Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ten dirty faces, subtle through filthy, simple brown & tan sandy (NPB0)

by szielins Posted 12th Jun 2007 at 5:00 PM - Updated 14th Jun 2007 at 8:03 AM by szielins : Added pointer to dirty scarves

10 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 4:01 AM
Hm, could be useful for those doing a poverty challenge. Good job!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 5:42 AM
This is exactly what I needed, thank you so much for sharing ^__^
Scholar
#4 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 10:39 AM
Great! But I agree with astillac but since I got Seasons I don't even think about doing a poverty challenge...
Instructor
#5 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 8:45 PM
Great idea, I'm looking forward to trying these out. Now some of the peasants and merchants in my medieval neighbourhood can get their faces dirty. Yay! Thanks!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 7:58 PM Last edited by Starfish of Terror : 14th Jun 2007 at 9:20 PM.
I love this concept, it's exactly what I've been looking for. <3

But funnily enough, I can't seem to find them ingame. They're under the full-face/costume makeup, right? D:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 4:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Starfish of Terror
But funnily enough, I can't seem to find them ingame. They're under the full-face/costume makeup, right? D:

Yes. The only gotcha I can think of is most of them are subtle enough not to be particularly visible in a small bitmap of a pale mannequin. They're tints, not heavy opaque masks; if you're expecting to see a block of ten things that are glaringly obvious from across the room, you may have (in a sense) looked right through them...

I've attached a jpg of BodyShop as it appears on my machine. The (invisible) mouse pointer is hovering over the 71% dirt0A tint, causing the tooltip "dirt0A 71% NPB0 LBG" to appear.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#8 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by szielins
Yes. The only gotcha I can think of is most of them are subtle enough not to be particularly visible in a small bitmap of a pale mannequin. They're tints, not heavy opaque masks; if you're expecting to see a block of ten things that are glaringly obvious from across the room, you may have (in a sense) looked right through them...

I've attached a jpg of BodyShop as it appears on my machine. The (invisible) mouse pointer is hovering over the 71% dirt0A tint, causing the tooltip "dirt0A 71% NPB0 LBG" to appear.

*shakes head* I'm just baffled...I just finished going through the whole BodyShop, hovering over every custom FullFace Makeup, to no avail. I've checked to make sure they're in my Downloads folder and completely unzipped, and they are. It's just so bizzare as to why they aren't showing up. o.o
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 6:41 AM
I fear I am baffled as well.

I've knocked together a couple of test cases (attached).

LBG_Test_FFM_Zombie_GreenSpots.package is derived from the Maxis "zombie" full face makeup face mask (the one that looks kinda like a clumsy attempt at the Frankenstein monster)-- which is the same one I derived the dirty faces from.

LBG_Test_FFM_Tamoko_RedCheckerboard.package is derived from "tamoko", the full-face "tribal"-style tattoo.

Nothing weird was done during their production (or during the generation of the dirty faces, for that matter)-- I'm on a Mac, so I couldn't fiddle them with SimPE even if I wanted to. If the checkerboard shows up but the spots don't, that might help narrow things down to an eccentricity of the Maxis "zombie" original (which I haven't used for anything else before). If both show up, an SimPE-enabled type on the support forums may be able to dig into LBG_Test_FFM_Zombie_GreenSpots.package and see how it differs from the dirty faces. Of course, if neither shows up, we've learned nothing...
Attached files:
File Type: zip  LBG_Test_FFM_Tamoko_RedCheckerboard.package.zip (13.2 KB, 12 downloads)
File Type: zip  LBG_Test_FFM_Zombie_GreenSpots.package.zip (46.8 KB, 10 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 2:11 AM
Thank you. I have been needing these for some time now.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 11:20 AM
the kind of dirt that won't wash off :)