Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Spawn of Square Stair ---- Diagonal Stair New Meshes

by khakidoo Posted 15th Feb 2007 at 3:15 AM - Updated 2nd May 2007 at 10:17 AM by khakidoo : So far I've edited this thing 18 times since posting it .... I think I'm addicted to editing

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Scholar
#2 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 4:11 AM
whats the diffrence between this and your original object...? improved meshing?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 4:19 AM Last edited by khakidoo : 15th Feb 2007 at 4:25 AM.
2 new meshes and now it's base game compatible.... I'm bummed now I thought I had explained what the differences were, maybe I didn't word it right or something... I'll add the pic of the three meshes together to the post text... make it more noticable maybe

Subtle In Spades
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 5:24 AM
Your video links aren't working, just fyi. But hooray for the stairs!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 5:37 AM Last edited by khakidoo : 15th Feb 2007 at 5:45 AM.
Thanks for the heads up sh0uriki I'll check it out...

New: I updated the links they should be right now....google video changed the address of the vid without so much as a howdy-do or notice of any sort.... what's up with that!? That is so uncool it's downright cold!

Subtle In Spades
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 7:22 AM
Thanks so much...
This is great... gonna try them out in my TS2 copy...

and use them in some of my new lots...:jump:
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 4:24 PM
Thanks niol
and you may notice up there that I've already updated the package (s) that I attached... decided not to go the repository route...
Sorry everybody... I'm still learning all this stuff

Subtle In Spades
Test Subject
#8 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 6:05 PM
This is great! i really appreciate the work you've done on it. Thanks
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 9:50 PM
Thanks and the video worked just fine for me and it helps to show how to make it work Thanks so much for sharing
Test Subject
#10 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 3:11 PM Last edited by anja91 : 21st Feb 2007 at 3:22 PM.
Wonderful! But I was wondering if you could make a white and a dark brown recolour? Pls!

There are leaves which don't fall no matter how strong the wind is ,
There are people whom you love , whom you can't forget although ...forgiveness is nature's law

Lab Assistant
#11 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 6:17 AM
These are brilliant! I downloaded them a while back and lost interest in TS2 for a while....WHAT?...lol Didn't last too long, though. I am in the process of building a home for a new couple I created & I've used these in the garden patio. Ingenius addition to the game! Great work! I've seen more things by you here & I have to say, please keep it up! All of it is extremely practical and why'd it take so long! lol I also have to mention - the repository thing is fantastic, too. I know you didn't use it on these, but the curtains! I wish it could happen more often!

If anyone would like, I can recolor these. I don't want to over-do it (because I am very capable of that) but a few more requests via pm may satisfy. I'll get to the white & dark brown & maybe a lightwood, black, one or 2 more stone ones. Edit to add, with floors to match.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 7:44 AM
Thank you - this is wonderful!

Alia vel Margierytka
Test Subject
#13 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 7:08 PM
I love this. I was actually thinking about steps like these this week. Glad i found them. :D
Instructor
#14 Old 24th Nov 2007 at 7:54 AM
Holy Cow! This is just what I needed! Thanks for all of your
hard work and for sharing these. I would luv to have basic
white stairs and stone stairs, too... With floor tiles to match?
I don't see any, but I'll keep my eyes open for them. I'm excited about these!

* Pickles *
Test Subject
#15 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 5:26 AM
does it work if you have a foundation and then put stairs on that then it covers up the maxis stairs?

watch my vids!
http://www.youtube.com/user/KiyoKenshin
P.S. thanks 4 the awesome content!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#16 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 12:59 PM
Kewl! Exactly what I need! thanks!
Test Subject
#17 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 5:10 PM
I have been dying for something like this to help make Japanese houses (lots of small elevation changes are standard, argh) and this is perfect! Will have to figure out how to place them, but your video should help tons. (And who really cares the sims feet go through it? Their clothes go through EVERYTHING!) Thank you.
Test Subject
#18 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 2:30 AM
can you make stair corners? cause thats what im looking for but cant find
Test Subject
#19 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 8:06 PM
Thank you!! I'll use this one much!
Test Subject
#20 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 12:37 AM
This is brilliant! Thank you very much.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 7:04 PM
amazing thanks !
Field Researcher
#22 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 3:34 PM
How did I not find these sooner? Thank you so much, just what I needed!

"Negative thoughts never breed positive results"
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 3:32 PM
I really need this fot TS3!
Test Subject
#24 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 2:48 AM
Moo
Quote: Originally posted by Mrcri96
I really need this for TS3!

I really need this for Sims 4
Theorist
#25 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 7:43 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 3rd Sep 2016 at 6:26 AM.
Default Can't Really do Elevation Changes with These
These "stairs" are not really capable of elevating Sims to a higher elevation. I mean to a higher grid level.

For example, they do not work when placed against a 4-click high foundation:

Nor do they work next to a 4-click high CFE wall:

They only work when they are slid into 2-click high elevated terrain:

In other words, these "stairs" are merely a graphically different way of showing Sims walk up elevated terrain.
Granted, this can be a nice addition to the exterior of a house, but they are useless inside a house.