Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 5:22 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons
Default Sims2pack content not showing up?
Well today i went on the almighty download spree at TSR. I'm sure you know what thats like *rolls eyes*

Now I did most of it in the download bin, then did the sims2pack thing(some straight from the individual downloads, some grouped from the download bin). Once in my downloads folder(I have a seperate folder they go in before the game downloads folder) I double click them and install with that maxis install thing that pops up.

Some files I straight downloaded in rar format while waiting for the packs to download so I could delete my bin list to add more.

Ones I un rar'ed for the most part show up in my game fine. Now I the sims2packs on the other hand... None of it seems to show up.

I took out my downloads, opened body shop and ran it then closed it. copied my downloads back in the new folder. nada. restarted my game 3 times.

Now upon looking through my folders.. It seems my teleport folder has about 258mb of files in there that dont seem to want to "teleport" into the game. Now I dont know why it wont... even after 3 restarts.

I dont know if it is supposed to put files in my downloads folder and have the temp files in teleport.. But it doesnt put anything in downloads currently.. only in the teleport folder.

Maybe I need to take some out of teleport and do it little by little??
Or if something else needs to be done instead?

I just REALLY dont want to have to find ALLLL 700+ files(yeah dont ask) again on tsr and download them in soley the rar files. If there is osme other way to do it, i'll try that first.
Advertisement
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 5:58 AM
Try installing the .sims2pack files using Clean Installer instead of the Maxis installer. Let us know if that makes any difference.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 6:24 AM
lol You caught me in the middle of doing that lol Figure I'd give it a whirl.

Now what happens if I install them al with CI and they work then some how... those files sitting in the teleport folder, teleport in game? Will they go in game with new jumbled file names? so that I have duplicates of who knows how many things? Or what happens?
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 7:02 AM
The file names shouldn't change unless you manually edit them. As for the files in the teleport folder, they're supposed to (as far as I know) be deleted by the game after it loads them into their respective locations, i.e. a lot into the lots folder, etc. If you do end up with duplicates then you can use Clean Installer to remove them since it identifies duplicates.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 6:04 PM
Yeah I figured it was supposed to remove them after it puts them in.. but they just sit in teleport xD

For the most part I got about 95% of the content in game via CI. Theres some maxis painting recolors that didnt show up. Or at least I thik they were supposed to be recolors of a maxis mesh. I might have to go find them and double check.

Also a few issues of I think some recolors had been named the same thing on some and overwrote other files. So beyond that everything looks okie dokie for now.
retired moderator
#6 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 6:41 AM
Glad to hear that most of your downloads are in the game now. Happy simming

Locked thread | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: Solved