Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Backdoor Lane -- Kiosk, Rubbish Dump, Cemetery

by plasticbox Posted 14th Feb 2007 at 3:43 PM - Updated 1st Apr 2007 at 12:38 PM by plasticbox

52 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 49 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 8:05 PM
Thanks for it all. I am so jealous i can't build this good.
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 8:42 PM
I can only say wow that fantastic

Pflichtgefühl ist ein moralischer Leim, der ständiger Belastung ausgesetzt ist.
-William Safire
Das größte Hindernis auf dem Weg zur Erkenntnis ist nicht die Dummheit- Es ist die Illusion des Wissens.
-Daniel J. Boorstin
Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 9:25 PM
Ahahah the dump ! I'd have never think about it !! xD Nice idea !
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 10:36 PM
love love love love LOVE!

These are absolutely fantastic. Thank you for sharing them.

x. Sha
Field Researcher
#6 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 11:38 PM
Great Lots....Neat Ideas....

Yes I agree as well, quite shallow and pedantic....
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 1:34 AM
Plasticbox:

Your stuff is fantastic. You're one of the only designers who thinks about what really belongs in a community. This whole series is thoughtful and fun!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 1:51 AM
The garbage dump is really cool. I'm thinking it could be used as a teen hangout where they could throw some drunken parties and burn some bon-fires.

What you keep deep down inside,
You don't know what will be.
Looking for you in darkened corners,
Descend into madness with me.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 2:20 AM
awesome job!!Thank you so much..,
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 6:19 AM
i love this
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 8:29 AM
Great work!
Test Subject
#12 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 9:17 AM
The lots look great however I'm getting an error when installing with Q (possibly corrupted files) sorry, can it be fixed? thanks!

I'm sure I don't know darling I just covered the basics
Test Subject
#13 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 9:51 AM
Wow! I love your backdoor Lane collection!! thanks!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 10:23 AM
deanna12 -- yes, the bonfire would fit in perfectly! I don't have Uni or I'd have put it in myself =). Another use would be that of a real simulated rubbish dump -- whatever objects a sim doesn't want anymore, he drops them off here (and maybe a neighbour picks them up later).

One thing is a little strange with the dump: there's two lamps on it, so by default the pile will be illuminated at night. I left them there, since this is probably the only time I'm going to use them ... just pretend it's radioactive. (Or turn them off manually, of course)

okydoky -- please post in the QXPress forums with QXpress problems. Link is in the original post.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Instructor
#15 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 1:46 PM
This is so nice! Thanks for sharing it. Love the kiosk, by the way.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 6:22 PM Last edited by eedgan : 15th Feb 2007 at 6:36 PM.
Real cute! And no kiosk is not an international word - in South Africa we'd call it a stand or a stall! Thanks for sharing.

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Field Researcher
#17 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 8:25 PM
hehe these are cute, thanks

you're all a bunch of nerds like me <3
Alchemist
#18 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 8:55 PM
This trio is amazing, even the garbage is well created!. And what a nice kiosk ... very coriginal lots, thank you for sharing with us. kiss and ciao.
Instructor
#19 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 9:18 PM
Yaay! You're back at it again, and these are terrific.
Can't wait to add some real tombstones to that cemetary. ^^;''
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lamammaforever
even the garbage is well created!

The garbage was great fun! Very much recommended waste of time =). (Tip, if anyone wants to fiddle with this kind of thing: Start at the top of the pile, not at the bottom. Objects tend to come up with slots in the weirdest places ...)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 2:26 AM
I have downloaded all your Backdoor Lane lots, and hit the thanks button along the way. I finally spent time in game yesterday installing and exploring them all, and they're WAY better than they seem in the posts. How you make use of every little nook and cranny is amazing! Thank you so much for this series!
Instructor
#22 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 6:34 AM
thanks, i love the idea and everything =)
Test Subject
#23 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 9:05 AM
Really neat idea, as are all these lots. The only thing that concerns me is that every one of them has given me a QXpress error, though they install fine if unzipped. I've yet to see this error with any other lots or files, so I'm not sure the problem is with QXpress.

This is not a Sims2Pack file! Possible corrupted?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 10:24 AM
I can't look into those QXpress issues. I'm sorry. I upload/download on a Mac, you see -- I can't even possibly install it to look what the matter may be. Please take it to the QXpress forums ...

(People have been looking at the lots in-game, and they download fine for me as well, so I take it the problem is *not* with the files.)

Test Subject
#25 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 8:40 PM
I wonder if the Mac-thing may be related, and to me, it's not something that stops me from using the files, just a glitch I can't figure out. Good to have the further information, so I appreciate that, and yes, I definitely love these lots.
Page 1 of 3