Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Moi's Neighbourhood Water Global Mod - Rouge, Deep Blue, Deep Green, AprilFool, Mirrory (All versions except Aprialfool's BV) + neighbourhood camera mod

by niol Posted 25th Mar 2007 at 2:41 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2010 at 10:40 AM by niol

133 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 129 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Banned
#2 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 3:26 PM
This is very nice.

If it isn't too hard, would you consider making a darker blue water for the neighborhood? A more realistic one?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
This is very nice.

If it isn't too hard, would you consider making a darker blue water for the neighborhood? A more realistic one?

I think that would be a great idea too, especially for people like Claeric and I who do not have great graphic cards.

Nice work
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 5:40 PM
Claeric & phantomgremlock,

Can you two show me the kinda of deep blue with either RGB or a texture...? So, I'll see ? I'll see if I may be able to make it/them out...
Banned
#5 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 5:53 PM
I was thinking something like R:25 G:86 B:120.

That seems a nice deep color for neighborhood water.

As long as it isn't as abnormally bright of a blue as it is by default. <_<
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 6:04 PM
Scholar
#7 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 6:36 PM
Oceans of blood ! Aaargh ! Thanks for this other advancement in customization...

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Field Researcher
#8 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
I was thinking something like R:25 G:86 B:120.

That seems a nice deep color for neighborhood water.

As long as it isn't as abnormally bright of a blue as it is by default. <_<

I agree thats a perfect choice for a blue ^^

-Thanks Niol

Oops! I should mention I have Original, EP1, EP2 and EP3
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 7:41 PM
"and the rivers shall run with blood" XD
i have the sudden urge to make an apocalyptic neighborhood. complete with plague famine,war and death as sims ..but from terry prachets decsripion

is there a tutorial for recoloring this kind of thing somewhere? however i figure its more complicated then that.. :/

The answer to life, the universe and everything: 42
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 8:01 PM Last edited by niol : 25th Mar 2007 at 9:24 PM.
Since I'm still testing how the way I altered the colorations is OK, I'll release an rtf file with underlined alterations for all to do their custom recolourations on this thread once better proven working at least OK. It won't be graphical but all steps should be simple enough to understand without graphics. Yet, I'll try to answer what I can answer.

But, first of all, I must get some affirmative feedbacks... for various versions.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 8:59 PM
That Deep Blue Sea looks real good. Gonna try it out now! Thanks.

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Field Researcher
#12 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 11:18 PM
Banned
#13 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 12:20 AM
Thank you VERY much! That's much better than the default. Reflections are clearer in it, too.
Scholar
#14 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 12:33 AM
very nice Mod Niol! The water looks much more realistic. Thank you
xo

Rhondalatte's Custom CAS screens: http://blackpearlsims.com/ (formerly known as Reflex forum)

DeesElegantDecor - Beautiful furnishings:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/DeesElegantDecor/
Field Researcher
#15 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 1:41 AM Last edited by phantomgremlock : 26th Mar 2007 at 2:18 AM.
I tried the red one first.

In the neighborhood it looked like a straight light red (1 tone) because the graphics card is not up to standards but in a family lot It looked more of a peach color. Very awesome, well done! I cuoold see this being used for a martian neighborhood.

I'm going to check out the dark blue one next, thanks so so much!!!! ^^

Added: I read the link about pandorasims, thats a shocker! I know what it's like to get ripped off by another website, thats why I never upload any of my stuff.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 4:47 AM
If the deep blue one is fine..., I'll finish the other versions for it...

I've noticed the recolours may not be presented exactly the ones I've defined...dependent on how my colour definition, the game engine, the users' hardwares, etc... work together. After all, for the red one, I intentionally force it to have various reddish colours under certain views. That's why I didn't say it's a completely bloody colour. And, even the original colour definitions are not all identical.

However, the deep blue one should be mostly around the same coz I used the same colour definition for all I've edited. Yet, different types of reflection plus other shading factors can always be on the way affecting how the resultant colour(s) appear when not counting the HW factors. So, an approximation is sufficient to me so far.

I think I'm sharing things with those who respect in terms of freedom... If someone is so dishonest..., I've got some laughs and shouts...

After all, it's past... But, my personal policy against this person or group won't change. I've my own limits and standing points. That has nothing to do with other things.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 4:22 PM
Thanks Niol! My Water looks like a solid mass of blue normally. Grr evil graphics card... Hopefully This should look brilliant, Blue is bestest!

+Lucky+

Visit VoVillia Corp :)
Cra5h, +Lucky+ WonderKid, Whatever...
Field Researcher
#18 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 8:07 PM
The red water kinda scares me, but I love the blue. I have the same problem as Lucky posted against me, so I'm looking foward to seeing this in game. Thank you!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 10:03 PM
I'm back ^^

This new blue totally rocks, you are indeed a modgod, thanks ^^
I hope you keep coming out with more great stuff
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 5:00 AM
Thanks for all the nice compliment.

BTW, can anyone help confirm the mods can work as supposed?
Probably with a screenshot? Probably with different end of video cards?

Maxis messed up some of the HW grading since Pets and not quite well fixed in Seasons either. That leads to a phenomenon that some just-outdated video cards were down-rated as low-end video cards disabling certain graphical effects that even these video cards can actually support.
Test Subject
#21 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 3:33 AM
I spend a lot of time on catch-up! I like the water......Hmmmm! I made something very close to this. I'm not sure about the video cards? I understand exactly what you are saying about them. It's a mystery to me too!
Scholar
#22 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 2:28 PM
The red one was amusing. XD
Field Researcher
#23 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 2:43 PM
Sure I will test it out, I have an integrated video card that struggles with the game in general, so if it works on mine it should work on anyones! I feel dumb asking, but which one would I want to install? I have all EPs and no SPs.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 5:17 PM Last edited by niol : 2nd Apr 2007 at 5:23 PM.
SPs won't normally affect much so far. but I recommend to compare their graphical card specifications (spec.) to grade them. An SP is unlikely to have a higher spec. than the next EP but can have a higher spec. than the previous EP.

How to choose the game version of the mods?

1. use only one at a time.
2. choose the highest game version of the mod for the highest game version you're gonna run it on.

Say:
0. choose the (the highest game version of the mod) for (the highest game version to run on)
1. choose the EP5 version for Seasons
2. choose the EP3-EP4 for OFB and/or PETS
3. choose the EP2 for NL
4. choose the EP1 for UNI
5. choose the EP0 for TS2

angelad428,

The present "all" EPs means TS2 plus EPs 1-5, so the EP5 version of the mod should be your choice if you're not using Numenor's BGS (updated yesterday) or other means to start earlier EP of that "all-EP" copy.

But if you use other game version(s), you can take the above guidelines for references.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 7:48 PM
Could you make a more green version like the one found in a screenshot in the banner at http://bluemooner.com/pg_joomla/

? Its a nice deep sea green one.
Page 1 of 6