Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 12 (Who?), Viewed: 2239 times.
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 1:01 AM Last edited by Jonesi : 3rd Mar 2007 at 1:39 AM.
Default Terrain flashing blue when it snows and other problems
I've been playing the game (Seasons)..played yesterday in a maxis lot and when the snow fell it was fine, now i'm playing in a little lot i built with custom terrain and when the snow started falling it was ok but when it started settling the whole terrain area and the road infront of it turned blue...

i tried using the cheat to remove the terrain paints but its still blue...any ideas? :o(

The terrain goes back to normal when the snow clears....I don't understand it, it worked perfectly yesterday...also just noticed this problem, when it turns to night time everything kinda gets a blue tinge on it even with loads of lights inside turned on...it's weird

There'a also a large blue cube (is the best way to describe it) appearing on the lot on and off...

I've got the following hacks installed, but am gonna take them out now and try it again

Christianlov_babypetcreator
Hula dance
Insim v 2.5 SIM edition
morecustomers
Monique computer
NL - no friends needed for careers
quaxi_pets_noblur censor
shaklin model animation
shaklin woohoo_one night stands
Targas pond water mod
Vincents sim modder
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 9:01 AM
Hi Jonesi,

i read somewhere in the S2C forum that this blue is caused by targas pond water mod.

Remove it and see if the problem continues. :-)

You will find my older and newest creations here
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
staff: administrator
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 9:19 AM
Jonesi, may I steal your pics for a FAQ on this, assuming removing Targa's pond water mod as advised works for you?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
YOUR BUTTHURT SUSTAINS ME.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 12:57 PM
Uhuh, course you can HP...

I also couldn't click on ponds to fish.

I removed Targa's pond mod and Insim and put the other hacks back and all works fine now. :D
Life is a lemon and I want my money back!
staff: senior moderator
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 1:13 PM
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 12:25 AM
I have this problem too, but I havent downloaded that Targa's pond water thingy..

Only one lot of mine is flashing blue even without any custom content and that one is where I tested rounded pool corners..
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 12:46 AM
If that lot had custom terrain paints and you removed your downloads folder then it will flash blue. This is just one thing that might be causing it and if you put back to downloads the terrains paints it will solve it. If the lot wasnt made with custom terrain paints then i dont know whats causing it.

You will find my older and newest creations here
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 9:45 AM
I have quite the same problem! When it snows, all roofs are flashing red. This red-flashing also occurs in the neighborhood view, when it is winter. I have some hacks installed, including the insimenator. May this one cause the problem? I haven't yet tried to remove it. I'm going to check it.
Life is a lemon and I want my money back!
staff: senior moderator
#9 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 9:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by durante1980
I have quite the same problem! When it snows, all roofs are flashing red. This red-flashing also occurs in the neighborhood view, when it is winter. I have some hacks installed, including the insimenator. May this one cause the problem? I haven't yet tried to remove it. I'm going to check it.

/me headdesks.

Did you follow the link i posted? Did you read the message? Or didn't it come through?
Field Researcher
#10 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 3:52 AM
I have windows XP and a video card of greater capacity of the minimum requires by a few notches, however, even with a new driver, and constant tweeking of in game settings, the snow is still not showing up. Has anyone had this problem? My video card is ATI Radeon 9600, and just installed the latest driver. wah, i wanna see the snow! I'm gonna test my game without the hacks and see if that changes anything. then i will try and add them one by one. if anyone has advice, i will greatly welcome it!

"And that's why you never make assumptions...because you make an ass out of you and mumptions ."

*waves hi*

Lookin for Sims 2 Contests? Check out SimOasis
Test Subject
#11 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 3:38 PM
Where can I get the orginal Default Terrain.
I downloaded a custom terrain, and did not save my orginal. Now I want it back.
I cannot remove the custom from downloads cause I don't remember what is was named or where I got it. I was on the Bines Sims Revue, it makes the neighborhood look like a country farms and roads. It came with road custom.

*Goosie*

*Goosie*
Test Subject
#12 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 12:41 AM
i have the same problem (flashing blue eveyrwhere) and i removed all my downloads, still didn't work. what should i do? help!
Test Subject
#13 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 1:13 AM
Default success
Jonesi I had same problem as you.....deleted targas_pond_wter mod problem solved. Just thought I would let you know that there is a seasons insimenator ver. 2.6 I have in game nho problems with blue box or flashing blue terrain.....have fun simming

Section jump