Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Better Phone Messages - UPDATED FOR APARTMENT LIFE

by Cyjon Posted 9th Mar 2007 at 10:14 PM - Updated 16th Sep 2008 at 5:55 PM by Cyjon : Uploaded Apartment Life compatible version

136 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 126 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 10:19 PM
OMG Great idea!! Thanks a lot, I'll start testing this right now
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 10:20 PM
Thank you so much, I was tired of calling a sim every hours because I didn't know when they will be home
Alchemist
#4 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 10:23 PM Last edited by Ghanima Atreides : 9th Mar 2007 at 10:28 PM.
Thank you for this. I particularly hated the one that goes "X is at work, unlike SOMEONE I know". Yes, my sim has days off, thank you very much. And knowing what time they'll be back is especially useful, for townies whose jobs I dont know.

It's a shame it won't work for Pets and later. I wonder if there's anyone with modding knowledge who'd be willing to update it...I have no idea how.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#5 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 10:32 PM
It won't work for Pets? Oh! No! I could really use this. I've always disliked the phone rudeness. Thanks for making this. :D
Field Researcher
#6 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 10:41 PM
What a great idea. I'd love to see it updated for the later expansions too.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 11:17 PM
Splarf, yes, I hope someone updates this for Pets+! Thank you for making this, I have wanted something like this for ages!
Instructor
#8 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 11:23 PM Last edited by IsolinaBlack : 10th Mar 2007 at 1:09 AM.
xD This is VERY useful. I kept getting my ADULT sims yelled at for not being at school whenever they called a child-sim friend of theirs! SORRY I forgot that my sim's little sister is at school half the day! xD Kinda hilarious, but yeah. I find it especially useful to know when the hell any sim, especially NPCs, are gonna be back. xP

-Dies- Nuuu! I was about to download (I had a few other downloads open in other tabs, and I download hacks last always because I put them in a subfolder)... This doesn't work with pets?!?! NUUUU! And if it won't work with pets, then... W-will.. Will it work with Seasons, Pets, Nightlife, OFB, Family Fun Stuff, Holiday Stuff, University and Glamour Life Stuff? -Sob- I get all the expansion packs and stuff packs the day they come out... Most of the time it enables me to download more stuff, but... xP
Test Subject
#9 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 12:11 AM
This is a great idea, especially telling what time the sim will be home. I'll keep an eye out for it to be updated for the newer EPs.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 12:16 AM
Thank you so much for making this! I always disliked the phone messages my sims got.

If God intended for there to be Pay-sites for the Sims 2, He would have given us all Paypal accounts.
Test Subject
#11 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 12:25 AM
I would update this but... i can but still a wonderful idea shame i got pets and in a few days getting seasons.

Don't Rush Me... Or Else... ill make you into a sim and burn you alive... just ask my stepmother.
Test Subject
#12 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 12:29 AM
Dang, see? another reason not to get pets or seasons... but i already have pets.... DANG! ah, well.... I'll just have to keep on getting bad messages from other sims... IT JUST MAKES YA WANNA KILL 'EM! Meh, i have someone who can't cook and then, hehe, burn BURN! HAHAHA!

Is Trull. Is good.
Test Subject
#13 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 1:14 AM
VERY useful! I <3 this! Thanks so much for uploading!
Instructor
#14 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by trullx0xman
Dang, see? another reason not to get pets or seasons... but i already have pets.... DANG! ah, well.... I'll just have to keep on getting bad messages from other sims... IT JUST MAKES YA WANNA KILL 'EM! Meh, i have someone who can't cook and then, hehe, burn BURN! HAHAHA!

Seasons is utterly AWESOME. Don't dis Seasons. Pets had lots of problems with Custom Content, but if Seasons does, then its worth it anyways. xD I Lubs my penguins!
Test Subject
#15 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 1:24 AM
Great too bad not working for pets or seasons ;( plz can anyone make this for seasons ???? I Love the idea so much Hate the rude phone
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 2:03 AM
Greatly appreciate this. I got tired of having little sim kids talk back to my older sims. Especially the nice ones. Now I'll actually have my sims call each other again!

Contests? Challenge? Custom Content?
Find it all, and more, in the link below!
(~☼ Sim Oasis ☼~)
Test Subject
#17 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 2:07 AM
I put this in, working only with the base game, but I'm having trouble with it. My Sim tries to call another Sim and then there's a jump to where the phone's hung up. Boolprop tells me, "Transition to node that does not exist." Calling services seems to be unaffected.

Any thoughts?

"My mind is my center and everything that happens there is my responsibility. Other people may believe what it pleases them to believe, but I will do nothing without the reason I know why and know it clearly." -Dirk Gently
---
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 3:28 AM
You are a god.
Thank you.

EveZ
Please check out my news set of outfits!
http://www.modthesims2.com/member/s...ad.php?t=219976
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 3:41 AM
There are now two versions of this mod: "base" for the base game and University and "NL" for Nightlife and OFB. Download only one. The NL version is exactly the same as the OFB version I had before.

Let me know if the base version works since I can't test it. Thanks for your patience
Forum Resident
#20 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 7:19 AM
Thanks, I really appreciate this! I hated those spiteful messages even the nicest sims would leave!
Test Subject
#21 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cyjon
Let me know if the base version works since I can't test it. Thanks for your patience

No, no - thank you. This is probably some goofy mistake on my end. Like having two conflicting phone hacks at the same time. Which may well be the case - I got an error message regarding the "phone line controller" and, sure enough, there's another hack in my DL folder called simply phonehack.package. I can't recall exactly when I put it in there, or what exactly it was supposed to do, but I reckon that's the problem.

So I took it out and fired up the game again. Alas, I'm still having the problem.

I'll have more time to poke around on this tomorrow. Like I said, the trouble is almost certainly on my end, since everyone else seems to be using this without any problems. Any other ideas what I should be looking for?

"My mind is my center and everything that happens there is my responsibility. Other people may believe what it pleases them to believe, but I will do nothing without the reason I know why and know it clearly." -Dirk Gently
---
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 4:08 PM
Any chance that this will be updated for Seasons? It sounds fabulous!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 4:19 PM
MShades, that phonehack is probably JM Pescado's phone hack which I use as well so there should be no conflict.

Did you install the new base-game version I posted? There was definitely a problem that I had overlooked which is why I have two versions now.

If that doesn't help you can try running the Hack Conflict Detection Utility from http://simwardrobe.com and see if it reports any problems.

As a last resort, you could try posting the error log that is generated when boolprop gives you the error message.

Can anyone else using the base game only confirm whether it is working or not?
Forum Resident
#24 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 4:46 PM
I only have the base game and university so I will check this out as soon as possible. It is a really good idea and very useful I must say.
Test Subject
#25 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 5:47 PM Last edited by xZise : 11th Mar 2007 at 11:51 AM.
When you will release the seasons/pets-version?
Or can I use it in the newer add ons?

PS: Are the messages all only in English?

[edit]Where are the differences between the add ons in the code?

@ My PS: It seems so, that they are multiligual?[/edit]

[edit]Oh no... In the newer add ons my telephones are disabled... I can only answer calls [/edit]
Page 1 of 6