Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 6:08 AM
I guessed that was what had happened, its shame though. It's like saying that people without SimCity4, are not allowed to download the new terrains people make.

Personally, I bought LS, because I buy anything with the label, "The Sims" on it, and I'm glad I managed to download it, as the objects are just like a normal stuff pack.

Does this mean the walls and floors aren't going to be posted either?

Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone
//\\ that has died, or is living with cancer.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 2:17 PM
The reason I was looking for the post was because I think there's an issue with some of the bed. Everytime my sims woohoo or try for baby I get a cut scene like it's the first time they've done anything. I was wondering if I was the only one who was getting this.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#53 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 12:40 AM
Well, thanks anyway for letting me know; I guess I will take a look, though I can't post the fixed package any more -

And yes, Zruda, this means that there will be no walls and floors, here ant MTS2; but the users that extracted them are free to post them elsewhere, if they like to.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#54 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 3:23 PM
Not a problem. I'm not 100% sure that its the beds that are causing the problem. I only assume its them (or one of the other lifestories objects) because it wasnt until I added the lifestories objects that I started seeing this problem. I havent had time to remove them yet and check to see if it solves the problem because I've been too busy at work. It's a pity you cant re-post the fixed package, but I know if it were me, and something I created was a little buggy I'd want to at least know about it. Even if I couldnt re-post a fix. Nice job by the way, the objects are great. Glad I got them before maxis asked to have them taken down.

In the days of my youth I was told what it means to be a man. And now I've reached that age, I try to do all those things the best I can. ~ Led Zeppelin
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 9:19 PM
Blaxun, In my game this doesn't happen; I have the cut scene only the first time that two sim woohoo or try for baby; if the sim changes partner, of course the cut scene runs again.
I've run my experiment (you can do the same) in a brand new lot, with a brand new couple, using my All-EPs game (like yours). And the cut scene only occurred once.

But I remember that once I had the very same problem, with a Maxis bed; or better, it happened in the whole game: every single time a bed was used, I had the cut scene.
I don't remember when or how that problem was solved; probably installing a patch or an EP; or one of the rare times I reinstalled the game.

Try removing the LifeStories objects and start again the game; replace the Fertilinator (that will disappear from the lot) with a Maxis bed and... woohoo at will!

Just out of curiosity: when in game, open the memories panel of both sim, and check if there is the memory "Had woohoo with (name of the other Sim)".

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#56 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 9:48 PM
No new memories are being created, I did check that for some reason, not sure why. I'm also going to try moving the family to a different lot. I've had to odd things happen during play (on other lots besides the one in question) that moving the family to a new lot has solved.

Honestly, I'm seriously considering re-installing everything anyway. I have got way too many mods/custom objects/clothes/walls/floors installed and I know I'm not using most of them. My game's performance is starting to suffer.

I do apperciate your help. I'll give your suggestions a shot and let you know what I find.

In the days of my youth I was told what it means to be a man. And now I've reached that age, I try to do all those things the best I can. ~ Led Zeppelin
Test Subject
#57 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 1:54 AM
After some testing I think I figured it out. It's NOT the lifestories objects. Tested the problem household with and without the LS objects, cutscene everytime they woohoo. 2 other households in the same neighborhood, both with and without the LS objects only get a cutscene for the 1st time they woohoo, everything is normal with them. The only difference I can find between the households I tested was that the problem household was brought over from veronaville to a custom neighborhood. The other's in that 'hood were created there.

So, as far as I'm concerned the mystery has been solved. Again, I apperciate the suggestions and help, and of course all your great work you've shared with us. Thanks!

Forum Resident
#58 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 11:30 PM
Hello, I searched every where and could not find anything about why the build mode is disabled in the stories play? Unless it gets unlocked when a certain chapter is done, I have completed 10 chapters in Riley's Story and 1 chapter in Vincent's but why the disabled build mode? It dosen't say in the booklet that came with the game..Help me soon...Or how can I find the file to edit it to enable it? Thanks...Oh P.S. In the downloads you created from SimsLS to convert to The Sims 2 games you forgot many other objects as the new game player looks like the playstaion 3, and then there are some other awsome objects in the Career Rewards and Aspiration's rewards you forgoten or are working on? Anyways help me with the build mode disabled in story play..

"This too shall pass, I shall walk and not become weary, I shall run and not faint, I shall mount up with wings like and eagle and fly."
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 3:28 PM
@Anglesims2, and also to anyone keeps asking me about the "converted" LS objects: As said, we posted those object convinced that Maxis would not be harmed by our "conversion"; we are still strongly convinced of this, but anyway Maxis kindly asked us to remove all the objects and careers immediately, and we complied, as promised.
However, I've been informed that someone else had a different idea (LINK). I just want to state that I'm not involved in any way with the Yahoo group mentioned there, and technically those objects have been posted there without our consent; but nevertheless, they are there, for anyone interested. Personally, I'm not interested, because of course I already have all those objects :P

As for the supposed "missing objects", we converted them all, including the aspiration rewards; the career rewards, in particular, were originally posted by us along with the careers themselves (now the careers are gone, too; but I guess that who collected the objects collected the careers, too).

About the missing "build mode" in LS: the "Story Mode" can't possibly support the build mode active, because the sims must rely on a particular layout of the lot; if you could change the house, there is the risk that the game can't execute correctly the scripts. Therefore, the build mode has been grayed out (and the cheat box is inactive, too). I don't know any method to restore it, and anyway I would not advice anyone to restore it, even if possible. If you play LS in normal mode, the Build and the cheat box function regularly.

