonderful flavored tea: Coy o'Teas

*10% goes to environmental causes*
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 4:46 PM Last edited by Xarteras : 5th Jan 2007 at 4:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by jazcmx
So this was created useing pets, but I don't need pets for it to work?

It was created using a pet mesh from pets, yes.
But the mesh was altered quite a bit to fit on the human body, so it had to be included in the package instead of a reference.
And without any reference to pets material it SHOULD work without it, but as I have seen from reports this seems not to be the case, I will investigate

Quote: Originally posted by kanexkid
This is one very cool download. I don't suppose you feel like sharing your secrets on how you made it? I tried to do something similar and got some wierd error message.

There's not much secret in there most of it should be visible when looking at the packages in SimPE, I invested some effort to keep them clean an structured so anyone editing them won't have to dig through a huge pile of strange references
But maybe I will write a mini tutorial when done fixing the compatibility issues

Quote: Originally posted by signorpigrone
I absolutely love this idea, I've been wanting something like this as long as I've been playing the game, but I've run into one problem. The skin isn't showing up properly, when I try to apply it the sim just changes to what looks just like the second-lightest Maxis default. The invisible head part of the skin doesn't seem to be working either. I have all the expansions except for Pets installed, if that helps any.

That's strange, I will investigate
Thanks for the report!

Quote: Originally posted by bardsmanship
I don't know if you've ever read the Wheel of Time (it's a great fantasy series by Robert Jordan), but there're these creatures in it called Trollocs that have goat snouts, and which I'm trying to make.

I will look into it when I'm finished with the compatibility issues, but I can't promise I'll get around to do it

Quote: Originally posted by aimlesscoyote
So am I to interpolate from your description that you're working on custom pet meshes? That would totally ROCK!

I'm sorry I have to disappoint you, but at the moment nothing like that is in the works, but thanks for the idea

@Everyone else:

Thank you very much for your feedback
I'm glad the mod was received so well, I didn't think I would get such an attention

Edit edit: Some edits for spelling and forgotten comments
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 11:57 PM
This mesh is really cool as everyone is saying lol
One problem I'm having though. I downloaded this last night, placed it in the downloads folder, and double clicked on the package to install the materials. I get that thing telling me what the package is about and to install, then it tells me that it's been successful. When I look though, it seems nothing has been opened from that package AND I can't find it in my game. Help would be appreciated lol
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 12:07 AM Last edited by Xarteras : 6th Jan 2007 at 3:44 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by WolfBriar
This mesh is really cool as everyone is saying lol
One problem I'm having though. I downloaded this last night, placed it in the downloads folder, and double clicked on the package to install the materials. I get that thing telling me what the package is about and to install, then it tells me that it's been successful. When I look though, it seems nothing has been opened from that package AND I can't find it in my game. Help would be appreciated lol

What EPs do you have?

I have done a quick test with Sims 2 without any EPs and encountered the same problem with sims2pack extraction.

If it's the same problem I will remove that bug when fixing the compatibility issues

Edit: It seems this problem happens with all versions of the native sims installer, I think maxis did a little check so only sims2pack files built by maxis or with maxis tools are installed properly, at least the ones made with the current version of SimPE don't seem to work.

I made a thread in the SimPE support forum to see if anyone knows how to get them working with the bodyshop installer, but meanwhile you could also use any other installer (I recommend this in any case as the bodyshop installer converts the filenames into cryptic hash values which make it hard to find out which file belongs to what mod).

I tested it with sims2pack Clean Installer and Q-Xpress and it worked with them, but it should work with any installer other than the native one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 3:47 AM
The compatibility update is out

Now everything should work fine with every version of TheSims 2, at least it does with my clean install without any EPs.
Test Subject
#16 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 6:58 AM
I can't speak for everyone, but the update fixed my problem. Thanks for the quick fix!
Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 6:31 PM
Cool Looking Mod !!

But having The Same Downloading Problem. ( Package Installing, But Not Finding It In My Download Files. ) MAC Has No Other Package Installer Options I Know Of, Could You Maybe Just Upload The MESH And Other Files As A zip File Directly From The Download Folder Without "Packaging" Them First ?
Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 7:02 PM
Wow thats Hexa funny,they're all furry and stuff and the face look all funny

Time Goes By.

Time is a place, time is a person, time is a distant memory.
To find the way back home, back out, back out of the darkness, you must follow the light.. for the one destiny all worlds share.. is also the destiny of your heart....
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Viderian
Cool Looking Mod !!

But having The Same Downloading Problem. ( Package Installing, But Not Finding It In My Download Files. ) MAC Has No Other Package Installer Options I Know Of, Could You Maybe Just Upload The MESH And Other Files As A zip File Directly From The Download Folder Without "Packaging" Them First ?

I have just uploaded a file with the raw packages, nos2p_wolfheadmeshandskin.rar, that should work in any case
Test Subject
#20 Old 7th Jan 2007 at 3:42 AM
Worked Like A Charm !!

To Cool For Words My Friend.....
Test Subject
#21 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 1:28 AM
This is freakin AMAZING! This would make a perfect werewolf replacment, using the hair to replace the old werewolf hair.... *hinthinthint* *winkwinkwink* *nodnodnod*
Test Subject
#22 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 6:32 AM
kay just got this and noted that when used with female teen that a ghost like face is still there (at lest in the cas)
other then that it rocks
Test Subject
#23 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 1:15 AM
my werewolf sims will be forever in debt with you! Especially the Red Talon tribe, they really don't like looking like humans :D
Test Subject
#24 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 8:54 AM
About the wolves..

They are completely fantastic. Are they complete, or do you intend on continuing work on them[IE: Tails?]?

If you are done, this message is to say how great the work was.

If you aren't, however..

Great start and you may soon bring "Furries" to Sims 2.
Test Subject
#25 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 6:33 PM
I hope you do, and by the way, I have a suggestion, if the head still disappears, why not make it a mesh for the eyes? Like where glasses normally would be...just a suggestion, Don't know if it is any good though...
Page 1 of 2