Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Garden Helpers #4 - Harvest Faster

by CtfG Posted 22nd Apr 2007 at 3:51 PM - Updated 2nd Apr 2008 at 11:31 AM by CtfG : Update BV & FREETIME info

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 4:17 PM
oh yay! i will test and report back! thanks for this!!! (next up, fish faster? :D)

DDO
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 4:26 PM Last edited by CtfG : 22nd Apr 2007 at 5:49 PM. Reason: Removed inappropriate boasting; enthusiasm got the worst part of me...
Quote: Originally posted by daysies
oh yay! i will test and report back! thanks for this!!! (next up, fish faster? :D)

"Next up" is a secret I could already junk some planned expansions for my TeenStar PC because other modders were quicker, and I just noticed the hack "Buy collars at home" by christianlov, so this planned expansion will also have to be removed.

Let Teens Live Alone With TeenStar PC
Let Teens Adopt A Baby/Toddler/Child
>>> Check my profile page for further hacks <<<
Scholar
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 4:32 PM
Another useful gardening hack ! I've tested the talk faster this afternoon and it's far more pleasant to do gardening now. Thank you CtfG, you save my sim's spare-time. :D

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 5:04 PM
my Sim has a huge plot of strawberry plants, ready for harvest, and she just picks from it 3 times (same with the trees) and moves onto the next! this is the best time saver ever, and the animations look great to me! :D

oh! i just thought of another "something" faster now. shall i share my idea?

DDO
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 5:53 PM
<snip> oh! i just thought of another "something" faster now. shall i share my idea?

Sure! State it either here (my apologies to all for the temporary hijacking of this thread!) or PM me

Lab Assistant
#7 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 6:24 PM
thank goodness. i love to garden and was hoping my sims would love it too. maybe they do, but i hate them having to spend ALL their time doing it. ;-)

your hacks are AWESOME.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#8 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CtfG
Sure! State it either here (my apologies to all for the temporary hijacking of this thread!) or PM me

Well, it's your thread... but since you're on a "faster" streak, I was thinking of "fishing faster." :D

DDO
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 7:26 PM
Still a useful hack! And a hack to remove "bad grasses" more quickly would be possible?
Thanks

If grey matter were more pink, the world would have less dark ideas...
Si la matière grise était plus rose, le monde aurait moins les idées noires ...
What just happend?
retired moderator
#10 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 5:50 AM
Great hack thank you and yes please, faster fishing, that would be brill.

Life is for LIVING so, LIVE it and have Fun

Please use "spell check" when posting!!!
Prejudice is the child of ignorance.
Stupid people are stupid
#11 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 9:50 AM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 10:13 AM
@ daysies + G.O.C.:
The functions for Fishing are already optimized, as far as I could track. Contrary to raking or talking to trees, there is no constant loop which could be shortened. Instead, fishing is a sequence of several combined animations. To reduce the fishing time, it would be necessary to remove some of the anims, which results in a sim standing this moment at the pond and having next moment a fish in his/her hands (or starting another try to catch a fish).

For a test, I removed the anims, and it looked like the "jump bug" with no logical flow in the movements. If it is desired, I could make such a hack, but it really looks ugly. Really.

Let me know what you think of it

The Quiet One
retired moderator
#13 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 1:19 PM Last edited by daysies : 23rd Apr 2007 at 1:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CtfG
For a test, I removed the anims, and it looked like the "jump bug" with no logical flow in the movements. If it is desired, I could make such a hack, but it really looks ugly. Really.

Let me know what you think of it

I had something here, but I changed my mind. Is there anyway you could speed up the animation instead? Of course, I'm no modder and I don't know if that could be done anyway. Just a suggestion.

DDO
Alchemist
#14 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 1:53 PM
Great, really useful! I'm going to have my playing session, with a smile on my face because finally I'll enjoy the gardening. I turned a sim into a plant one for experimenting the various possibilities of Season (btw, the plant people are lovely).
Thank you forever. kiss and ciao.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 8:11 AM
I had something here, but I changed my mind. Is there anyway you could speed up the animation instead? Of course, I'm no modder and I don't know if that could be done anyway. Just a suggestion.

I tried yesterday almost the whole day to hurry up the speed, but I failed I probably don't know enough about animations to do this. Sorry. That leaves us only with the possibility to "rip" out some animations to accelerate the fishing.

The Quiet One
retired moderator
#16 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 9:23 PM
CtfG, i just wanted to let you know that i appreciate the time you're taking into looking into that. perhaps, you could ask for feedback in the Modding Discussion forum... maybe another set of eyes could help you with the animation part.

DDO
Theorist
#17 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 10:36 PM
Thank you
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 3rd May 2007 at 1:07 AM
Neat. I want to have a home business to sell fruits & hope this can solve my problem to restock faster. Thanks :D
Test Subject
#19 Old 7th May 2007 at 3:19 PM
Thank you so much! This works great.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 1:07 PM
Thanks so much for creating and sharing this fantastic mod. I'm a bit of a gardener, myself, but have been sidelined most of the summer due to lack of rain (or too much rain depending on the day), allergies, and mild asthma (Northwest Indiana here) so to be able to live a bit through my PlantSims and "Gardenin' Fools" Sims has been so much fun for me. Your 'Garden Helpers' creations have made it even that much more fun and easy!
Thanks so much.
Great work!
Test Subject
#21 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 7:42 PM
Installed game version:
Original (X) Uni (X) NL (X) OfB (X) Pets (X)

Installed stuff packs:
FFS (X) GLS (X)

Installed Language:
english
problem description (as long as you like, with as much details as possible):
it shows up when you eneble\disable the mods but it shows up with an yellow exclamation so i cant use itbut i can use all the other stuff i have in the C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads folder please help thax in advance
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 1:10 PM
Is it compatible with Freetime?

Thanks!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 11:33 AM
Update 2008-04-02
All Garden Helpers work with EP6 BonVoyage and EP7 FreeTime. No changes necessary.

Vironin

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mortaldeath
(...) it shows up when you eneble\disable the mods but it shows up with an yellow exclamation so i cant use it (...)

The yellow exclamation mark informs you that a mod / hack will overwrite one or more of the original game functions. This is intended, because without modifying the original behaviour, there would be no mod / hack. You can still use the Garden Helper without any concern.

Vironin

Test Subject
#25 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 2:52 PM
Howabout a hack that will automatically add to any available compost bin while weedng garden and tending orchard trees. also a compost bin with larger capacity.
thanks
Page 1 of 2