Forum Resident
#60 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 5:08 AM
Oh okay I see all you are saying, I did not want to get anyone in trouble....Thank you for letting me know, I see it was on another web site about the grayed out build part, so I see why now....Thank you very much....That is okay dose not matter any more of this game, I like it more now by actually it is like watching a sit com and beeing a part of the show in a funny way...LOL....I am sorry if I up setted you about this....Thanks..

"This too shall pass, I shall walk and not become weary, I shall run and not faint, I shall mount up with wings like and eagle and fly."
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#61 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 9:51 AM
No need to apologize: on the contrary, you gave me the chance to clear up something I wanted to state since the beginning

Forum Resident
#62 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 5:20 AM Last edited by anglesims2 : 8th Mar 2007 at 5:51 AM.
Cool
Oh cool I helped some one and it is you how cool.....Thank you!!!! So what did you figured out? The chance to clear something out? If a secret you can pm me and I do keep secrets...I am good at keeping secrets....lol....also I slowed my avatar to slow down and could not change my avatar at all using my settings here so I could not replace it unless I did something wrong....Thanks

Forum Resident
#63 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 7:00 PM Last edited by anglesims2 : 21st Mar 2007 at 11:55 PM.
I Found A Way?
Well I found a way to reset the games, example the Vincent Story if you wanted to reset it alone first Copy & Pasted the Neighbourhood N100? I forgot the one he is in, move it to another folder that I made in my documents Electronics The Sims Stories Neighborhood I made a new folde and called it someting like Vincents Story backup pasted his neighborhood and saved it in there. Then I also did the same for Riley's Story in another new folder named it Riley's Story and pasted her neighborhood in there, Now You can deleate or rename the Story part backup like The Sims Stories backup and when starting the game again you can restart the game and there a new stories and neighborhoods are staring all over...LOL...Hope this helped you understanding how to reset your game....LOL

I am now completed the stories and now to play seasons for awhile, But a few days break from my computer...lol....It was fun to play it twice and when playing the second time round I noticed some few plays that werew slightly diffrent in Rileys story and I ended the vicents story the second time letting her stay dead, He keeps crying over her so now he is off trying to make just some new friends and try to recover old friends and he plans to stay single for now..I am going to continue his story with my own ending maybe late? lol...Now waite for The Sims Pet Stories lol.....

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#64 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 2:26 AM
Thanks, I ended Vincent's story choosing to revive the girl and lose the money; but I still had the curiosity to know what happened if I'd chosen the other option I'm NOT going to play it a second time lol!

Test Subject
#65 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 4:29 AM
I was wondering what happened to the set. At least now I know what happened.
Test Subject
#66 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 4:05 PM
Ok, the walls are now ready here.
Inventor
#67 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 2:58 PM
I wonder if there is a way to get the statue and keep the girl....its a lovely statue that I'd use in my lots if not for EA....I never know when I'll want to upload it here.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Test Subject
#68 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 1:16 AM
Does SimPE work with this?
if so, which version?
Test Subject
#69 Old 8th May 2007 at 1:18 PM
The new version SimPE (0.62 ) supports to STORIES . But I have not understood, what recolor objects from it ?
Test Subject
#70 Old 12th May 2007 at 6:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sulky
Here are some I took in the game trying out various cheats, custom content and so on.

http://surlysims.com/slspages/SLSscreens.htm

So far, custom content (not game mods) work fine between the two games. I can use the same cheats for SLS as I do in Sims 2. And, the modified userstartup.cheat file and modified cameras work too.

As I said in another post - its the same game in freestyle - just "lite" - I don't experience the "lag" others have talked about but it may be my machine, which was built to load Sims 2 with several gb custom content and be able to run other programs at the same time. Also, I need more time to crash and burn it. I am sure I can get there.

I have a HUGE problem. It seems that cheats from Sims 2 cannot be executed in my LS. It's just that whenever I type Ctrl+shift+c, no prompt box appears.

What will I do?
Alchemist
#71 Old 12th May 2007 at 8:54 AM
In story Mode, all the cheats are turned off.
They work in free play, and they will begin working in the stories after you reach the goal of the story.
<* Wes *>
Test Subject
#72 Old 19th May 2007 at 12:45 PM
After playing some Life Stories, I've discovered that I can't find anything (even within the cheats) that edits faces. While I don't mind playing Life Stories without a lot of custom content... being stuck with ugly sims does not make me want to play with certain households. Does anyone know of anything so far that works or is actually within the game that might let me fix an in-game born Sim with ugly features?
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 7:50 AM
LifeStories Modded Objects
I am looking hard for objects that are in Life Stories that have been modded to play with The Sims 2 and their EPs. Anyone know where I might find them? The Bedroom set and TV are just wicked cool. Thanks for any direction.
Test Subject
#74 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 7:50 PM
I started to play Vincent story and got a weit bug -- when he came to bowling to meet Naomi, first there were not Naomi there, I could only see her for a second or two and then she dissapeared.
I've restarted the game and got anothe thing -- there were 8 Naomi, and Vincent could interact with all of them, although when he hug one, the others leaved the building -- but no worry, after a few seconds they all reappeared again. Once I counted 18 Naomi. It was funny, but since I wanted to play, I restarted again.
Now I have one Naomi, but there is no option to kiss her, not her not anyone else in any circumstances. I can't finish this date at the bowling and have no idea what to do.

Please, do anyone know what is it? May be I beter restart Vincent's story? But how(without reinstalling the game)?
I finished Riley's story without any problems
Test Subject
#75 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 8:16 AM
Default custom content
hi there ok here is my question... im have bougth the sims life stories and want to put some custom content but im ne in that so im askin someone if he can teach me or maybe give me a little of his custom content
Page 3 of 4