Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Milez Car Emporium

by cmiles8 Posted 15th May 2007 at 12:42 AM

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th May 2007 at 2:19 AM
I've been waiting for one of these, thanks!
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th May 2007 at 6:23 PM
yes I two!!

but..... why there aren't sims that buy a car!? there's nobody that like them.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 15th May 2007 at 8:33 PM
Great ! For more car, visit sims2carsource.net !

Brunswick Industry: Canadian Pride, Canadian Quality !
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th May 2007 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rickiej
yes I two!!

but..... why there aren't sims that buy a car!? there's nobody that like them.

Believe me, sims will buy the cars. Even the expensive ones will sometimes be purchased. As long as they are reasonably priced, they can be purchased by sims as any other 'for sale' object can be.

Cmiles8
"There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness" - Josh Billings
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 16th May 2007 at 9:37 AM
Hi - Do you need NL for this? I have base game and OFB and was trying to build a car showroom yesterday with the new Mustang car downloads. I have turntables - they came with OFB and I can select the Mustangs to buy in wholesale mode. I can't put them on the turntables, but I can put them on the lot with moveobjects as you suggest. However I couldn't mark the cars as "for sale" yesterday. I'd decided there was some bit of coding missing, but if you've made it work, I'll try again.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 16th May 2007 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cwykes
Hi - Do you need NL for this?

I'd strongly recommend it. I'm not sure how you could even do it without NL. But if you do grab NL, don't forget to grab the NL version of the mustang.

I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th May 2007 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cwykes
Hi - Do you need NL for this? I have base game and OFB and was trying to build a car showroom yesterday with the new Mustang car downloads. I have turntables - they came with OFB and I can select the Mustangs to buy in wholesale mode. I can't put them on the turntables, but I can put them on the lot with moveobjects as you suggest. However I couldn't mark the cars as "for sale" yesterday. I'd decided there was some bit of coding missing, but if you've made it work, I'll try again.

You can't place cars without them being forsale. If they are highlighted with a yellow tint, then they are "on sale".

Also note, if you are using a vehicle look-a-like(not a drivable vehicle), it will act like a regular object, and thus will not apply to my set of instructions nor will it go on the turntable. The turntable was in OFB only because it allowed people to sell their cars if they had Nightlife.

Cmiles8
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 18th May 2007 at 1:43 PM
OK - duh - I don't usually use wholesale mode - I place them in buy mode then mark them for sale.. Now after a year of OFB I finally get the point of wholesale mode. rolls eyes... acts very embarrassed.

Not being able to use the turntable is stupid, but my car lot now works thanks to move objects and wholesale mode. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th May 2007 at 10:28 PM
No problem!

Cmiles8
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 2:52 AM
Just wondering, if you open a car lot owned by any Sim, can you control another Sim which doesn't own that car lot, go there, and purchase a car there?
Test Subject
#12 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 10:32 AM
hi! i see you have a mazda rx8, i'm searchin' 4 that car, could you please tell me where i can find it? thanks, Nunzio
Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 1:06 PM
can you have this a community lot, with cars, and not have it your shop?
Test Subject
#14 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 3:00 AM
I downloaded it but it wont show up in sims2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 5:25 AM
Thanks a lot cmiles8! My sim owns this lot and is making a great profit off of cars i have downloaded!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 4:32 PM
where do you get cars to sell on this lot
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 6:51 AM
I downloaded it and put it into my game but it doesn't show up in the lot bin. :/
Scholar
THANKS POST
#18 Old 25th Jun 2021 at 6:30 PM
Wow, so there is something you can do with a car selling lot. I thought all this time, it was just for show.