Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

NPC Gardeners Have Gold Gardening Badge

by mike_1102 Posted 13th May 2007 at 5:31 PM - Updated 28th Sep 2008 at 7:41 PM by mike_1102 : new EP compatibility update

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th May 2007 at 6:30 PM
Thanks, you'd think it'd make more sense that gardeners were good at gardening...
Theorist
#3 Old 13th May 2007 at 7:13 PM
poifectly_poiple Is sooo right
Mabey Maxis was thinking that gold was reserved for Plantsims and they didn't want the NPC's to mysterially turn into Plantsims.
Yet, all MY NPC'S Are either vampires, Zombie or Todderlers, Just so i can have fresh new ones evryso often!!

Thanks for this!!!

PETCHY14

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th May 2007 at 9:04 PM
but... all my sims have gold and silver gardening badges. the badger doesnt go back to bronze, because gold is when they can talk to plants and my sims can do that. they arent plantsims either.

well one is, but still, yea.

Rise up Virginia Tech, rise up.
Our hearts are with you.
Theorist
#5 Old 13th May 2007 at 9:25 PM
No I meant when A Gardener is doing all the jobs a Normal sim deos, He might have the *spark* or Plantness and Turn into one and probabally ruin the game.

Its just one on those things maxis Overlooked and shouve taken a Risk With!!!
Only mike_1102 can save us now :D

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 14th May 2007 at 5:15 AM
Thanks for making the game make more sense!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Field Researcher
#7 Old 14th May 2007 at 2:19 PM
Cool!! It always annoyed the fact that gardeners cannot garden, so thanks, you rock!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 17th May 2007 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PETCHY14
poifectly_poiple Is sooo right
Mabey Maxis was thinking that gold was reserved for Plantsims and they didn't want the NPC's to mysterially turn into Plantsims.
Yet, all MY NPC'S Are either vampires, Zombie or Todderlers, Just so i can have fresh new ones evryso often!!

Actually, the Garden Club members come ready equipped with a gold badge too - I found that out when I moved one in. Makes sense doesn't it? ... So why didn't they do that for the normal gardeners? Strange Maxis...

I won't be needing this 'cause I have TJ's perfect plants mod installed, but great job nonetheless

Please don't PM/IM me with requests
Test Subject
#9 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 11:04 AM
Hi, I was just wondering if you could make a mod that makes it so bushes dont need to be trimmed, and weeds dont grow? It OK if you don't, I just want one so I can make great gardens which dont get spoiled by overgrown hedges and weeds which my Sims cant sort out Thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 6:16 PM
i'm sure that there's already one out there, i just don't know where to find it. do some google search or ask this on a new thread. someone will give you the link.
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 12:30 AM
OK, thanks anyway for replying, I'll hunt around
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 7:04 AM
Does this work with Bon Voyage?

Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was Oh no, not again. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams

The Hunger Site - Click once a day for free to give food to developing countries!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 6:55 AM
kudos to ya men nice all sims need dow is to work as gardener as a carreer or some like that
Test Subject
#14 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 12:33 AM
I downloaded the gold gardeners badge, but I can't find it. How and where do I find it when I'm playing the game?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 3:14 AM
thanks so much

now can you do the same badge to the club garden members?

or maybe a gold badge for cash register people in stores? thanks again
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lkn4trbl
I downloaded the gold gardeners badge, but I can't find it. How and where do I find it when I'm playing the game?

The badge is not an object to be found, and there's nothing that you need to do. the mod automatically makes all NPC gardeners have the Gold gardening badge the first time they perform a gardening action after the mod is installed.
Test Subject
#17 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 3:46 AM
so it only works on my gardeners, not my simmies?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lkn4trbl
so it only works on my gardeners, not my simmies?
yep. for regular/controllable sims, townies, or any other type of NPCs, you can easily change all of their talent badges with just the boolprop cheat (testing cheat) or object mods like the Insiminator which I assume that most people here are already familiar with.

but a piece of code in the game makes all the NPC gardeners automatically have the bronze gardening badge and makes it not changeable even with cheats or mods. And that's what this mod is really for.
Test Subject
#19 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 2:53 AM
GARDENERS that can GARDEN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I didn't know they existed! Thanks a ton!

RSS ROOLZ!!!!!!www.youtube.com/jakepolo1
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 3:42 AM
Just a question, this says AL compatible but... will this work also with butlers?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 3:14 AM
Nope. Works for NPC gardeners only. AL compatible means simmers with AL installed are safe to use this mod.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 8:16 PM
Ah ok, thanks!!! Any chance for a version that affects buttlers?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 6:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by era506
Ah ok, thanks!!! Any chance for a version that affects buttlers?

Unlikely. I've already uninstalled the game and stopped making mods for the sims 2. Really sorry.
Maybe you can request someone else to do it.
And before you do that, have you tried using the boolprop cheat to change your butler's gardening badge? The only reason I made this mod is because NPC gardeners' gardening badge is locked by Maxis' code. But the butler's may not be. So you can just change it.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 12:27 PM
daily gardener does not work
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Allimae
daily gardener does not work

Really? Well not my problem. That's Pescado's mod.
Page 1 of 2