Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 3116 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2007 at 2:31 PM
Default New Crib Mesh, advice on how to.
I'm trying to make a crib that uses the same texture for the bedding and I tried to use the same principles for cloning as the bed but, lol, it didn't grab all the recolors, it grabbed none of them. Silly me, what I always think will not be that hard turns into a learning experience. If I do the repository thing on it, will it use any recolors of the original crib?

Another question I have and maybe someone can point me to a tutorial or something, is how do you get the gate to stay animated. I was surprised to see it didn't have any joints and then I read somewhere that it uses a morph. How do you go about doing that?

Thanks for the help
Becka
Advertisement
The Resident Bunny
staff: retired moderator
#2 Old 15th May 2007 at 2:54 PM
Yes, you can use the repository technique to link the bedding to the original crib.

Not completely sure about retaining the morph animation. It at least used to be that you couldn't replace the gate mesh, but you could edit it, and use the Milkshape plugins to import the mesh. It may be that with the current techniques and tools it's possible to even completely replace the mesh, but I've never tried that with morph meshes, so I'm not completely sure.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 17th May 2007 at 12:03 AM
Yes the rail is a morph.
you can definitely create a completely new mesh with an animated rail.
You will need to use Milkshape and unimesh plugin to do that though.
I have never seen a tutorial on this anywhere (If I had time I'd write one, lol)
Best i can suggest is to look at some food tutorials (here at MTS2) as they explain morph groups.

Alex aka Simaddict99
you can find more of my creations at: www.thesimsresource.com/artists/simaddict99/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th May 2007 at 12:39 PM
Hooray, it worked. Thanks again you guys.

Becka
Retired Duck
staff: retired moderator
#5 Old 17th May 2007 at 1:12 PM
Clothing tutorials are also excellent for making sense of morph groups.

Section jump