Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cheat-Free Rear Entry Garage - Backwards Garage Door Mesh

by khakidoo Posted 12th May 2007 at 6:15 PM - Updated 28th Aug 2011 at 9:52 AM by leesester

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 12th May 2007 at 7:48 PM
Thank you very much, you have no idea how long I have been waiting for this....

Yes I agree as well, quite shallow and pedantic....
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th May 2007 at 8:15 PM
eeeeee you are my hero <3

nothing beautiful is ever perfect
Field Researcher
#4 Old 12th May 2007 at 9:04 PM
I just want to tell you how much of an angel you are! I haven't been able to rotate the parking slabs or garage doors properly since I installed seasons and it has made my hood look awful. Thank you so much!

Check out my site: SIMple Realty
Forum Resident
#5 Old 12th May 2007 at 9:58 PM
Thanks! I am really not bothered about the animations or the shadows - as long as it looks good on a house - thats good enough for me.

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th May 2007 at 10:05 PM
Thanks everyone -

eedgan, thats the thing depending on which way the neighborhood shadow is falling, sometimes the door looks way too dark... it's really crazy and I couldn't figure it out... it's not like a normal shadow thing... but I figured that there was more chance of someone more skilled than me seeing it and fixing it if I actually released it you know?

Subtle In Spades
Instructor
#7 Old 12th May 2007 at 10:41 PM
Thanks khaki! Even if it's not perfect, it still took a lot of work, you did a wonderful job! I'll test it out as soon as I can and will come back with some picks.

Please do not upload any of my lots to the exchange, or any other site.
If you would like to see more of my lots click here.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 13th May 2007 at 3:23 AM
Don't beat yourself up I like it you get a A+ from me for effort

Residential sims2 updated June 23, 2007
Test Subject
#9 Old 14th May 2007 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mstybl95
I just want to tell you how much of an angel you are! I haven't been able to rotate the parking slabs or garage doors properly since I installed seasons and it has made my hood look awful. Thank you so much!

I succeeded by paving all of the tiles across the street with another tile, but I also used the #NotInCatalog method in the floorPatterns.txt and the wallPatterns.txt which means you put a # before every string of "NotInCtalog"
in you're Sims2 textfiles. This way you can replace the original tiles afterwards.

Greetings from Limburg.
Instructor
#10 Old 18th May 2007 at 3:45 AM
I think this is very cool! It must have taken hella work to do this.

Cogito ergo nupta non sum.
Test Subject
#11 Old 18th May 2007 at 5:03 AM
I been looking for something just like this. Building a drive thew store and now it's compleat. Thank you very much.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th May 2007 at 9:04 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind comments

Subtle In Spades
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 25th May 2007 at 4:52 AM
thanx i was getting tire of the same position of the garages..

Live..Laugh..Injoy Life...

Check Out My New Site
Test Subject
#14 Old 9th Jun 2007 at 5:21 AM
what's ALS stand for? armed limo service? Lol
Test Subject
#15 Old 9th Jun 2007 at 11:23 PM
this looks like a nice thing to make my car garages. :D

:alarm:tigerkit23:D
Instructor
#16 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 8:58 AM
Very nice job!!!!
I really need these!!!
Just by looking at the cars you have, you must be a big F-P fan!!
I'll tell you what, I made recolours for the Impala on this site, just click my name and you'll find it, and a few other car recolours!!
Just to show how grateful I am on how well you did on this!!
You deserve more, don't put yourself down, like what some people said about my recolours, my skills are improving everytime I make something new, and so will yours, if you keep trying, and succeed, like what you did here, people love it, and want to see more from you!!!
Also, when you make more mods, or custom content, you'll see your skills go up, you'll be able to do things faster, more accurate than before, find ways to have a smaller file, but keep the same great content, and one more thing understanding how some tools work when making stuff!!!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 9:03 AM
Thank you so much about this!! But there is a small question I want to ask you; If there is on your pics the original and the backwards garagedoors, so what are those doors wich are sideways?? Thanks anyway!! :D:D

Lots and Houses - I can build a lot the way you want! Send me a request!
Test Subject
#18 Old 5th Oct 2007 at 6:23 PM
Default soooo....
amzing that is amzing for my hotel Hotel Venus.... ive tried with other cheats....nothing thank s a lot new my rank at 122 will be at 3555 (im lying) wat ever thabks
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 12:00 PM
where did u get the letters?
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 17th May 2008 at 6:34 PM
Where to get the letters
The letters are from Atavera who retired. But a lot of his great stuff is still available here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,6691.0.html
(letters are posts 3-5)
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 22nd May 2008 at 4:44 AM
I just happened to search garage doors- never thinking anyone would have what I wanted and there it was!
I am trying to build the home WE built; but we have a courtyard and the garage
doors face in toward that courtyard.

This is exactly what I needed. I have no idea why the original doors just
face one way, garage doors face many directions.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 10:14 PM
Does it include rotateable driveways, just for looks?
Test Subject
#23 Old 2nd Mar 2009 at 4:10 PM
this looks amazing in game, thanks!
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 4:47 PM
Cool. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 8:46 PM
rotatable driveways and now rotatable garage doors. You are a savior
Page 1 of 2