Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 7:31 AM
Default Recolouring Windows
Hello There,

Sorry if this question has already been asked but I was wondering if there is a tutorial that explains how to recolour windows, mainly the glass part. I understand the frames but what file part is the glass?

Cheers
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 1:45 PM
The glass part doesn't usually have a texture image, only a material definition. In that case, open the Material Definition for the glass, go to the Categorized Properties tab, find the line called stdMatDiffCoef, click on it, and at the end of the lines you'll see an arrow. Click the arrow to pick a color from the tables, then commit and save the package. The transparency of the glass can be changed by editing the value for stdMatUntexturedDiffAlpha. Value of 1 is solid, 0 is completely transparent, and anything in between (for example, 0,5) is somewhere in between.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 3:29 PM
As IgnorantBliss says, most window come without a texture for the glass, therefore you can use the method explained above to change the colour/transparency in a uniform way.

If - on the other hand - you want to add a texture to the glass, so to put a design or decoration on it, you can either add the texture manually, or simply use the "ready-to-use" package attached to this tutorial

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 9:14 PM
Thank you, You both have been very helpful. Hence why you are both top of the ladder and I am still on the ground. lol

cheers