Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 17 (Who?), Viewed: 3427 times.
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 5:45 AM
Plantsim Skin
i was wondering of anyone know how i would go about getting the plantsim skintone to show in the CAS an maybe the hair too

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
staff: retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 6:16 AM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 17th Mar 2007 at 7:22 AM.
Well, the skintone's not gonna show up in CAS, I'd think. There's only a few textures for them - they're not a whole skintone. Just adult male and female textures, toddler universal, and wilted states of all of those, so I would think having it show up would make things go BOOM. Might be able to get the hair to show up by putting on boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true and then pressing (I think it's) Shift-N, as that should unlock all kinds of stuff like the alien skintone and career outfits that aren't normally in there. Otherwise, well, hopefully someone will make it a wearable hair without being a plant sim.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 7:36 PM
Is there a way to extract this skin so that I can make it look more "realistic" when nude?

~For your Sim's Pleasure~
M and M Needful Things
~For YOUR Pleasure~
Scent-Sations
#4 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 7:47 PM
If you look under my profile, I've made a plantsim default replacement package. You can look at the names of the textures used in my package and use SimPE's resource finder to search for the same names to find the original textures. You're welcome to use my default replacement package to make your own default replacement with whatever textures you choose to use.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Instructor
#5 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 4:44 AM Last edited by jmtmom : 20th Mar 2007 at 6:07 AM.
Would it be possible to point me to a more step by step guide on how to extract the plantsim textures? I want to get my hands on the original textures so I can modify them and add the missing ages. I can easily do defaults, but I've never actually extracted directly from the game.

Edited to add: I found the textures in the TSData/Res/3D/Sims07.package

When I try to extract them though, I get a small 256X256 png image, that becomes very pixilated any larger. What am I doing wrong?

I have HP's default package opened for comparision. I find a 512X512 and a 1024X1024 image, in hers, but not in the Maxis file, why is that?
#6 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 12:38 PM
Well, you're almost there, jmtmom. When you use SimPE's resource finder to search for the plant sim textures you should find both Texture Image files and LIFO files. The Texture Image files are the ones you will extract and use as your default replacement files - they'll override the originals.

However, those files point to the larger image files, the LIFOs, which have the actual full-size textures you'd want to extract in PNG format to then edit to your liking.

When you replace the textures in the Texture Image files with your own it'll remove the pointers to the original LIFOs and work properly as a default replacement.

Instructor
#7 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 2:41 PM
Thanks HP, think I've almost got it, but I guess I'm still a bit dense. I see the LIFO files but when I try to extract/export them, I don't get image files. How exactly do I extract them as a PNG?
#8 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 2:53 PM
Right-click on the image in plugin view and choose Extract/Export (can't remember which one it says).

Instructor
#9 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 3:58 PM Last edited by jmtmom : 20th Mar 2007 at 4:48 PM.
*Bangs head on computer in hopes of becoming smarter!*

I'm able to do the following which is almost what I want:

1. Export any of the Image files, the largest being 256 X 256 by right-clicking the image in plugin view
2. Export the _lifo files by right-clicking the file name on the resource list

I can't export the _lifo files by right-clicking them in the plugin view. In fact, I don't really see an image in the plugin view. I get an export option, but it does nothing. The export button is greyed out. I can export the entire file by right-clicking in the resource list, but then I don't know what to do next, and am still stuck.

I must be missing some crucial step. Is there an exporting textures for SimPE morons tutorial somewhere? Or perhaps what I need is a converting files from lifo to PNG for morons.

*hopes HP isn't exasperated easilly by dumb questions*

I have done several searches, and found ancient threads that almost explain the process, but not quite. All I need is the PNG images in good resolution. Since it's a skintone, I don't need meshes or anything else.
#10 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 6:18 PM
Hrm. Okay, well, you should be seeing an image there, and your Export button shouldn't be greyed out. Not sure why that is but it does sound like you're trying to do it right - so it's not a dumb question (and even if it were, trust me, it would totally not be even NEAR among the dumbest I've heard), you're just banging your head against a brick wall here.

Good thing I brought my handy-dandy sledgehammer. See attachment.
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: rar PlantsimOriginalTextures.rar (2.72 MB, 63 downloads) - View custom content

Instructor
#11 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 6:24 PM
Thank-you so much!

I pulled out the default replacements, wondering if that was the problem, but it didn't help. Ah well, now I have what I needed anyway.
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HystericalParoxysm
If you look under my profile, I've made a plantsim default replacement package. You can look at the names of the textures used in my package and use SimPE's resource finder to search for the same names to find the original textures. You're welcome to use my default replacement package to make your own default replacement with whatever textures you choose to use.

Thanks so much! Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but for some reason the last few weeks, I am not getting notificasations of replies in my email. I have changed email addies and everything. Dunno why. I know I used to get them.

Anyways, thanks again, I really appreciate it. :o)

M and M Needful Things
~For YOUR Pleasure~
Scent-Sations
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 3:37 AM
Hmmm...I am only getting the 256 also. Here is a screenshot. I kinda like the viney skin, so I was trying to make changes to that skin.
Screenshots

M and M Needful Things
~For YOUR Pleasure~
Scent-Sations
Instructor
#14 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 7:17 AM
Malicifent, You'll find what you need in sims08 and sims13. I made the same mistake.
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 7:02 PM
Ok thanks! I will check there!

M and M Needful Things
~For YOUR Pleasure~
Scent-Sations
Test Subject
#16 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 7:49 PM
Hrm.....

What tutorial would you recommend for learning how to change the default skins? I want to make my own nudes for the PlantSims, I already have the templates made up, but everytime I try to save my changes, I get an error message saying I am not allowed to change the sims07 file.

I have never attempted making new skintones or changing default skins. I would also like to be able to share my finished work.

I have found about 3 different tutorials, but they are all different and I am just getting confused.

M and M Needful Things
~For YOUR Pleasure~
Scent-Sations
Instructor
#17 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 11:13 PM
No, no, don't change it in the sims file!

Here's the method I've used on several occasions and it works like a charm: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=194390
Be warned, its tedious, but not hard.

HP has already said you can use her default plantskin replacement as a base, but probably not for pay content.
Test Subject
#18 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 1:22 AM
Ok thanks! I did try to make adjustments to HP's files, but the skins look pixally (sp?) ingame.
I am hoping to put them up for free on my site and maybe on a couple of other adult sites. I wouldn't put them up for pay, just cuz I need ALOT more experience doing it first, lol.

Thanks for the link! Tedious is totally fine with me.

M and M Needful Things
~For YOUR Pleasure~
Scent-Sations

Section jump