Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Outerwear as.... Outerwear! UPDATE: Fixed Uni Bug

by fanseelamb Posted 3rd Mar 2007 at 9:36 PM - Updated 15th May 2013 at 12:46 AM by fanseelamb : testing 123

190 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 176 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 8
Instructor
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 10:03 PM Last edited by fanseelamb : 3rd Mar 2007 at 11:28 PM. Reason: converted to "thanks" post :)
Thanks for sharing this for the new expansion pack!
It is a great idea to convert some of the clothes in the game to outerwear!!
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 10:04 PM Last edited by fanseelamb : 3rd Mar 2007 at 11:27 PM. Reason: converted to "thanks" post :)
This is great
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 10:10 PM
Awesome!! I've been waiting for this!!!

But, does this mean that there is a new SimPE? Because the Norwegian translation of the names us ridicoules. Or however it is spelled. The meaning is clear..

Is there a new one?
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by siljenorth
Awesome!! I've been waiting for this!!!

But, does this mean that there is a new SimPE? Because the Norwegian translation of the names us ridicoules. Or however it is spelled. The meaning is clear..

Is there a new one?

No, I used the old SimPE. A Seasons version isn't needed for this particular mod.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 10:38 PM
It always annoyed me that the coats were formal - who eats dinner wearing one? Now my sims can don their fur & go out to dine with an elegant frock underneath.

Thanks Fanseelamb! You're my hero!

Love & Hugs

Shaz

I love to build small, elegant lots & neighbourhoods with No Custom Content & Hack Free. You can find them at my Minisite at TSR.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 10:40 PM
thank you so much! they really are cool. ^_^
but how did you convert it?
If its in SimPE, what did you do? ^_^;
I might wanna make a few custom outfits outerwear.
Test Subject
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 10:43 PM
I will have Seasons by next week, but i downloaded this stuff anyway cause it really looks useful, thank you very much, this should be a featured download!!!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 10:59 PM
OMG! Finally a use for those STUPID toddler/child costumes! May I buy you a drink?? YOU ROCK!
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 11:14 PM
Oh that is so great fansee!! I 'm playing seasons right now it's such a freakingly awesome expansion and your conversion rocks !Thanks for sharing!

You will find my older and newest creations here
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 11:22 PM Last edited by fanseelamb : 3rd Mar 2007 at 11:29 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by moshi_moshi_suttato
thank you so much! they really are cool. ^_^
but how did you convert it?
If its in SimPE, what did you do? ^_^;
I might wanna make a few custom outfits outerwear.

To convert custom outfits, open the custom outfit package in SimPE then follow this tutorial starting at Step Twelve.

And thanks guys, I'm glad you find them useful!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 11:33 PM
These are great Fanseelamb!... Do recolors switch to outerwear too?... If not, not a big deal...

Thanks alot

Rich

Do you like my content? Do you want to buy me a coffee?
Please click this link and help me out:
http://paypal.me/Rich246
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 11:37 PM
No, Rich. Existing recolours have to be converted individually. You can either import/export them with Bodyshop or use SimPE. There's a SimPE tutorial link 2 posts above this one.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 11:38 PM
Thanks so much, fanseelamb! This is terrific and thanks for the link to the tutorial too!

More of my work can be found @
Sims2Artists.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 11:39 PM
Thanks again... I'll think about doing it soon.... have seasons, just not installed it yet...

Waiting for the hackers to get there butts moving :P

Rich

Do you like my content? Do you want to buy me a coffee?
Please click this link and help me out:
http://paypal.me/Rich246
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 12:00 AM
I never used the toddler bear outfits before, because I thought they were just silly, but they look so cute playing in the snow in them ^_^.
Oh, and I second the comment about fur coats to step out in.

Thank you so much!

I am simply a mass hallucination that a majority of the population chooses to believe in.
Test Subject
#17 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 12:08 AM Last edited by JayroRBD : 4th Mar 2007 at 12:26 AM.
Very good this!
You are of congratulations with this.
Already I lowered it, and later I will test it.

Thank!

It forgives me for my English! I am Brazilian!

Test Subject
#18 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 12:08 AM
Thank you very, very much!! :D
Test Subject
#19 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 12:10 AM
Thanks for the outerwears. Great job on the conversions and good idea..
Test Subject
#20 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 12:23 AM
All I can say is - Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 12:45 AM
Thank you very much... i found the outwear outfits abit naff but now i can enjoy some of my fav outfits as outwear now... TY!
Test Subject
#22 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 1:02 AM
Yay! A use for all those outfits I would never dress in everyday! Thanks! I Love it!
Test Subject
#23 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 1:05 AM
Haha, this is already here. I just hoped that somebody would do this someday. Wonderfull.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 1:44 AM
This is probally one of the best hacks I can imagine for this game because considering the need for outerwear they should have done this on their own and not left it up to us normal people as usual. shakes head @ maxis. plus I was waiting for simpe's new version to come out then I was going to manually do just this.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 1:45 AM
Wow that's really awesome!!! I'm getting ready to install Seasons, so I'll test these out as soon as I get setup.

Like a flea circus at a dog show!
Page 1 of 8