Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Riverfront Downtown

by dimsim78 Posted 5th Apr 2007 at 6:46 AM - Updated 4th Nov 2007 at 5:01 AM by dimsim78 : Uploaded a decorated version of dimsim78 Riverfront Downtown

44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 41 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 7:24 AM
Wonderful neighborhood, I've been looking for something just like it! =]

( ̄▽ ̄)ノ_彡☆バンバン!

DO NOT under any circumstances upload any of my lots to the exchange!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 7:40 AM
Its amazing!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 8:54 AM
Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 9:15 AM
This is my new neighbourhood i like it thanks for sharing
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 9:53 AM
This is amazing!!!! I love it!!!
Greatest Dad Ever
#7 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 10:54 AM
This is great , and definatly my new hood !
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 11:15 AM
Thank you very much. I will be more happy if you will do your neighbourhood with all the building and the trees ready for downloads.
Sockpuppet
#9 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 11:42 AM
Awesome job !!!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 11:43 AM
Really cool Dimsim! It's like i'm looking at SimCity 4! Your screens are excellent an the layout of the city is perfect. The suggestions in the map are most appreciated. Too bad those scrapers, which i already have don't lit up at nights cause they really are cool looking and would look very nice in the evenings with lighted windows like the smaller octagonal building. Anyway great neighborhood, looking forward to more of your creations soon
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 12:24 PM
Thank you for sharing this, it's beautiful... can't wait to see it in my game.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 1:32 PM
Thats a beautiful neighborhood! It's realistic (which is a challenge when it comes to The Sims). Nice work!

"Blood is thicker than water, meaning you should be nice to your relatives. But custard is thicker than blood. This meaning you should be nice to trifles?"
- Eddie Izzard
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 1:39 PM
Cool! Just a little bit sad cause we have to download all houses by self. (sry for my bad english)
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 3:46 PM
Totally Great! In my Main Neighboorhood are already two downtowns, but my Sims have to have this downtown, too :D.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 11:16 PM
Absolutely beautiful!!!

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Test Subject
#16 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 11:45 PM
For some reason, it just isn't showing up. Are you sure you don't need the camera hack or something?
Forum Resident
#17 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord_Morgan
Really cool Dimsim! It's like i'm looking at SimCity 4! Your screens are excellent an the layout of the city is perfect. The suggestions in the map are most appreciated. Too bad those scrapers...don't light up at night cause they really are cool looking and would look very nice in the evenings.

Exactly. What was the reason, if I may ask, for not uploading the fully decorated version so magnificently pictured (really, they're just *awesome*!) in the post? Cuz I want it to look just like that, but I'm lazy and I am crap at decorating and yours is perfection. :lovestruc Anyway, phenominal neighborhood, Dimsim. THANK YOU for sharing!!

Always,
Emma
Field Researcher
#18 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 2:42 AM
How cool. It kind of reminds me of New Orleans. And it would be awesome if you could upload it totally fitted out. Would that be possible?

is it can be sims tiem now plees?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by b0hemian_l0ve
For some reason, it just isn't showing up. Are you sure you don't need the camera hack or something?

Hi b0hemian_l0ve
Thank you for downloading my neighborhood, i'm not sure why you got that message when you tried to unzip the file, the file contains a read me file and a folder that is not zipped called dimsim78 Riverfront Downtown SC4, just double click on that folder and move all the files to your My Documents/EA Games/Sims 2/SC4Terrains.

Hope this helps
dimsim78
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babydawl1880
Exactly. What was the reason, if I may ask, for not uploading the fully decorated version so magnificently pictured (really, they're just *awesome*!) in the post? Cuz I want it to look just like that, but I'm lazy and I am crap at decorating and yours is perfection. :lovestruc Anyway, phenominal neighborhood, Dimsim. THANK YOU for sharing!!

Always,
Emma

I'm glad everybody likes my neighborhood thank you all for your kind words. I did'nt upload a fully decorated version as i am not sure how to do it, that's why i made a map for decorating ideas, however i will try and figure out how to do it and add it to this post.

dimsim78
Instructor
#21 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 3:41 AM
this is great!!! theres so much land!! thank you!

~Hi, I don't do Sims much anymore, sorry! I will respond to messages when able :)~
Test Subject
#22 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 5:34 AM
Thank you for sharing your terrain. I think it looks great! Your pictures give us so many ideas on how to personalize it.
Instructor
#23 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 6:12 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOH SNAP!!! THis is awesome!!!! nice work...thank you for sharing!!!

Sims 2 *Mo' addictive than a Peanut Butter and Crack Sandwich*
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 8:14 AM
Awesome work..Thank you for sharing...Just what I needed to my sims..Thank you again for all the hard work.
Test Subject
#25 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 8:15 AM
I think you can upload the full decorated version like this:
go to My Documents/EA games/The Sims 2/Neighboorhoods/N00(the number of the neighboorhood in which this downtown is in). There is a package called N007_Downtown001 (or 002 etc. if you have more than one downtown) and a picture called so. I think you should upload this file for the decorated one. But, I'm not sure if it works, I didn't check it :/.
Page 1 of 2