Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cash Register Trainer (Global Mod version) - *UPD 07 NOV 2008*

by Numenor Posted 14th Jan 2007 at 12:37 AM - Updated 7th Nov 2008 at 10:21 AM by Numenor : UPDATE: Faster skilling + OK with FT and AL

107 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 93 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 12:53 AM
halleluah!

** just my 2 cents, ignore it if you wish, rant if you must, but please use the common sense one assumes you were born with **
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 1:05 AM
aweome mod and idea Numenor!

Do not post my creations anywhere unless you have my permission

Check out my website!
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 1:06 AM
Thank you so much for this.
This had annoyed me so much that i actually stopped building business.
Since i don't cheat so this is just perfect for me.
Again Thanks and keep up the truely good work.
Have almost all of your fixes.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 1:10 AM
Great idea! This will be very useful, will check it out asap. Thankyou!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 1:54 AM
Thank you! I greatly appreciate that I can finally practice on the regular cash registers!

Contests? Challenge? Custom Content?
Find it all, and more, in the link below!
(~☼ Sim Oasis ☼~)
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 4:28 AM
AWESOME!! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 4:33 AM
Thanks Numenor... great addition to our hacked objects
Instructor
#9 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 5:53 AM
Excellent idea! The whole ordeal with cash registers and low skill frustrates me to no end; this will be the perfect solution. Thanks for all your wonderful mods!
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 8:21 AM
This will be really useful for me since I can only get the business owner to ring customers up. Thank you!
Scholar
#11 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 9:57 AM
Genial idea Numenor ! Again you give a wonderful amelioration of the game. And "practice" in all languages. Good !!! Thank you very much ! :D

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 10:41 AM
Ghogin - If the business owner is the only one who can operate the cash register, then he will be the only one able to practice. In a "home business", each family member is automatically enabled to operate the register (and practice); I'm not sure if family members are allowed to use the register on community lots, I will check this.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 10:57 AM
When I first starting playing OFB it really annoyed me that the registers didn't have a practice option, as in real life when I've done cashier work, I was certainly trained with some practice tries on the register before I started serving customers! Thanks for patching up this hole in EA's logic. :D
Test Subject
#14 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 11:09 AM
Come sempre Stupendo!...grazie!..
Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 11:54 AM
Love it! Thanks :D

As others have said, it really annoyed me the way that, on the first day of a business, you'd end up with half the customers leaving because of the cashiers slowness. No more!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 12:35 PM
WOW cool !! i have been waiting for something like this ...thanx a million ..

Be with us here this week as we remember Your journey toward the cross. With sad hearts, we contemplate Your death. But with confident hearts, we know that You are carrying out God's great plan of salvation.

Christ, as You take the path that leads to both death and life, may we journey with You.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 1:54 PM
THANK YOU! As usual, you out think Maxis by a ton. AWESOME
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 2:32 PM
I don't believe that. It's featured within 2 hours of it being posted. Great mod!
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 3:08 PM
I'm into business sims a LOT, and this is much needed for my new business couple where the male doesn't know a thing lol
Thank you so much, Numenor!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 3:42 PM
Great Idea!!!! This is a much needed feature. I cant stand loosing customers because you can't ring them up quick enough. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 3:51 PM
lifesaver!
Scholar
#22 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 6:44 PM
Excellent one!! I don't understand why sims have to be so dumb with cash register, THANKS!!!!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 7:31 PM
I could kiss you! Sims just starting on registers are so clueless, I'm surprised they don't get their heads stuck in it or something, so forget about dealing with customers. This mod is highly, highly appreciated. ^__^v

O pitiful shadow bound in darkness, looking down upon people and causing them pain... A soul drowned in sinful karma... Want to try dying this once?
- - -
Test Subject
#24 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 9:33 PM
I have also been frustrated when starting a new business. Also it is hard to hire staff with cash register skills. I think I will train as many of my playable SIMS as I can so that they can be hired by my main playable family.
Test Subject
#25 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 9:45 PM
This is incredible
Page 1 of 5