Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 4:18 AM
Default How to recolor the clerk uniform?
I was wondering if there is a way to recolor the outfit that the clerks wear, the one with the white shirtt and green uniform? Thanks for any help.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#3 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Spencer
This tut should anser your quouestin

Where is this tutorial?

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 4:04 PM Last edited by tiggerypum : 9th Feb 2007 at 4:11 PM.
Do you want to replace it entirely in your game, or just make a generic wearable outfit that is the outfit. I could have sworn the clerk's outfits show up in my ofb... at which point just recoloring them like any other clothing would work.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 4:20 PM Last edited by Malifecent : 9th Feb 2007 at 4:23 PM. Reason: cuz I am full of typoes, lol
I'm recoloring a set for a shop for downtown, and the set is purple and black (of course) and the green and white uniform of the cashier just completely clashes! lol. I am still more or less a newb at recoloring. I haven't done much in the last 8 months, and am trying to get back into Sims 2 creating. Here is pic of what I mean: (hope I did this right)
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 4:34 PM
Thanks for link Spencer! I don't know if I want to replace all the NPC's, just the one for that cashier for that set, lol.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#8 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 10:55 PM
Spencer as usual you have no idea what you are talking about.

Malifecent I'm not sure if you can replace the outfit in any location-based way. Can the 'ofb' assign employee uniforms be used in a downtown area? Seems more of a gameplay issue than a modding one. (For modding you could replace the texture for _all_ of them, if the only thing you can get is the default outfit). In Sims 1, there were 3 levels of restaurant which used 3 uniform sets, if I recall - anything like that in sims 2? (I'm probably not going to offer any more advice, as this is something I've not tried)

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 11:00 PM
Ok thanks! I will just leave it as is. I don't think I want to change the outfits for the whole game, but maybe once I get abeter grip of what I am doing, I'll give it a whirl. :O)